ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Someone sell me on young Mr. McNeil. Maybe the fact that the staff is offering him should be enough, but his video highlights concern me. Has he been to PSU camps?
I think Mass is playing football right now. This would mean he hasn't been in a game since 2019.

I think Mass is playing football right now. This would mean he hasn't been in a game since 2019.

Little more complicated. Williston is a member of the Northeast Prep Conference, which includes school in CT, NH (Exeter), PA (Wyoming Seminary), and NJ (Hun) as well as MA. Don't know when Williston will next play, but I don't think it's this Spring.

Little more complicated. Williston is a member of the Northeast Prep Conference, which includes school in CT, NH (Exeter), PA (Wyoming Seminary), and NJ (Hun) as well as MA. Don't know when Williston will next play, but I don't think it's this Spring.
This might not be the correct place for this but Lackawanna JC is just beginning their season now.

Interesting.

16 Sacks in the three games I would think DE.

I think it depends on how big is really is. He is listed at 6'3" but we know high schoolers inflate their measurables. There aren't many 6'2" DEs. He sure looks like he has the closing speed to be a LBer if he can learn the position.

I also think we have to take spring football games with a grain of salt. They are exhilarating statistics, for sure, but my guess is the competition is very watered down.

All skepticism aside, he looks like a great prospect who will make contributions to PSU football.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bmw199
16 Sacks in the three games I would think DE.

Why? Aren't those the type of stats that Parsons put up during his H.S. career as a DE? I don't believe Parsons played much LB at all in H.S., if any.

Yep, we know what 247 has him classified as.

I've never seen him play or even seen him, but from his listed height and weight he would look like a player with a similar career path as Parsons - a H.S. DE that plays LB in college.

With the need for 2-3 true DE's in this class it would be interesting to have an idea if Franklin and his staff see Talley as a LB or one of the DE's for this class, or as a likely future PSU LB. But Franklin talks regularly about getting players that have some position flexibility which may be what they see in Talley.....

Last edited:
IMO ... Too small for a DE. Has to be a LB.
Ken Talley is a LB/DE tweaner. If 247 is correct, he is 6’3, 230 lbs. Height wise, he may be considered too small for DE, and weight wise, he may be considered too heavy for LB especially since he will put on weight in college. He reminds me of Nick Tarburton, who was 6’3, 240 lbs in high school.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Ken Talley is a LB/DE tweaner. If 247 is correct, he is 6’3, 230 lbs. Height wise, he may be considered too small for DE, and weight wise, he may be considered too heavy for LB especially since he will put on weight in college. He reminds me of Nick Tarburton, who was 6’3, 240 lbs in high school.

He will be bigger than Toney.

Sounds like PSU is still clearly in the running for Enai White, but the competition is fierce....

Sounds like PSU is still clearly in the running for Enai White, but the competition is fierce....

Wants to decide in July.

Just popped up on my smart phone this AM that Tykee Smith is a lock to transfer to PSU after a great Zoom Call with the coaches. Even MF was quoted. We will find out soon enough.

Thoug

Thought the exact same thing, but the article said the PSU Staff is pushing hard for him and that it was a position of need. Never know what to believe in these articles from so called, "experts in recruiting."

Thoug

Thought the exact same thing, but the article said the PSU Staff is pushing hard for him and that it was a position of need. Never know what to believe in these articles from so called, "experts in recruiting."

I don't doubt that Franklin may be pushing hard for him. I was just trying to link the thread on PSU transfer portal activity to you as that's where that discussion has been ongoing, including discussion on T. Smith, and this is the 2022 class recruiting thread.

I don't doubt that Franklin may be pushing hard for him. I was just trying to link the thread on PSU transfer portal activity to you as that's where that discussion has been ongoing, including discussion on T. Smith, and this is the 2022 class recruiting thread.

Transfers are part of recruiting. And will be a bigger part going forward. I guess this board needs a ruling.

I for one hate seeing a new thread for every guy that enters the portal. I wouldn’t object to separate recruiting and portal threads for each cycle though. Seems we kinda started down that path anyway.

Transfers are part of recruiting. And will be a bigger part going forward. I guess this board needs a ruling.

I for one hate seeing a new thread for every guy that enters the portal. I wouldn’t object to separate recruiting and portal threads for each cycle though. Seems we kinda started down that path anyway.

There is a thread on all "portal" football activity.

I'm surprised the mod's have not taken the separate thread on Smith and put it in the Portal thread.

This thread is on 2022 class recruiting. None of the portal activity involves players in the 2022 class. And I'm surprised this off topic stuff has not been cleansed yet.............

ADVERTISEMENT