ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

He seems to have some of the physical traits of Parsons, and it would be great to have a Parsons like playmaker at LB going forward.....
There seems to be a huge gap between Parsons .9982 #5 overall and this young man .9069 #253 overall. Now what may be interesting will be which one contributed the most to PSU on the field when their respective college careers are finished.
PSU got one very good year from Micah. Considering that he is now a multi millionaire, I certainly don't criticize him for his decision. However, IMO, there are many others who (played 3 or 4 years) that made greater contributions to the PSU Football Program.

There seems to be a huge gap between Parsons .9982 #5 overall and this young man .9069 #253 overall. Now what may be interesting will be which one contributed the most to PSU on the field when their respective college careers are finished.
PSU got one very good year from Micah. Considering that he is now a multi millionaire, I certainly don't criticize him for his decision. However, IMO, there are many others who (played 3 or 4 years) that made greater contributions to the PSU Football Program.

Fortunately, the .9982 versus .9069 will mean absolutely nothing once Talley steps onto the practice field, and then into game action for the Nittany Lions.... ;)

Talley may not quite have 4.39 40 yard dash speed, but his 100 meter time seems to indicate that he will be a very athletic and fast college defender, once he learns to play within the responsibilities of a college defense..... hopefully adjusting as fast to the college game as Parsons and other top PSU defenders did.

Fortunately, the .9982 versus .9069 will mean absolutely nothing once Talley steps onto the practice field, and then into game action for the Nittany Lions.... ;)

Talley may not quite have 4.39 40 yard dash speed, but his 100 meter time seems to indicate that he will be a very athletic and fast college defender, once he learns to play within the responsibilities of a college defense..... hopefully adjusting as fast to the college game as Parsons and other top PSU defenders did.
Hope springs eternal.....

DE Wylie is not as highly rated as some other DE's on PSU's board, but he seems to be exploding somewhat with his Spring season. Does not seem to have the size to play DE in the B10, so maybe he's another in the mold of Parsons and Talley that could end up at OLB.......

Reactions: TheGLOV
Janak's highlight video shows him playing several roles on his team's offense and LBer on defense. His speed makes him an intriguing prospect. I have a hard time believing we will be able to generate much buzz with him. He has a Who's Who of midwestern Power 5 schools offering him (not to mention Army, Navy, and several Ivys). Maybe if we can get him on campus and have him see those beautiful hills and mountains in Happy Valley he will know that there is a lot more to life than dreary flat farmland.

A couple of CB's for players to PSU over the last couple days by JC Shurburtt, "South Carolina insider", all at a "5"/"medium" confidence level:

Ramon Brown (RB, .9247, #8 in VA)
Ryan Brubaker (OT, .9103, #7 in PA)
Keenan Nelson (CB, .9507, #3 in PA)

These players seem like priority targets that would be great additions to the class.

Last edited:
I think Allen was always a Rutgers lean and PSU 100% was one vote
I think he had a few PSU votes on Rivals FC, but they flipped to Rutgers today. Snyder put in a FC for Rutgers, too. Too bad......good looking prospect.

Not that Rutgers will probably ever become anything more than a lower- to mid-tier bowl team, but Schiano is doing some solid work on the recruiting trail.

I think he had a few PSU votes on Rivals FC, but they flipped to Rutgers today. Snyder put in a FC for Rutgers, too. Too bad......good looking prospect.

Not that Rutgers will probably ever become anything more than a lower- to mid-tier bowl team, but Schiano is doing some solid work on the recruiting trail.

Our W - L record last year that we are right there with them.

:mad: :( :mad:

This year is very important season for Coach Scott and the DL for recruiting momentum. This DL needs to come through big or PSU will continue to have top prospects picked off by Larry Johnson @ OSU or will see less top DL prospects even consider PSU.
Fortunately, a few things work in PSU's favor here.

1 -- DDS has a good relationship with the staff, and PSU should be favored with or without OSU offering.

2 -- OSU is either a favorite or a major player for several other top-tier DEs. Not sure how many they plan on taking, although this could suggest they don't feel good about Enai White (who is probably SEC bound).

UGA just offered, too.

Can't cry about top programs offering PSU targets. It just means that those targets are great players. And great player will have options, so just more cause for celebration when CJF and his staff bring them to PSU.

Anyone here rather have top PSU targets not have offers from oh-high-ya, GA, UM, ..... ?

Penn State offered Dennis-Sutton more than two whole years ago. Since then, Bama, Georgia, Notre Dame, UNC — they’ve all entered the picture. It only makes sense that OSU would join, too, in trying to get an elite talent. Hopefully Penn State lands him, though!

Can't cry about top programs offering PSU targets. It just means that those targets are great players. And great player will have options, so just more cause for celebration when CJF and his staff bring them to PSU.

Anyone here rather have top PSU targets not have offers from oh-high-ya, GA, UM, ..... ?
The point is we will not get them if the DL doesn't produce on the field. We can ID them early, build relationships, but results matter to these young men and as we know LJ is sending lots of DL to the NFL. I believe PSU iffers lots of positives but with many top line players the potential for NFL play is higher on their priority list.

The point is we will not get them if the DL doesn't produce on the field. We can ID them early, build relationships, but results matter to these young men and as we know LJ is sending lots of DL to the NFL. I believe PSU iffers lots of positives but with many top line players the potential for NFL play is higher on their priority list.
Good thing we just produced two first-team All Big Ten defensive ends who were both selected in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Really?

It can work both ways. Some times top players look at a depth chart and are attracted to a position of weakness on an otherwise very talented team, where playing time is available sooner as compared to a team that is already loaded at a particular position.

Every recruit has different values and priorities in their quest to find the best place to play college football. CJF has consistently put together top quality coaching staffs, so I consider your Sky Is Falling comments about LJ pretty weak. We all know that oh-high-ya has out-recruited PSU pretty much across all positions since at least when Urban showed up there, and that Franklin is doing all he can to close the gap.

And PSU has a very good track record for putting DL players into the NFL. Particularly when considering the incoming talent and the development those players made during their time at PSU.

Good thing we just produced two first-team All Big Ten defensive ends who were both selected and another 7th rounder. That compares with OSU the last few years. Not.
Good thing we just produced two first-team All Big Ten defensive ends who were both selected in the 2021 NFL Draft.
And how does that compare to OSU since LJ left for OSU? Not trying go back & forth again with you. Fact is we are not currently producing @ their level but I do hope this year will be a breakout with our DL after a full spring and fall camp. That will definitely help bring in more top line talent for the DL.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT