ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

So Fearbry didn't show for the whiteout, went to the mustard-out, and then committed to UK. Would be interesting to know why. Wants to play LB? Uneasy among big crowds? Next.......... Or possibly with DDS and also Talley tearing it up this Fall, and possibly the young DE's on the roster looking good?? in practice DE is full for 2022?

It's been a long time since there has been much written here about Wesolak. Wonder if he is still in play for PSU, given the possible expansion of the 25 recruit class limit. With the 85 limit and the youth of the roster obviously spots are limited. With Wesolak reportedly wanting to play LB, is he behind Barham or just focusing on other schools. Didn't hear anything about Wesolak as a possible visitor to yesterday's game....

So Fearbry didn't show for the whiteout, went to the mustard-out, and then committed to UK. Would be interesting to know why. Wants to play LB? Uneasy among big crowds? Next.......... Or possibly with DDS and also Talley tearing it up this Fall, and possibly the young DE's on the roster looking good?? in practice DE is full for 2022?

It's been a long time since there has been much written here about Wesolak. Wonder if he is still in play for PSU, given the possible expansion of the 25 recruit class limit. With the 85 limit and the youth of the roster obviously spots are limited. With Wesolak reportedly wanting to play LB, is he behind Barham or just focusing on other schools. Didn't hear anything about Wesolak as a possible visitor to yesterday's game....

Reading between the lines the kid has an entourage with their hands out. They were not happy with his PSU commitment because they are never getting anything from us. Kentucky made him (them) an offer they can’t refuse.

CB in for Roye to go to Maryland. Interesting.. maybe PSU has a chance with Wagner after the white out

Reactions: TheGLOV
Roye not making it up the whiteout is concerning. Though if we impressed Wagner enough to bring him on board it becomes MUCH LESS concerning.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I dunno. After only taking 1 OL last cycle (after Bruce moved on from football), I thought they would take at least 4.

I thought at least 4. But the 5 in 2020 that are all still with the team, with good reports on the development of most of them (haven't heard much regarding Christ), and with all 5 having at least 3 more years to play (4 with the covid year?) maybe it's not as urgent as some here, me included, believed.

Other possibilities include the staff really wanting Wagner for the last OL spot, the good possibility of bringing in some 2023 OL players that Trautwein believes will be ready soon after getting to campus, or that the staff has been scouting a couple of late blooming 2022 high school olinemen that they like just as much as Roye as contingency of they don't get Wagner.

Lots of time between now and signing day(s).... and plenty of home games to bring in new recruits to ......

He said earlier this week he'd like to play immediately.

After that OL performance Saturday, people can see what Trautwein is building at PSU -- it's going to be an absolute pipeline of All-B1G and NFL draftees. There will be no shortage of great prospects who want to come to PSU and learn to pass protect like Walker and Wallace because that is a sure path to really big NFL money.

Another CB for Roye to MD. This one by Dohn.

No room at the inn??
I remember watching him against Aquinas this year and coming away not very impressed. Looked slow and didn't have great footwork. He is a project for sure. Not sure early playing time in a P5 conference is the best for him.

Is Wagner still a realistic possibility?

After that OL performance Saturday, people can see what Trautwein is building at PSU -- it's going to be an absolute pipeline of All-B1G and NFL draftees. There will be no shortage of great prospects who want to come to PSU and learn to pass protect like Walker and Wallace because that is a sure path to really big NFL money.
Yes, but the run blocking grading for Wallace, Scruggs and Miranda is subpar @ this time. That needs to improve and I believe it will under Coach Trautwein.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Yes, but the run blocking grading for Wallace, Scruggs and Miranda is subpar @ this time. That needs to improve and I believe it will under Coach Trautwein.
Rewatching the Auburn game I came away thinking that it was more Miranda that was having the issues, and it is causing the rest of the line to falter in the run blocking as a result. Walker and Scruggs looked just okay, but it was Miranda who was repeatedly getting blown up at the LOS more than anyone else.

Always felt that the hallmark of Trautwein's lines were the pass blocking as opposed to the run blocking, which is seemingly showing through so far early in the season.

Reactions: royboy
Rewatching the Auburn game I came away thinking that it was more Miranda that was having the issues, and it is causing the rest of the line to falter in the run blocking as a result. Walker and Scruggs looked just okay, but it was Miranda who was repeatedly getting blown up at the LOS more than anyone else.

Always felt that the hallmark of Trautwein's lines were the pass blocking as opposed to the run blocking, which is seemingly showing through so far early in the season.
Interesting.

So AJ Dillon must have gotten all those yards on his lonesome.

Reactions: colt21 and Grass
I remember watching him against Aquinas this year and coming away not very impressed. Looked slow and didn't have great footwork. He is a project for sure. Not sure early playing time in a P5 conference is the best for him.

Is Wagner still a realistic possibility?

From what has been reported as feedback from Wagner from his attendance at the White Out game PSU is very much in play for him. But so are a couple of other top 20 teams as well, and apparently Wagner wants to hold off his commitment until January(??).

Right now I believe Franklin has the best group of coaches and talent evaluators put together that he has ever had while at PSU, including Trautwein. So if Trautwein passes on Roye, or any other recruit that has unrealistic early playing time expectation/requirements, that is not a disappointment to me, but a big positive. There are OL freshmen and Sophomores that can come in and play at a high level for top 10 programs, but they are few and far between, and I continue to hope that Franklin and Trautwein will recruit talent olinemen that are willing to dig into the S&C program, learn their craft, and then get on the field when they are truly ready to play at a championship level.

Reactions: PSUALREADYKNOW

I think they are testing Effner out at LG with the intent of replacing Miranda... but I'm purely speculating.

Move Scruggs to Center?

I honestly am not sure. After reading the BSD film breakdown, maybe they just want a better LG.

I think C and LG are the two most volatile spots. At least Trautwein is trying to find the best combination.

Never even heard of him, but read somewhere just now that he is already 18 years old, and will be 19 or 20 by the time he gets on a campus.

Tough to find film of him anywhere, there aren't any recent highlights on his hudl.

Never even heard of him, but read somewhere just now that he is already 18 years old, and will be 19 or 20 by the time he gets on a campus.

Tough to find film of him anywhere, there aren't any recent highlights on his hudl.
Hopefully we don’t make fun of his age like we make fun of Julian Flemings age.

• Sad
Reactions: Lion8286
ADVERTISEMENT