ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

200.gif

Reactions: TheGLOV
Hale McGranahan (whoever he is) South Carolina Insider with a "1", "low" CB for Gunner Givens to PSU.

This man must be pretty bored to post such a low confidence CB considering South Carolina does not seem to even be in the running for Givens' pledge.....

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiTownLion
Hale McGranahan (whoever he is) South Carolina Insider with a "1", "low" CB for Gunner Givens to PSU.

This man must be pretty bored to post such a low confidence CB considering South Carolina does not seem to be in the running for Givens' pledge.....

Givens was long a Clemson lean, but Clemson seems to have cooled (for whatever reason -- might be a position thing?). My guess is that this guy has some familiarity from that angle.

Regardless, to give any prediction with that level of confidence is worthless......unless there's a quota he needs to fill or something.

This man must be pretty bored to post such a low confidence CB considering South Carolina does not seem to even be in the running for Givens' pledge.....
Givens was long a Clemson lean, but Clemson seems to have cooled (for whatever reason -- might be a position thing?). My guess is that this guy has some familiarity from that angle.

Regardless, to give any prediction with that level of confidence is worthless......unless there's a quota he needs to fill or something.
247 took away the cloudy setting on the crystal ball. If you have a CB in on someone and you know they aren’t going there anymore then you’re only option is to change it to a different school. Confidence level 1 speaks for itself.

As to why he isn’t going to Clemson anymore...did you see the video I posted a few pages back?

Reactions: TheGLOV
247 took away the cloudy setting on the crystal ball. If you have a CB in on someone and you know they aren’t going there anymore then you’re only option is to change it to a different school. Confidence level 1 speaks for itself.

As to why he isn’t going to Clemson anymore...did you see the video I posted a few pages back?
Of him playing DL? That’s why I speculated that it was a position thing. But I have no idea.

As a DL, he probably won’t attract the same elite-level interest.

I saw the video that BMW posted of Givens playing defensive line, and he looked terrible. Are we really recruiting him at dline or are we still trying to recruit him as an offensive lineman which is where he is projected at by the recruiting experts and college teams.

Reactions: bmw199 and TheGLOV
Of him playing DL? That’s why I speculated that it was a position thing. But I have no idea.

As a DL, he probably won’t attract the same elite-level interest.
I know he wasn’t playing tackle or OL in the video but did he look like a player that would translate to even a serviceable offensive lineman to you?

How about juxtaposed to Deone Walker?

I know he wasn’t playing tackle or OL in the video but did he look like a player that would translate to even a serviceable offensive lineman to you?

How about juxtaposed to Deone Walker?

Well yeah, he looked bad in the video. That's why I'm speculating that the position change might be causing the Clemsons of the world to cool on him -- if in fact he wants to play DL.

Though I wouldn't necessarily grade his OL prospects based solely on that video. Clearly the big programs really liked him at some point, and presumably there was a reason for it.

Does anybody know whether Givens is actually insisting on playing DL? Or is that an assumption based on the video?

Well yeah, he looked bad in the video. That's why I'm speculating that the position change might be causing the Clemsons of the world to cool on him -- if in fact he wants to play DL.

Though I wouldn't necessarily grade his OL prospects based solely on that video. Clearly the big programs really liked him at some point, and presumably there was a reason for it.

Does anybody know whether Givens is actually insisting on playing DL? Or is that an assumption based on the video?
He was the 29th rated player in whole country a couple months ago on 24/7

He was the 29th rated player in whole country a couple months ago on 24/7

Yep. So I assume the kid has a ton of talent and potential -- not just because he was rated high, but because all the big boys wanted him.

And clearly something changed. If he suddenly wants to be a DL instead of an OL, that would explain the ratings drop and the drop-off in interest. But I'm just speculating. Would seem like a weird career move for the kid, although he stated even last year that he wants to lose a bit of weight and play DE. Maybe that's his goal now.

He was a High as 19 not 29 on 7/29/2020 looks like at OT. 24/7 composite.
The rankings are projections. Specifically 247s project where the player will be drafted.

Go watch his sophomore film. He played TE then, was 6-5 240ish lbs, ran well, and didn’t get to play his JR season until this month.

He is now 6-5 300lbs with cement shoes. The projection didn’t work out. What position he talks about playing doesn’t matter.

I saw the video that BMW posted of Givens playing defensive line, and he looked terrible. Are we really recruiting him at dline or are we still trying to recruit him as an offensive lineman which is where he is projected at by the recruiting experts and college teams.
Ryan just put in a FC for Maalik McNeil. Friedman and Spiegelman put one in for Jacob Allen.

If I were the staff I’d want to see a lot better work at defense to bring Givens in there. Is he worth the last OL spot in the class if the two above want to end it (not counting any +1s)? Hard to say at this point.

Last edited:
Ryan just put in a FC for Maalik McNeil. Friedman and Spiegelman put one in for Jacob Allen.

If I were the staff I’d want to see a lot better work at defense to bring Givens in there. Is he worth the last OL spot in the class if the two above want to end it (not counting any +1s)? Hard to say at this point.

Three additional FCs for McNeil to PSU. McNeil is a big, big boy. Also not terribly highly recruited -- other offers from Pitt, Syracuse, Rutgers, and BC. Rated ~#1000 in the composite. Will be interesting to see how his stock rises over the summer.

Someone sell me on young Mr. McNeil. Maybe the fact that the staff is offering him should be enough, but his video highlights concern me. Has he been to PSU camps?

ADVERTISEMENT