ADVERTISEMENT

2021 World Championships

So did the Russian 61kg do his part for the rematch of him and Fix from cadets I think. ?

Last edited:
74kg Semi:
Intermission - Dake up 8-0 on TD & some gut wrench turns.

DT semi up in 2 matches.

Dake wins 9-1 & will wrestle for gold.

USA 2 for 2 in semis this morning.

86kg: DT in the hole in one semi; Yazdani vs Russian Naifonov (no surprise) in the other semi.

86kg semi:
DT -vs- an Amish/Borat lookalike (AZE)

Ties & snaps.
Shrug / slide-by for AZE, DT down 0-2, 4:45 left.

4:30... DT gets a leg, pulls it in, but stalemates.

DT ankle, AZE stalemates, 3:55. Still 0-2.

DT steps over, 2-2, exposure 4-2 DT, arm bar / folkstyle half nelson, WIN BY FALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DT INTO THE GOLD MEDAL MATCH !!

86kg semi:
DT -vs- an Amish/Borat lookalike (AZE)

Ties & snaps.
Slide-by for AZE, DT down 0-2, 4:45 left.

4:30... DT gets a leg, pulls it in, but stalemates.

DT ankle, AZE stalemates, 3:55. Still 0-2.

DT steps over, 2-2, exposure 4-2 DT, arm bar / folkstyle half nelson, WIN BY FALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DT INTO THE GOLD MEDAL MATCH !!
For all those folk style haters… That world champ had no idea what a bar arm half was… he does now.

BLR KHRAMIANKOU D. vs. USA GWIAZDOWSKI N. in repechage

Winner gets TUR AKGUL in bronze medal match

Reactions: diggerpup
Fix on full feed looks like a different guy. Can't wait to see a rematch with RBY.

Fix on full feed looks like a different guy. Can't wait to see a rematch with RBY.
He looked just as big, if not bigger to me last year during the college season(especially his boulder shoulders lol), than he does right now. He’s had a great gut for awhile now. Doesn’t do him any good in folk tho.

Great cadet rematch for gold six years in the making lol. Should be a lot of action.

Reactions: NittanyChris
How do we feel about the Yazdani match? Thought he looked good against Naifonov. Should be another barn burner.

He looked just as big, if not bigger to me last year during the college season(especially his boulder shoulders lol), than he does right now. He’s had a great gut for awhile now. Doesn’t do him any good in folk tho.

Great cadet rematch for gold six years in the making lol. Should be a lot of action.
I don't think he looked like he had a ton of energy at NCAAs last year and he had to make 125 scratch two weeks later. He looked flat against Desanto and really had nothing for RBY. That was as one-sided as an OT match gets.

Then he looked flat at the trials too. You bring up freestyle stuff, but he hasn't been hitting guts or leg attacks on anybody good in freestyle for the last 2-3 years at 57 kg either. Now it's all back. I think he's just at the right weight class. He'll always look "big" because he's a little bowling ball, but the energy level/explosiveness eye test is there for me.

How do we feel about the Yazdani match? Thought he looked good against Naifonov. Should be another barn burner.
Yazdani is welcome to get his hopes up. :)

0cb69edce4b980b8f508175dd1cea48f.gif

Fix looks scary good. Sure seems like he has jumped levels in FS the past few months. It will be interesting (and a bit scary) if he's able to translate that into folk this season. If so, he'll be a difficult out for everyone.

js again with the subtle, backhanded jab at a PSU wrestler. If you weren’t paying attention you’d miss the trolling entirely.

js again with the subtle, backhanded jab at a PSU wrestler. If you weren’t paying attention you’d miss the trolling entirely.
must be miserable to live life so paranoid lol. i'm picking rby and hopefully the team title's sewn up for iowa so i can root for him against the doper

Reactions: PSUer1989
I don't think he looked like he had a ton of energy at NCAAs last year and he had to make 125 scratch two weeks later. He looked flat against Desanto and really had nothing for RBY. That was as one-sided as an OT match gets.

Then he looked flat at the trials too. You bring up freestyle stuff, but he hasn't been hitting guts or leg attacks on anybody good in freestyle for the last 2-3 years at 57 kg either. Now it's all back. I think he's just at the right weight class. He'll always look "big" because he's a little bowling ball, but the energy level/explosiveness eye test is there for me.
IF RBY QUITS DANCING AND JUST GOES TD HE WOULD KILL EVERYONE HE CAN SCORE WHEN HE WANTS TO!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT