ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Dohn has a 7 confidence crystal ball in this morning for current visitor WR Tyler Johnson. Tyler doesn't appear to be ranked in the overall and is listed by 247 as the #95 WR. Late riser?

Interesting.....must have performed well on his unofficial/workout visit. We are by far his biggest offer, and I don't think he has any other official visits scheduled. I'm guessing he's probably ours if we want him.
Camps are everything this year because there is such very little footage available to evaluate prospects due to the pandemic. PSU is still in the mix with some very good WR recruits and if they want to pull the trigger on Tyler Johnson then you know he showcased some serious skills in camp.

Fitz with a high confidence CB today for Wylie to PSU.

Composite #647 prospect nationally. #17 in PA. Projects as an OLB. Top-4 appears to be PSU, Pitt, Kentucky, and Ole Miss.

Goes to same school as Enai White.
Watching his highlights you really couldn't get a closer clone to Shaka Toney prospect wise...from Philly...a tweener position wise (OLB/DE)...6-3 with a lot of room to grow...great to elite get off and closing speed...you don't see him really drop into coverage like a LB ever, so ideally he becomes a pass-rushing DE who goes about 6-3 245 like Toney and you hope he holds up in the run game...but its great to get high end/upside defensive players who can get after the passer and to recruit another Philly area guy

Not a surprise, but just updating the thread

Yeah, no surprise after the CBs start flipping a few days ago.

Obviously all positions are important (none more so than the QB position, and we have a good one in Allar). But DB is probably the position group where we need to make up the most ground to compete with Ohio State. They are recruiting the WR position obscenely well, and with the QB/WR prospects they've gotten, we definitely need to load up on talented DBs to have a chance against that passing attack. Hartline needs to leave OSU for a coordinator position somewhere.

Nelson still seems to be leaning our way, so that's a plus. Really, really need talented slot and outside cover corners over the next few classes.

Disappointing, but not surprising. Things may change if Helton pulls a Helton this season.

They're on a big recruiting run as of late. Seems odd for a coach who most think is a dead man walking. We've seen how Michigan recruiting has tailed off. Most expected USC to do the same. But I do think the NLI stuff has given them new life, even if the NLI won't save Helton if he loses more than 3 or 4 games this year.

Yeah, no surprise after the CBs start flipping a few days ago.

Obviously all positions are important (none more so than the QB position, and we have a good one in Allar). But DB is probably the position group where we need to make up the most ground to compete with Ohio State. They are recruiting the WR position obscenely well, and with the QB/WR prospects they've gotten, we definitely need to load up on talented DBs to have a chance against that passing attack. Hartline needs to leave OSU for a coordinator position somewhere.

Nelson still seems to be leaning our way, so that's a plus. Really, really need talented slot and outside cover corners over the next few classes.
Do you consider Gould a top DB? After 2 ACLs at 17? Seems like a plus athlete if healthy. Not saying I didn’t want him but he seems overvalued at the moment, especially at DB

Screw ND!
Wiltfong CBed Singleton to Notre Dame late yesterday, which is not a good sign for Penn State. I hate to say this but Penn State is now looking at a Top 20 recruiting class when the recruiting cycle is all said and done, and not the Top 5/10 recruiting class we were all hoping for several months ago.

Wiltfong CBed Singleton to Notre Dame late yesterday, which is not a good sign for Penn State. I hate to say this but Penn State is now looking at a Top 20 recruiting class when the recruiting cycle is all said and done, and not the Top 5/10 recruiting class we were all hoping for several months ago.

If it was Tom Loy, I'd laugh it off as typical ND kool-aid drinking. That dude CBs everybody to ND.

But Wiltfong? That's a bit more concerning. It doesn't help that Dallan Hayden is almost certainly going to OSU over ND, and Gavin Sawchuck is probably OU bound. So, ND is going all-in on Singleton.

It's not the end of the world. But losing a kid like Singleton (PA kid, top-100 talent, plays a position that we can tout given Barkley, Sanders, etc.) would be a kick in the nuts. Kids like him and DDS are the types of recruits we need to make a "good" class a "great" class.

Last edited:
No surprises... Were a solid top 13-20,
team nothing wrong with that. How about our coaches coach us up to be better and how about the fine talent we have play better than their ratings. That might surprise some people..

Make sure and tell that to Franklin. He may as well close down the shop after someone that has nothing to do with the actual recruiting process shows his bias with a CB that means nothing...... SMH...
:rolleyes:

Reactions: TheGLOV
Singleton recruitment isn't over yet.

After every one of his visits so far, each program has been convinced they locked up the recruitment. Hell, we thought Wisky was coming on strong the first week of June. Then all you heard since last weekend was that Singleton gave a silent verbal to the good guys. Now Loy (who also predicted Saunders/Allar to ND) heard some good things and he drops his "I've heard positive things" nonsense coming out of the visits. Singleton still has a Bama visit coming up this weekend too.

Reactions: bmw199 and TheGLOV
Singleton recruitment isn't over yet.

After every one of his visits so far, each program has been convinced they locked up the recruitment. Hell, we thought Wisky was coming on strong the first week of June. Then all you heard since last weekend was that Singleton gave a silent verbal to the good guys. Now Loy (who also predicted Saunders/Allar to ND) heard some good things and he drops his "I've heard positive things" nonsense coming out of the visits. Singleton still has a Bama visit coming up this weekend too.

Don't listen to anything Tom Loy says.

What matters is whether Wiltfong's info is merely from talking to Loy. In which case it's nothing.

If he's getting information from other sources though, then his CBs are worth following. He's not some random guy online who is disconnected from the process.

The Alabama visit will be interesting, as Bama already has two RBs in this class. But they are a bit thin at the position, so it's possible they're trying to load up even though the 2022 RB class is weaker than the 2023 class. If I were ND, I wouldn't be celebrating yet. Any time Bama gets the final visit, it's dangerous.

Don't listen to anything Tom Loy says.

What matters is whether Wiltfong's info is merely from talking to Loy. In which case it's nothing.

If he's getting information from other sources though, then his CBs are worth following. He's not some random guy online who is disconnected from the process.

The Alabama visit will be interesting, as Bama already has two RBs in this class. But they are a bit thin at the position, so it's possible they're trying to load up even though the 2022 RB class is weaker than the 2023 class. If I were ND, I wouldn't be celebrating yet. Any time Bama gets the final visit, it's dangerous.

Wilfong is more credible than Loy, no doubt. But Wilfong changes his mind more than Faucci. He'll make a pick "based on what he's hearing" just to switch the pick the day-of the prospect's announcement. We'll hear from our insiders in the next few days, then everybody can panic or celebrate.

Wilfong is more credible than Loy, no doubt. But Wilfong changes his mind more than Faucci. He'll make a pick "based on what he's hearing" just to switch the pick the day-of the prospect's announcement. We'll hear from our insiders in the next few days, then everybody can panic or celebrate.

Dohn just flipped his CB from PSU to ND for Singleton. FWIW.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT