ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Dallan Hayden given a FutureCast for Ohio State today, and a CB by Wiltfong. It's relevant to us because we and Ohio State are both pursuing Hayden and Nick Singleton, and if Hayden pops for OSU, it probably rules them out for Singleton.

Based on what I've found online, looks like Hayden visits OSU before Singleton does. Probably bodes well for us.

Singleton is the better of the two, IMO.
Wisconsin is out there lurking for Singleton. Might be PSU's main competition

Dallan Hayden given a FutureCast for Ohio State today, and a CB by Wiltfong. It's relevant to us because we and Ohio State are both pursuing Hayden and Nick Singleton, and if Hayden pops for OSU, it probably rules them out for Singleton.

Based on what I've found online, looks like Hayden visits OSU before Singleton does. Probably bodes well for us.

What I'm hearing is that after initially favoring ND, Singleton has PSU as the favorite regardless of what happens in Columbus. Kid's a stud and a must get for Franklin.

Don’t be so sure. Why could O$U take both. The have plenty of $ to spread around.

Reactions: TheGLOV
What I'm hearing is that after initially favoring ND, Singleton has PSU as the favorite regardless of what happens in Columbus. Kid's a stud and a must get for Franklin.
Dohn was on the Lions 247 podcast and indicated similar thoughts. Long way to go and official visits could change things but he thinks PSU is in a good spot right now with Singleton. Staff has done a good job making up ground here.

Any updates on Enai White? I have not found his name listed among the June visitors. It would be sweet to land Dennis-Sutton and him. I won't hold my breath.

Any updates on Enai White? I have not found his name listed among the June visitors. It would be sweet to land Dennis-Sutton and him. I won't hold my breath.
I think PSU stands in good shape with Dennis-Sutton.

White = probably SEC or OSU. May depend on what position he wants to play. Many of his schools -- including PSU -- are selling him on being a DE/OLB combo. Georgia is recruiting him as mostly a LB. OSU is the only one recruiting him strictly as a DE, I believe.

Last edited:
I think PSU stands in good shape with Dennis-Sutton.

White = probably SEC or OSU. May depend on what position he wants to play. Many of his schools -- including PSU -- are selling him on being a DE/OLB combo. Georgia is recruiting him as mostly a LB. OSU is the only one recruiting him strictly as a DE, I believe.

Well that sucks. What are you going to do?

What sucks? Someone on a message board that has no idea on what the kid will end up doing is saying he won't come to PSU?

That's funny!

To clarify, I never said "he won't come to PSU". I said that he is "probably SEC or OSU". "Probably" doesn't convey certainty.

I have no idea where he's going. But seeing as though he's being heavily recruited by Alabama, Georgia, Texas A&M, Florida, and Ohio State, I'd probably bet the field against PSU on this one.

Just the same, OSU folks have said that he's "probably SEC". Same deal. Absent any specific information on where he could be leaning, probably bet the field against any one team. The SEC has recruited stud northeastern D-linemen well lately.

Last edited:
To clarify, I never said "he won't come to PSU". I said that he is "probably SEC or OSU". "Probably" doesn't convey certainty.

I have no idea where he's going. But seeing as though he's being heavily recruited by Alabama, Georgia, Texas A&M, Florida, and Ohio State, I'd probably bet the field against PSU on this one.

Just the same, OSU folks have said that he's "probably SEC". Same deal. Absent any specific information on where he could be leaning, probably bet the field against any one team. The SEC has recruited stud northeastern D-linemen well lately.

Exactly.

And quoting oh-high-ya "folks" that have no clue is funny as well.

:D

You realize this is a recruiting thread right? As in, until they sign and enroll nobody knows where anyone is going. Going to be a pretty dull thread if no one can post thoughts until they know for sure. Just saying. 😄
Some people like having the last word. 3-2-1, waiting for the last word....

Reactions: grinagrin
You realize this is a recruiting thread right? As in, until they sign and enroll nobody knows where anyone is going. Going to be a pretty dull thread if no one can post thoughts until they know for sure. Just saying. 😄
I’ll take it one step further. With the transfer portal, after they enroll nobody knows how long their going to stay

Yep. Just thought that making too much out of here say by fans of other teams, as if a recruit actually said as much, is pretty weak testimony, and in most cases not a reason to fret too much or get too excited. ;)

I wonder how many, if any, silent verbals we have going into the June visit hype period?

I think the coaching staff likes the vibe of excitement coming from visits. Nothing better testifies to excitement than a verbal or three.

Exactly.

And quoting oh-high-ya "folks" that have no clue is funny as well.

:D
Funny how many times I have seen the “he’s not coming here” posts come to fruition. Tell me the last top 25 or better player to completely go against the tea leaves and sign with Penn State. Derrick Williams? We have to fight like hell to keep most players of that caliber even when they are PSU leans.

Reactions: bmw199 and TheGLOV
Funny how many times I have seen the “he’s not coming here” posts come to fruition. Tell me the last top 25 or better player to completely go against the tea leaves and sign with Penn State. Derrick Williams? We have to fight like hell to keep most players of that caliber even when they are PSU leans.

Yep, the odds are always against most teams when going after top 50 or top 100 players. Lots of teams going after a small number of very top rated players. But on the other hand it's not over till it's over.

When Parsons decommitted and named his dog after oh-high-ya it seemed that the "tea leaves" were against PSU, but.........

Theo Johnson's (national #72) recruiting had it's ups and downs within the "media" but he looks pretty good in B&W.....

Did the pessimists here really believe top 100 Noah Cain was coming from Florida?

With so many schools after the top players it's unrealistic to believe PSU will get a disproportionate share, but who really knows which one's may choose to come to PSU in the end. The beginning of official visits will help Franklin in some cases.

Franklin seems to be in position to close on a few more top 2022 prospects, and I'm not counting him out of it on the guys he wants until the ink is dry.

Last edited:
Micah Parsons
Parsons doesn’t count as a long shot commitment. It was us or OSU for months and depending upon who you listen to, we were never a huge underdog. OSU would tell you he was theirs until the alleged recruiting violation. Hackenburg wasn’t a long shot either.

Reactions: bmw199
Parsons doesn’t count as a long shot commitment. It was us or OSU for months and depending upon who you listen to, we were never a huge underdog. OSU would tell you he was theirs until the alleged recruiting violation. Hackenburg wasn’t a long shot either.
Well, when was the last time we gave a top 25 prospect a McDonalds bag full of cash?

He may not count to you, but the topic was top 25 recruits that ended up at PSU because PSU was able to close the deal on them. And both Parsons and Hackenburg are in that category. Nothing to do with being "long shots".

Obviously any top 25 player that ends up at PSU was not a "long shot" once they were open to PSU due to the hard work that the PSU staff put in to develop a relationship with them, got them to games and to campus,....

Last edited:

Those 4 get official visits, and then he will also do some unofficial visits?

Hard to believe he is doing UNofficial visits to Oregon and TAM. Expensive trips....

Edit: When the second tweet loaded I see the officials are to Bama, Oh-high-ya, FL, and GA. He'll be a hard pull once he sees all the "attractions" presented to him at those locations, unless he wants to stay close to home.........

Last edited:
Reactions: 19333lion
Are all the official visits in June?

Edit: I read that they in fact are all in June. Why try to squeeze them all into a few weeks? Is there fear that the dead period will be put back into place?

It's a combo of the recruiting calendar and the pent-up demand. The June return to the normal recruiting calendar is the 1st official visits allowed since the start of the pandemic. Then the calendar closes in July. I don't think officials are allowed again until September, and then you run into the issue of finding a weekend when the prospect is free and the college team has a home game (during the season). A lot of recruits like to resolve things before the start of their senior football season, so hence the crazy number of officials taking place this June.

It's a combo of the recruiting calendar and the pent-up demand. The June return to the normal recruiting calendar is the 1st official visits allowed since the start of the pandemic. Then the calendar closes in July. I don't think officials are allowed again until September, and then you run into the issue of finding a weekend when the prospect is free and the college team has a home game (during the season). A lot of recruits like to resolve things before the start of their senior football season, so hence the crazy number of officials taking place this June.
With how long it's been on hold, they need to extend the time for OV through the summer. I realize coaches need some time off too, but to try to basically jam it into a month coming off a year plus of dead period is insane.

He may not count to you, but the topic was top 25 recruits that ended up at PSU because PSU was able to close the deal on them. And both Parsons and Hackenburg are in that category. Nothing to do with being "long shots".

Obviously any top 25 player that ends up at PSU was not a "long shot" once they were open to PSU due to the hard work that the PSU staff put in to develop a relationship with them, got them to games and to campus,....
I think it's fair to ask were Parsons might have gone had OSU not been off limits.

Reactions: bmw199 and fkkkjm
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT