ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Bellamy is announcing on July 2nd -- safe bet seems to be on ND.

I suspect we'll land Keon Wylie on July 3rd. He visited Kentucky this weekend, but I think we'll be tough to beat.

Fearbry will be an interesting decision on the 4th, as will Zane Durant.

Who else is announcing?
My bad I should have said this weekend. Brubaker is also on the 4th.

Reactions: NittanyIllinois
So, back to recruiting......

Zane Durant trending to Miami.

Alex VanSumeren trending to Michigan State.

No high confidence CBs among them, but a string of CBs for those schools.

Brubaker with a high confidence CB to South Carolina. Anto Saka with a high confidence CB to Northwestern from Wiltfong.

Reactions: grinagrin

Brubaker with a high confidence CB to South Carolina. Anto Saka with a high confidence CB to Northwestern from Wiltfong.
Thanks for updates. I guess VanSumeren is going to join his brother who transferred to MSU from UM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where have I seen this before?

Look for a slew of 3 star offers soon.

Dani Dennis Sutton will be announcing soon, so him committing would go a long way in alleviating DL recruiting concerns. Still need to plus up the DT position. Brevard and Izzard are solid young talents, but we haven't gotten a prep DT recruit since that 2020 class.

Lose DDS, and there are very real concerns about our DL recruiting. But we'll see. Still some other solid edge rusher prospects out there.

Not the ones to be concerned with. However, the front page...

Reactions: psuno1 and Shadow99
Dani Dennis Sutton will be announcing soon, so him committing would go a long way in alleviating DL recruiting concerns. Still need to plus up the DT position. Brevard and Izzard are solid young talents, but we haven't gotten a prep DT recruit since that 2020 class.

Lose DDS, and there are very real concerns about our DL recruiting. But we'll see. Still some other solid edge rusher prospects out there.
No doubt DL recruiting is struggling. Odd because PSU has had two DEs go high in the draft the last few years: Gross-Matos and Oweh. Perhaps the NIL lure is greater at the higher profile programs who have been in the playoffs?

Reactions: TheGLOV
No doubt DL recruiting is struggling. Odd because PSU has had two DEs go high in the draft the last few years: Gross-Matos and Oweh. Perhaps the NIL lure is greater at the higher profile programs who have been in the playoffs?
Don’t think NIL is the issue. Last year’s DL recruiting wasn’t exactly stellar either. Townley was a solid late addition, but we missed most of our DL targets.

Will wait to see how it unfolds, but losing DDS + Singleton would be a massive blow to this class. Makes the 2021 season hugely important for this staff if it wishes to regain momentum on the recruiting trail and close the talent gap with the CFP contenders. The last few classes have been good but not great......and definitely a step back from 2018-2019.
Depends what you think of Singleton vs the other RBs on the board. Regardless, getting Allar and Saunders makes it a pretty legit class. I have no doubt we'll get a good RB or two. Should still be a class on par with 2018 and 2019. Especially after the rankings are redone. Tyler Johnson just was made an ESPN 4*.

Ryan Brubaker commits to USC South.

Oops, that schedule wasn't followed. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Audrey Snyder wrote a week or two ago that it is realistic and Penn State should be happy if it gets 2 of 4, in regards to Brubaker, DDS, Shelton and Singleton. 247 composite rankings list Brubaker 245, DDS 64, Shelton 129 and Singleton 98. Although of course Brubaker is a good prospect and we'd like to have him at Penn State, it's important to keep our eye on the big picture. We can't get them all. Let's get 2 of the remaining 3 big targets, at least.

Need more O Line commits! As always!!! No more d backs!

Reactions: Roar More
Fitz logged a CB for 3* DL Kaleb Artis. Confidence of 7.

Singleton picked up another CB to ND today. Confidence of 5 from a Wisconsin insider.

Fitz logged a CB for 3* DL Kaleb Artis. Confidence of 7.

Singleton picked up another CB to ND today. Confidence of 5 from a Wisconsin insider.
So have we entered the yearly move to 3* recruits after striking out on the majority of our top targets? Before im attacked, I dont blame this on Franklin, as a program we are much closer alligned with Iowa than OSU, not much Franklin can do honestly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT