ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Brian Dohn also with a CB pick for Singleton -- confidence level of 7. Suffice to say, they must have heard something.

This could have been the Tom Loy effect. Loy is legitimately one of the worst "insiders" in the business. Everybody is a ND lock.......until they're not. Loy was among the first to CB Singleton to ND, and many followed. As I mentioned before......if Wiltfong and others were taking their cues from Loy, then I wouldn't worry as much.

All things being equal.......it wouldn't make a lot of sense for a PA kid at the RB position to opt for ND over PSU. I can see guys like DDS going to UGA, but Singleton to ND was always odd. Bama worried me more.

Reactions: bison13
Brian Dohn also with a CB pick for Singleton -- confidence level of 7. Suffice to say, they must have heard something.

This could have been the Tom Loy effect. Loy is legitimately one of the worst "insiders" in the business. Everybody is a ND lock.......until they're not. Loy was among the first to CB Singleton to ND, and many followed. As I mentioned before......if Wiltfong and others were taking their cues from Loy, then I wouldn't worry as much.

All things being equal.......it wouldn't make a lot of sense for a PA kid at the RB position to opt for ND over PSU. I can see guys like DDS going to UGA, but Singleton to ND was always odd. Bama worried me more, but them having 2 RB commits already in the '22 class gave me hope.
Or maybe singleton realized he would have brian Kelly as his coach if he went to nd.

Or maybe singleton realized he would have brian Kelly as his coach if he went to nd.
Granted, the culture at ND is a bit "different". But unless a kid is really drawn to that culture -- or came from a pro-ND Catholic school -- I really don't see why an out-of-state kid would opt for ND over a comparable in-state power.

All things being equal.......it wouldn't make a lot of sense for a PA kid at the RB position to opt for ND over PSU. I can see guys like DDS going to UGA, but Singleton to ND was always odd. Bama worried me more.
Well, I cannot see a guy like DDS going to UGA without significant sums of money involved.

UGA is not putting DLinemen into the NFL, period. The last DLineman that UGA has put into the NFL was in the 2013 draft! Come on, you are telling me that DDS doesn't want to get drafted?

Penn St had 2 DE's drafted in 2021 (including a 1st rounder) and 4 in the last 3 draft years alone. And that is only DE's. The math doesn't add up unless DDS has no interest in the NFL or there is a large sum of money changing the equation.

Everybody has to chill. Recruiting intel goes with the wind, as a fan you can’t get too down or too high.

These national recruiting guys kind of suck though, man. Flip a switch after they hear some stupid nonsense from anyone. As a PSU fan, we’re pretty lucky to have some solid insiders - just follow them and take anything from the national guys with a grain of salt.

Everybody has to chill. Recruiting intel goes with the wind, as a fan you can’t get too down or too high.

These national recruiting guys kind of suck though, man. Flip a switch after they hear some stupid nonsense from anyone. As a PSU fan, we’re pretty lucky to have some solid insiders - just follow them and take anything from the national guys with a grain of salt.
Yep.

If you're dumb enough like me to follow recruiting (and thus the whims of 17-year-olds), then you have to deal with the ups and downs. There are some good sources of information out there, and some serious pretenders hoping to get it right and earn the coveted "insider" status. Learning to tell the difference between the two is critical.

Recruiting is quite an emotional roller coaster........if you allow it to be.

Last edited:
Good news!!!

SB Nation

Notre Dame now trending down for elite running back recruit​

As it often goes in the recruiting world for just about every program, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish are very close to losing one of their top prospects to another school.
Cristiano Ronaldo holding a phone

Just a few days ago, 4-Star running back Nicholas Singleton from Reading, Pennsylvania, looked like he was going to be a part of the 2022 Notre Dame recruiting class. Singleton made an official visit to Notre Dame, and the thought was that he may commit after short visits to the Alabama Crimson Tide and Texas A&M Aggies. Instead, it appears as though the luster of the visit to Notre Dame has disappeared, and the early favorite Penn State Nittany Lions have bounced back to be Singleton’s leader.
247 Sports National Experts Brian Dohn and Steve Wiltfong recently set their Singleton crystal balls to Penn State.
table
© Provided by SB Nation
This in itself isn’t the worst thing to happen as the mind of a high school student can (and will) jump around, but most are expecting Singleton to commit soon. With the NCAA now in a dead period for recruiting for the next month, it would allow a commitment by Singleton to settle in for a while without the pressure of Notre Dame (and others) still wanting a word.

Notre Dame had narrowed itself down to three running back targets over the last few months. Singleton, along with Gavin Sawchuck and Dallan Haden were known by fans as “the big three.” Events started to move rapidly when Haden committed to the Ohio State Buckeyes, and shortly after Gavin Sawchuck committed to the Oklahoma Sooners. These events took the pressure off of Singleton to secure his spot in South Bend, and now we have arrived at the current situation.
The Irish already have a 4-Star running back in the 2022 class in Jadarian Price from Texas. While they were prepared to add a second back to this class — it was a second back if it was one of those “big three.” If the Irish eventually do lose out on Singleton, I wouldn’t expect them to go hard after another back to join this class.
Always remember though... commitments are just public leaders until signing day.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those taking notes, Penn State has 12 verbal commitments.

Out of those 12, 9 are 4-stars.

The 3 that are not 4-stars:
Alex Bacchetta is the No. 1 rated kicker in HS.
Tyrece Mills is the No. 1 rated safety in JuCo.
Maleek McNeil is a gigantic OT.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT