ADVERTISEMENT

2022 PA States

2021 PIAA state Qualifiers
Wrestlers who transferred, moved, relocated to their school they compete for in HS. This was their Middle School district to their new Highschool district. This is eye opening and just quickly going over the brackets

It’s very interesting there are many wrestlers who switched schools and often times it to the better programs.

Ayden Smith Diedruff to Notre Dame
Brayden Hartrandt to Berk Cath
Guage Botero Souderton to Faith Christian
Brandon Wentzel Jersey Shore to Montoursville
Adam Schweitzer Bangor to Notre Dame
Chance Hontz Springford to Faith Christian
Kaden Milheim Mifflinburg to Warrior Run
Max Stein Central Bucks to Faith Christian
Brandon Cheltos Easton to Notre Dame
Bryson Vaughn Easton to Notre Dame
Cameron Milheim Mifflinburg to Warrior run
Cody Wagner Souderton to Faith Christian
Eren Sement New Jersey to Council Rock South
Cole Campbell Palisades to Bethlehem Catholic
Braxton Appello Fries Easton to Nazareth
Zander Phatorus Arizona to Waynesburg
Joe Simon Louisana to Waynesburg
Kollin Rath Pleasant Valley to Bethlehem Catholic
Pierson Manville Minnesota to State College
Rocco Welsh Beth Center to Waynesburg
Anthony Evanitsky Scranton to Wyoming
Ryan Crookham Saucon Valley to Notre Dame to Saucon Valley
Connor Harer Muncy to Montgomery
Jakob Gilfoil Central Dauphin to Bishop McDevitt
Luke Sipes Altoona to Charter School to Bishop McCort to Altoona
Dylan Granahan Northwest to Benton
Chris Vargo Charleroi to Bentworth
Evan Maag Bethlehem Freedom to Notre Dame
Cael McIntrye Easton to Bethlehem Catholic
Noah Teeter Forest Hills to Mt Plesant to Forest Hills
Easton Mull Somerset to Chestnut Ridge
Shawn Szymanski Plum to Burrell
Cooper Price Wilkes Barre to Wyoming
Micheal Duggan South Middleton to Boiling springs
Keegan Ramsey Plesant Valley to Notre Dame
Andrew Christie Conewago Valley to Bishop McDevitt
Luke Thomas Whitehall to Bethlehem Catholic
Grant MacKay North Allegheny to Laurel
Luke Moore Hyndman to Chestnut ridge
Holden Garcia Philphburg NJ to Notre Dame
Garrett Trettemer Philphburg NJ to Notre Dame
Owen Reinsel Clarion to Brookville
Riley Robell Central Dauphin to Bishop McDevitt
Tucker Paynter Big spring to Trinity
Luke Suglkaski colonel to Faith Christian
Korbin Kasper South Middleton to Bermudian Springs
Jake Van Dee Union City to Erie Prep
Chase Burke Northwestern to Benton
Cade Wirnsberger Lewisburg to Meadowbrook Christian school
Issac Lacinski Freeport to Burrell
Hunter Robison General McLane to Seagerstown
Hunter Forcelini Central Cambria to Forest Hills
Brandon Krul Mars to Quaker Valley
Tyler Kasak Central Bucks to Bethlehem Cath
Andrew Harmon Emmaus to Bethlehem Catholic
Vince Citrano Plum to Burrell
Matt Repos Palmyra to Central Dauphin
Dante Frinzi Quakertown to Bethlehem Catholic
Dustin Flinn Brockway to Forest Hills
Jude Swisher State College to Bellefonte
Nick foster East Stroudsburg to Nazareth
Tahir Parkins East Stroudsburg to Nazareth
Sean Kinney East Stroudsburg to Nazareth
Patrick Cutchember fox chapel to QuakerValley
Aaron Seidel was from Elco, but wrestled elementary many years for Conrad Weiser(alongside Brayden Hartranft). He then wrestled for Elco in 7th grade junior high, then went to NL and redid 7th grade and competed for NL in 8th grade junior high.

Desmond sounds very impressive. Is it RBY type quickness? Stronger than his opponents? High motor?
Definitely a high motor. He is quick, but nobody has RBY type quickness.

I don't think it's strength. He moved up to 113 and split matches with fellow FR Parkins (who was ranked nationally but DNP this weekend, because AAA 113).

He's been very good on the freestyle circuit too.

FULL COURT PRESS !!!!

Is some sort of plan coming together? 🤔🤫🧐

pressure-water-line-100707995-large.jpg

My AA take:
It is so easy not to like the Notre dame coach, he is a clown but honestly must know how to play the game. He jumps around and acts like such a jerk
Back to back winning team title with guys from jersey.

Pitzer is on a different level and PSU could of made him into a monster. We will be average at Pitt.
District 4 wrestled amazing. Harer just wins. Seidel is going to be a monster for many years to come. He owned Gill.

Bradley’s celebration live was funny, but great to watch. Lots of work and emotion coming out

Pepe was great but the buzz was could he have beaten Gibson? Wish we could of seen that. I personally think Pepe would win but it would of been fireworks

Scottie Johnson had a great season. He is often overlooked and always gets it done.

Cheltos gets it done. Not sure why Reinsel didn’t kick forward. If Cheltos was at Easton he would not have placed four years in AAA.

Crookham-Saucon Valley to Notre Dame To Saucon Valley. Then wins his third. Damn I wish we got to watch Crookham vs Harer.

Harer just wins. His dad knows how to train wrestlers and his boys are studs. He had a lot to do with the Johnson boys too

Arrington is on a different level. He is very good. People were saying he is why Haines didn’t wrestle. First off Levi is way bigger but trust me he wasn’t worried about Arrington either. People find any reason to talk smack. Sickening really

Garcia with 9 losses gets it done. MacKay transferred to AA because they said it was easier. Well it’s not that easy, especially with the Green Ponders bring in hammers from NJ. Ask Little Gibson.

Rune is very good and I would of liked to see Levi wrestle here. It would of been hyped up. Haines would of won by MD. But nothing from Rune, he is good. Reminds me of Nickel.

Pitzer needs to forget about Pitt and come to PSU.
Riley Robell was too big and athletic, ending Little Johnson’s magical run. Johnson bumped from Pitzer and ran smack into another buzzsaw.

last little tidbit: this is eye catching.

2021 PIAA state Qualifiers
Wrestlers who transferred, moved, relocated to their school they compete for in HS. This was their Middle School district to their new Highschool district. This is eye opening and just quickly going over the brackets

It’s very interesting there are many wrestlers who switched schools and often times it to the better programs.

Ayden Smith Diedruff to Notre Dame
Brayden Hartrandt to Berk Cath
Guage Botero Souderton to Faith Christian
Brandon Wentzel Jersey Shore to Montoursville
Adam Schweitzer Bangor to Notre Dame
Chance Hontz Springford to Faith Christian
Kaden Milheim Mifflinburg to Warrior Run
Max Stein Central Bucks to Faith Christian
Brandon Cheltos Easton to Notre Dame
Bryson Vaughn Easton to Notre Dame
Cameron Milheim Mifflinburg to Warrior run
Cody Wagner Souderton to Faith Christian
Eren Sement New Jersey to Council Rock South
Cole Campbell Palisades to Bethlehem Catholic
Braxton Appello Fries Easton to Nazareth
Zander Phatorus Arizona to Waynesburg
Joe Simon Louisana to Waynesburg
Kollin Rath Pleasant Valley to Bethlehem Catholic
Pierson Manville Minnesota to State College
Rocco Welsh Beth Center to Waynesburg
Anthony Evanitsky Scranton to Wyoming
Ryan Crookham Saucon Valley to Notre Dame to Saucon Valley
Connor Harer Muncy to Montgomery
Jakob Gilfoil Central Dauphin to Bishop McDevitt
Luke Sipes Altoona to Charter School to Bishop McCort to Altoona
Dylan Granahan Northwest to Benton
Chris Vargo Charleroi to Bentworth
Evan Maag Bethlehem Freedom to Notre Dame
Cael McIntrye Easton to Bethlehem Catholic
Noah Teeter Forest Hills to Mt Plesant to Forest Hills
Easton Mull Somerset to Chestnut Ridge
Shawn Szymanski Plum to Burrell
Cooper Price Wilkes Barre to Wyoming
Micheal Duggan South Middleton to Boiling springs
Keegan Ramsey Plesant Valley to Notre Dame
Andrew Christie Conewago Valley to Bishop McDevitt
Luke Thomas Whitehall to Bethlehem Catholic
Grant MacKay North Allegheny to Laurel
Luke Moore Hyndman to Chestnut ridge
Holden Garcia Philphburg NJ to Notre Dame
Garrett Trettemer Philphburg NJ to Notre Dame
Owen Reinsel Clarion to Brookville
Riley Robell Central Dauphin to Bishop McDevitt
Tucker Paynter Big spring to Trinity
Luke Suglkaski colonel to Faith Christian
Korbin Kasper South Middleton to Bermudian Springs
Jake Van Dee Union City to Erie Prep
Chase Burke Northwestern to Benton
Cade Wirnsberger Lewisburg to Meadowbrook Christian school
Issac Lacinski Freeport to Burrell
Hunter Robison General McLane to Seagerstown
Hunter Forcelini Central Cambria to Forest Hills
Brandon Krul Mars to Quaker Valley
Tyler Kasak Central Bucks to Bethlehem Cath
Andrew Harmon Emmaus to Bethlehem Catholic
Vince Citrano Plum to Burrell
Matt Repos Palmyra to Central Dauphin
Dante Frinzi Quakertown to Bethlehem Catholic
Dustin Flinn Brockway to Forest Hills
Jude Swisher State College to Bellefonte
Nick foster East Stroudsburg to Nazareth
Tahir Parkins East Stroudsburg to Nazareth
Sean Kinney East Stroudsburg to Nazareth
Patrick Cutchember fox chapel to QuakerValley
Damn. My Rovers were on the short end of 4 of those......

Definitely a high motor. He is quick, but nobody has RBY type quickness.
I don't think it's strength. He moved up to 113 and split matches with fellow FR Parkins (who was ranked nationally but DNP this weekend, because AAA 113).

He's been very good on the freestyle circuit too.

FULL COURT PRESS !!!!
He’s super polished on top. His grandfather, Mike Ciasulli, founded Red Hawk wrestling, which produced basically every really good top kid in the Lehigh Valley and western NJ in the 2000s (Hudson Taylor, Kellen Russell, and Mike McMullen were his most successful
pupils in college; Tim Darling, Mike Rogers, and his three sons were majorly successful in HS, amongst others). But all of those kids were great with legs, fabulous sense of balance, and super physical.

The club and that system have been resurrected by Desmond’s uncle, Seth (R12 at Lehigh and a 2x PA silver medalist). Nate is the platonic ideal of the style they teach there. He’s not elite on his feet yet, and will need to get there to be elite at the next level. But he’s super comfortable on the mat, has a million turns, great on bottom. That part of his game is developed way beyond a freshman.

He’s super polished on top. His grandfather, Mike Ciasulli, founded Red Hawk wrestling, which produced basically every really good top kid in the Lehigh Valley and western NJ in the 2000s (Hudson Taylor, Kellen Russell, and Mike McMullen were his most successful
pupils in college; Tim Darling, Mike Rogers, and his three sons were majorly successful in HS, amongst others). But all of those kids were great with legs, fabulous sense of balance, and super physical.

The club and that system have been resurrected by Desmond’s uncle, Seth (R12 at Lehigh and a 2x PA silver medalist). Nate is the platonic ideal of the style they teach there. He’s not elite on his feet yet, and will need to get there to be elite at the next level. But he’s super comfortable on the mat, has a million turns, great on bottom. That part of his game is developed way beyond a freshman.
Just gotta get all of that Lehigh out of his system -- lots of trips to M2 will help.

Actually high school at Cedar Cliff (way back), lived in Lancaster for 6 years Hempfield area and good buddy in Manheim Twp area.
I
Actually high school at Cedar Cliff (way back), lived in Lancaster for 6 years Hempfield area and good buddy in Manheim Twp area.
Warwick 1968. Cousin wrestled at Manheim Central when their 100 match streak was broken. Our heavy weight and Central’s had some epoch battles.

Reactions: royboy
I think what Crookham does at Lehigh will influence some decisions for some young local talent. Santoro has had success in getting Lehigh Valley kids.
I will be surprised if he doesn't end wrestling in reverse looking to generate one or two shots a match from his opponent chasing in to him.
He would have been better served at PSU, Cornell, Ohio State, Iowa, Michigan or NCST.

Reactions: Flying_Tiger
I think what Crookham does at Lehigh will influence some decisions for some young local talent. Santoro has had success in getting Lehigh Valley kids.
Particularly kids from his alma mater. And the next kid Cael gets out of the Lehigh Valley will be his first, which remains the weirdest thing in Pennsylvania recruiting.

Reactions: Callthestall
Particularly kids from his alma mater. And the next kid Cael gets out of the Lehigh Valley will be his first, which remains the weirdest thing in Pennsylvania recruiting.
Other than Sasso not sure I can think of any that I believe we missed out on.

Racciato took an official visit for a football weekend, and supposedly the family stayed at Cael's house. But he got a better offer from Pitt, and likely wouldn't have been a full-time starter at PSU (he never beat Beitz in HS or college).

Pretty sure PSU was interested in Labriola, but we did OK at that weight.

IIRC Condomitti's dad said on here that there was some mutual interest, but not sure how far that got before the Nebraska decision.

We did land a depth HWT -- Alex Nicholas -- I think he placed AA 4th as a SR, not a high-profile recruit. Pretty sure he's the only one Cael has gotten from D11.

Fairly impressed by Sonny Sasso for a guy that really wasn't on anyone's radar despite having a very talented brother. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Strikes me as someone whose best wrestling could be ahead of him...

They’re obviously doing it right, it’s just kind of weird. I think they’ve landed kids from every other major district in the state, and I think they’re have been 9 different kids from
D11 earn AA honors since Cael has been there. And they’re not even in on kids. Again, obviously doing it right. It’s just kind of weird.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT