ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting 2023 G Braeden Shrewsberry commits to PSU Hoops

Guy was offered by Xavier as a junior in HS. X doesn't just give out offers. Looks to be more than just the coach's son

Reactions: NJPSU
Lol another guard. Penn State attempting to become the nation's first team to be comprised solely of 15 guards.
Umm, we signed 2 big men and a wing in the current class. That's 60% of our recruits were not guards... Also, last year's class featured 60% big men as well, just two of them are either hurt or are not eligible to play right now.

Your comment is not based in actual reality or fact.

Back in the day, it used to be that the kids of university employees would get their tuition costs covered as a benefit, is this still the case? If so, would this verbal necessarily use up a scholarship?

Back in the day, it used to be that the kids of university employees would get their tuition costs covered as a benefit, is this still the case? If so, would this verbal necessarily use up a scholarship?
Definitely not. That would be abused so hard for athletes.

But what about room and board? I've heard Shrewsberry charges an arm and a leg to live in his house.

PSU employees get 75 percent of their tuition covered, not anything else like books or room and board, not sure how it affects scholarships

PSU employees get 75 percent of their tuition covered, not anything else like books or room and board, not sure how it affects scholarships
Correct. 75% off tuition, but no discount off of anything else. Yeah, I guess he's not worth giving a ship to. Just make him play at lowly Xavier and St Joe's instead if he wants a ship.

I'm sure that we will have 13 players on scholarship who are better than him.

Are you starting to see how stupid that line of thinking really is?

He has earned a scholarship, no matter what his last name is. He is not some D3 player who is only playing division 1 because of his father.

Correct. 75% off tuition, but no discount off of anything else. Yeah, I guess he's not worth giving a ship to. Just make him play at lowly Xavier and St Joe's instead if he wants a ship.

I'm sure that we will have 13 players on scholarship who are better than him.

Are you starting to see how stupid that line of thinking really is?

He has earned a scholarship, no matter what his last name is. He is not some D3 player who is only playing division 1 because of his father.
lol you're talking to the wrong guy I think, I only commented with the tuition break

lol you're talking to the wrong guy I think, I only commented with the tuition break
Yeah, it wasn't aimed at you. I just quoted you bc I started off by saying that you are correct - 75% off tuition only. I then expanded and went on a bit of a tangent

Guy was offered by Xavier as a junior in HS. X doesn't just give out offers. Looks to be more than just the coach's son
He will be a 4* shooting guard before he is done, and plays with two other prospects that Shrew is after. He may help with recruiting also.

Reactions: psuguy43
They do but not towards students who want to play at the School if I remember NCAA rules on recruiting players.

ADVERTISEMENT