ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

I can’t imagine what it’ll be but my prayers are with him and I’ll respect whatever he announces.
SIAP I just saw this and didn’t know if this was old news or not. I’ll post it just in case it’s current - Penn State picked up an early-Monday commitment from Drew Allar, a four-star quarterback from Medina, Ohio. Allar is a 6-foot-5, 220-pound pro-style passer who has soared up the national recruiting rankings recently. He is also quarterback No. 2 in the Lions’ 2022 class, joining fellow four-star Beau Pribula.

SIAP I just saw this and didn’t know if this was old news or not. I’ll post it just in case it’s current - Penn State picked up an early-Monday commitment from Drew Allar, a four-star quarterback from Medina, Ohio. Allar is a 6-foot-5, 220-pound pro-style passer who has soared up the national recruiting rankings recently. He is also quarterback No. 2 in the Lions’ 2022 class, joining fellow four-star Beau Pribula.

I don’t think you’re trolling but that is quite old news. Great get so far, I just hope we can hold on to both QB’s....along with everyone else in the impressive class so far.

take that bag off your head!!!! Lol. JK - yeah pumped about his meteoric rise.

Reactions: Nitwit

Read on past the ALLAR article.

A very young nice man, yes a 4-star recruit, has passed away.

PSU did offer him.

Video of Allar shows he has a nice arm. Threw the deep outs effortlessly with zip and into a strong wind. Yes it was only a workout not live fire but with a big body, big arm and the coaching he is getting he is looking like someone MY can really work with ...

Reactions: TheGLOV and brupsu

Gotta believe there will be 4-5 olinemen in this class, with at least 3 of them capable of being starting B10 OT's. And at least 2 of them true OT's with great length, plus Shelton who looks like he could play outside or Guard. Maybe Trautwein wants all of the OL recruits in this class to be long and nimble enough to play OT........... :oops:

Not much talk about recruiting a Center. Anyone hear if any of the recent inside OL recruits have been practicing at Center (Bruce, Achumba, Dawkins....)?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Former PSU QB target AJ Duffy to FSU. ASU seemed to lead for most of the way, then FSU took over until they got a commitment from another QB, then MSU seemed to be gaining momentum.

On one hand, I want MSU to get enough talent to compete with UM. On the other, they've been possibly the dirtiest recruiters and players and fanbase outside of Pitt for the last decade.

Regardless, Pribula & Allar = the ideal QB combo, IMHO.

Reactions: TheGLOV and royboy
Former PSU QB target AJ Duffy to FSU. ASU seemed to lead for most of the way, then FSU took over until they got a commitment from another QB, then MSU seemed to be gaining momentum.

On one hand, I want MSU to get enough talent to compete with UM. On the other, they've been possibly the dirtiest recruiters and players and fanbase outside of Pitt for the last decade.

Regardless, Pribula & Allar = the ideal QB combo, IMHO.

If the recruit for an microsecond prefers FSU or MSU over us? Do you really think they have the intellectual capacity to read a defense? "Keep it." That being said, i'll have whatever they are smoking.

Couple of nuggets from Phil today:

1. Might get a We Are Better this weekend from Maleek McNeil. Big OT from Mass. Traulein really likes him. Low ranked under the radar player.
2. Nicholas Singleton cancelled Ohio State visit. Blue & White looking good.

Couple of nuggets from Phil today:

1. Might get a We Are Better this weekend from Maleek McNeil. Big OT from Mass. Traulein really likes him. Low ranked under the radar player.
2. Nicholas Singleton cancelled Ohio State visit. Blue & White looking good.

Singleton re-scheduled today to a mid-week visit to OSU in June, apparently. Still probably a PSU-ND race for him, though.

Been a while since the 2006 recruiting class.

Or was he a typical FSU recruit?

No, but the response was to someone judging the intellect of any recruit who would select FSU over PSU. Myron had good reasons.

Maleek McNeil just set his school's shot put record with a throw just under 51'.

For perspective, the shot record at my old high school, Conestoga, was repeatedly broken from 1972 on, starting at 53'3" and now around 61'. The guy who set the record in 1972 was the Denver Broncos' 1st round pick in 1976. He was perhaps 220 lbs when he set the record.

Maleek either has very poor technique for the shot or lacks strength and explosion at this point in time. Offering linemen is based in part on how they project athletically. The staff sees enough in him to extend a scholarship. My guess it isn't based on his performance in the shot....

Reactions: bmw199
Maleek McNeil just set his school's shot put record with a throw just under 51'.

For perspective, the shot record at my old high school, Conestoga, was repeatedly broken from 1972 on, starting at 53'3" and now around 61'. The guy who set the record in 1972 was the Denver Broncos' 1st round pick in 1976. He was perhaps 220 lbs when he set the record.

Maleek either has very poor technique for the shot or lacks strength and explosion at this point in time. Offering linemen is based in part on how they project athletically. The staff sees enough in him to extend a scholarship. My guess it isn't based on his performance in the shot....
Your post got me thinking about track and field. It’s been a long time since I competed….Just looked up the HS record. 81’3” for a 12 pound put in 1979. That’s remarkable.

Reactions: bison13
Your post got me thinking about track and field. It’s been a long time since I competed….Just looked up the HS record. 81’3” for a 12 pound put in 1979. That’s remarkable.

Set by Michael Carter over 40 years ago and no one has come within two feet of it since. For those unfamiliar, Carter later became an Olympic silver medalist and an All-Pro DL for the 49ers. His daughter is the girls' high school record holder in the shot and won gold at the 2016 Olympics.

I’d bet technique. Most high schools probably don’t have expert coaches for every event. And since he’s concentrating on football, Maleek probably isn’t attending shot put camps. Everything I’ve read suggests he’s a very athletic big man.

Reactions: LionJim
I’d bet technique. Most high schools probably don’t have expert coaches for every event. And since he’s concentrating on football, Maleek probably isn’t attending shot put camps. Everything I’ve read suggests he’s a very athletic big man.
Probably not. Shot-putters on my son's HS track team (going back 10 years) threw in the 49s. Neither were nearly as big as McNeil. Both, like McNeil, were football players who did track in the Spring to help with conditioning.

ADVERTISEMENT