ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Super Bowl rosters by college teams

Guess who has the most (Hint: it ain’t Bama!)?

Michigan and LSU both have 7. Clemson, Iowa, South Carolina and Penn State all have 4. Alabama has 2 ;)

It would be interesting to do the breakdown by school for the past decade. Is this year an aberration? Do the football factories of Alabama and Ohio St not translate to be good teammates?? How do the top two teams in terms of recruiting classes every year end up with 2 (Alabama) and 0 (Ohio St) in the Superbowl?

If there is correlation over the last decade or so, perhaps NFL teams will start to downgrade future draft picks from these schools because they simply don't translate to getting the team to the top.

Or perhaps it is simply a function of players at Ohio St and Alabama have been over-rated coming out of college because they play with such a large talent advantage. We can see this with Ohio St QBs recently who look all-world with OLs that give them 10 seconds to make a decision and WRs running free all over the place. Then they get to the pros and it's like, hmmm, not so good when they have tight windows and guys in their face.

It would be interesting to do the breakdown by school for the past decade. Is this year an aberration? Do the football factories of Alabama and Ohio St not translate to be good teammates?? How do the top two teams in terms of recruiting classes every year end up with 2 (Alabama) and 0 (Ohio St) in the Superbowl?

If there is correlation over the last decade or so, perhaps NFL teams will start to downgrade future draft picks from these schools because they simply don't translate to getting the team to the top.

Or perhaps it is simply a function of players at Ohio St and Alabama have been over-rated coming out of college because they play with such a large talent advantage. We can see this with Ohio St QBs recently who look all-world with OLs that give them 10 seconds to make a decision and WRs running free all over the place. Then they get to the pros and it's like, hmmm, not so good when they have tight windows and guys in their face.
I would remind you that you are looking at the rosters of 2 teams. Could be that they just happen to have rosters that are light on OSU and Bama players.

You might gain more credibility from your arguments if you quit drawing incorrect conclusions from the data sets being referenced. It has bitten you in the ass a few times to date.

Just a suggestion.

I would remind you that you are looking at the rosters of 2 teams. Could be that they just happen to have rosters that are light on OSU and Bama players.

You might gain more credibility from your arguments if you quit drawing incorrect conclusions from the data sets being referenced. It has bitten you in the ass a few times to date.

Just a suggestion.
Just a suggestion for you as well, reading comprehension is your friend.

I drew no conclusions. I asked questions. I specifically state up front that it would be interesting to see a decade's worth of this data and that one year may be an aberration.

Is there a particular reason why you don't want those questions asked? Why you don't want anyone to look at a decade's worth of data? If so, I can understand your response. But it is clear that you either didn't read what I actually wrote, you have extremely poor reading comprehension, or you would like to shut down the questions I posed for further study.

Or, maybe the top Bama and OSU players who are drafted early go to crappier teams?

Just a suggestion for you as well, reading comprehension is your friend.

I drew no conclusions. I asked questions. I specifically state up front that it would be interesting to see a decade's worth of this data and that one year may be an aberration.

Is there a particular reason why you don't want those questions asked? Why you don't want anyone to look at a decade's worth of data? If so, I can understand your response. But it is clear that you either didn't read what I actually wrote, you have extremely poor reading comprehension, or you would like to shut down the questions I posed for further study.
Your existence here seems to be very focused on getting us to accept your theory that highly talented players should stay away from successful programs because it lowers the chances of them getting to the pros. You've done "analysis" from limited data sets and tried to feed us your totally bogus conclusions as fact. Therefore, your credibility in this argument is nil. Since you are so intent this conclusion is true, you aren't interested in objective answers to your questions.

And there isn't a single question you asked that can be objectively answered with the data set you proposed, there is a great degree of subjectivity involved. Like asking "Does your wife tell people that you beat her?" You are just slinging crap against the wall to see if it sticks.

But please, go forth and do some of your analysis since you are so interested. I'm sure your findings would provide a fair amount of amusement.

Or, maybe the top Bama and OSU players who are drafted early go to crappier teams?
1) I can almost guarantee that the distribution of Bama and Ohio St players over many draft years is fairly evenly dispersed amongst most NFL teams in terms of draft order. Keep in mind that the Superbowl champ's 1st/2nd/3rd...etc. round pick is about as high of a pick as the worst team's 2nd/3rd/4th...etc. round pick. There's 7 rounds in the draft, not 1.

2) I don't know if you were aware but players in the NFL rarely stick with the franchise that drafted them their entire career like the 1950s.

Your existence here seems to be very focused on getting us to accept your theory that highly talented players should stay away from successful programs because it lowers the chances of them getting to the pros. You've done "analysis" from limited data sets and tried to feed us your totally bogus conclusions as fact. Therefore, your credibility in this argument is nil. Since you are so intent this conclusion is true, you aren't interested in objective answers to your questions.

And there isn't a single question you asked that can be objectively answered with the data set you proposed, there is a great degree of subjectivity involved. Like asking "Does your wife tell people that you beat her?" You are just slinging crap against the wall to see if it sticks.

But please, go forth and do some of your analysis since you are so interested. I'm sure your findings would provide a fair amount of amusement.
Attack the messenger as much as you want (we know why people do that in general) and I wasn't the one that brought up that Bama has only two and Ohio St has not a single person on either roster, but clearly it is a very, very bad look.

Alabama and Ohio St have the top 2 recruiting classes pretty much every year approaching a decade now and Ohio St has no one at all at the Superbowl, not one single person, they are just entirely absent? Bama has only 2?

If it was Penn St with zero in the Superbowl you can bet that there would be a thread 3 pages long by now on this site about how poorly we are doing at getting guys to the top of the sport. People would be bashing our coaches and program, but somehow Ohio St is off limits for being rightly criticized that they are no shows for the Superbowl? There would be jokes on this board like what do Utah St., West Alabama, Grand Valley St., App St. Villanova, Old Dominion, Colorado St-Pueblo, Western Ill, Missouri-Rolla, Middle Tennesse, Tulane, Central Mich, Eastern Mich, Bowling Green, Laval (Canada), Harvard, Southern Arkansas, Troy, Wagner, and North Carolina Central have in common? ANS: They all have more players in the Superbowl than Ohio St. But on our Penn St board, God forbid someone mention that Ohio St has no one at the Superbowl.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

This post gets an F-.

Reactions: Erial_Lion

Another stellar post by our captain

Posters who post 1 line personal attacks are certainly willing to attack the logic of

1) Ohio St with 0 and Bama with only 2 on Superbowl rosters despite having the most recruited talent this past decade is a very bad look.

2) If Penn St had 0 instead of tied for 3rd most with 4 on Superbowl rosters then this thread would have blown up with criticism of how we aren't getting it done with various ways of attacking PSU.

3) Ohio St and Bama's are not only drafted by poor NFL teams. There are 7 rounds in the NFL draft and in fact, the Superbowl winner picks at the end of each round are actually followed by the worst teams' picks of the next round. And players do not in fact stay with the team that drafted them their whole career.

Posters who post 1 line personal attacks are certainly willing to attack the logic of

1) Ohio St with 0 and Bama with only 2 on Superbowl rosters despite having the most recruited talent this past decade is a very bad look.

2) If Penn St had 0 instead of tied for 3rd most with 4 on Superbowl rosters then this thread would have blown up with criticism of how we aren't getting it done with various ways of attacking PSU.

3) Ohio St and Bama's are not only drafted by poor NFL teams. There are 7 rounds in the NFL draft and in fact, the Superbowl winner picks at the end of each round are actually followed by the worst teams' picks of the next round. And players do not in fact stay with the team that drafted them their whole career.
What logic?

Alabama had 23 active players in the playoffs and Ohio State 15. I think they are performing just fine

Reactions: crm114psu

Your premise is that the top high school players shouldn't go to Ohio State because they have no players in this years Super Bowl. Where is the logic?

Reactions: Art and crm114psu
Your premise is that the top high school players shouldn't go to Ohio State because they have no players in this years Super Bowl. Where is the logic?
I never said that. Don't ascribe words to me that I didn't say. I said that it is a very bad look that after a decade or so of #1 or #2 recruiting classes that they have zero in the Superbowl. And it isn't like I'm creating memes of all of the Ohio St players at the Superbowl with Bernie. I merely echoed another's observation that Ohio St has no one at the Superbowl and it's probably pretty embarrassing.

I never said that. Don't ascribe words to me that I didn't say. I said that it is a very bad look that after a decade or so of #1 or #2 recruiting classes that they have zero in the Superbowl. And it isn't like I'm creating memes of all of the Ohio St players at the Superbowl with Bernie. I merely echoed another's observation that Ohio St has no one at the Superbowl and it's probably pretty embarrassing.
Illogical conclusions should be embarrassing.

I am convinced you have stumbled upon something earth-shattering. To make it to the Superbowl all a team has to do is to ensure there are no OSU players on their roster. NFL teams will no doubt immediately purge all OSU players to lock in their Superbowl berths.

That sounds pretty stupid, no?

You use the demographics of 2 NFL rosters to form similar idiotic conclusions, just to continue your crusade against successful college programs, particularly Ohio State. We get it, you don't like OSU. But please don't insult our intelligence by using terms with which you aren't familiar, like "logic".

A bad look? To whom other than yourself is that a bad look? And how is that embarrassing? I would ask if you had any awareness of the laws of probability and statistics but we already know the answer to that.

What is a bad look and should be embarrassing to you is that you've selected this particular hill to die upon.

I am convinced you have stumbled upon something earth-shattering. To make it to the Superbowl all a team has to do is to ensure there are no OSU players on their roster. NFL teams will no doubt immediately purge all OSU players to lock in their Superbowl berths.

That sounds pretty stupid, no?

You use the demographics of 2 NFL rosters to form similar idiotic conclusions, just to continue your crusade against successful college programs, particularly Ohio State. We get it, you don't like OSU. But please don't insult our intelligence by using terms with which you aren't familiar, like "logic".

A bad look? To whom other than yourself is that a bad look? And how is that embarrassing? I would ask if you had any awareness of the laws of probability and statistics but we already know the answer to that.

What is a bad look and should be embarrassing to you is that you've selected this particular hill to die upon.
I'll tell you what sounds pretty stupid. Not actually reading my posts and then claiming that I have said or made conclusions that I have not. For like the 3rd or 4rth time here I claimed only that

Ohio St has 0 participants in the Superbowl (I was not the first to note this in the thread).

Alabama has 2 participants in the Superbowl (I was not the first to note this in the thread).

Many other schools have more participants in the Superbowl. Some of those schools I had actually never even heard of before including some school from Canada.

Ohio St and Alabama have had more talent through their programs via recruiting than any other schools over the past decade. It would stand to reason that they should have more players on the Superbowl roster.

This is probably embarrassing especially to Ohio St who has no one at the Superbowl. I called it a bad look and it is. We are seeing graphics of PSU's 4 Superbowl bound players and Michigan could advertise 7 players on the rosters, but Ohio St's graphic would be empty.

If PSU had 0 players at the Superbowl as Ohio St does, we would almost certainly have a ton of criticism on this thread from posters for not getting it done. As it is, a bunch of either Ohio St fans or apologists are hyperventilating over any criticism at all for Ohio St having no one on a Superbowl roster.

Instead, you and the other apologists attack me for pointing out the above which is all true. Why don't you calculate the probability that Ohio St has not one single player on the roster of the 2 best teams in the NFL? If you think Ohio St is being unfairly represented because they have absolutely no one at the Superbowl then detail how they have been over-represented over the last decade. I merely have said that it would be interesting to look at that information because clearly Ohio St is not represented at all this year. Asking questions is not making conclusions. It appears you and a few others don't want any questions asked. Why? I don't know. They are just questions. Does it make sense to you that Ohio St has absolutely no one on either of the 2 best teams? I would think that is strange given the number of elite recruits that have come through their doors the last decade.

I'll tell you what sounds pretty stupid. Not actually reading my posts and then claiming that I have said or made conclusions that I have not. For like the 3rd or 4rth time here I claimed only that

Ohio St has 0 participants in the Superbowl (I was not the first to note this in the thread).

Alabama has 2 participants in the Superbowl (I was not the first to note this in the thread).

Many other schools have more participants in the Superbowl. Some of those schools I had actually never even heard of before including some school from Canada.

Ohio St and Alabama have had more talent through their programs via recruiting than any other schools over the past decade. It would stand to reason that they should have more players on the Superbowl roster.

This is probably embarrassing especially to Ohio St who has no one at the Superbowl. I called it a bad look and it is. We are seeing graphics of PSU's 4 Superbowl bound players and Michigan could advertise 7 players on the rosters, but Ohio St's graphic would be empty.

If PSU had 0 players at the Superbowl as Ohio St does, we would almost certainly have a ton of criticism on this thread from posters for not getting it done. As it is, a bunch of either Ohio St fans or apologists are hyperventilating over any criticism at all for Ohio St having no one on a Superbowl roster.

Instead, you and the other apologists attack me for pointing out the above which is all true. Why don't you calculate the probability that Ohio St has not one single player on the roster of the 2 best teams in the NFL? If you think Ohio St is being unfairly represented because they have absolutely no one at the Superbowl then detail how they have been over-represented over the last decade. I merely have said that it would be interesting to look at that information because clearly Ohio St is not represented at all this year. Asking questions is not making conclusions. It appears you and a few others don't want any questions asked. Why? I don't know. They are just questions. Does it make sense to you that Ohio St has absolutely no one on either of the 2 best teams? I would think that is strange given the number of elite recruits that have come through their doors the last decade.
What exactly are you trying to say?

Some of your questions have been answered yet you are not willing to accept those answers. They must not be the truth you are seeking.

Some of your questions have been answered yet you are not willing to accept those answers. They must not be the truth you are seeking.
None of the questions were answered. All that we know is that Ohio St is a no show at this year's Superbowl. List their roster appearances in the Superbowl over the last decade and we can analyze further. Is it an aberration or are schools that bring in significantly less talent than Ohio St each year also being represented at the Superbowl more than Ohio St in many years? We know that the score is Michigan 7 - Ohio St 0 in the current year. I would think any Ohio St fan would be completely embarrassed by that.

None of the questions were answered. All that we know is that Ohio St is a no show at this year's Superbowl. List their roster appearances in the Superbowl over the last decade and we can analyze further. Is it an aberration or are schools that bring in significantly less talent than Ohio St each year also being represented at the Superbowl more than Ohio St in many years? We know that the score is Michigan 7 - Ohio St 0 in the current year. I would think any Ohio St fan would be completely embarrassed by that.
Stating the obvious here. I think it may be that higher draft picks go to losing teams. The hope is that they will turn that team around. Later in the round and later round(s) draft picks go to better teams.

Finally, someone that thinks like I do. Michigan 7 - OSU 0, I keep trying to tell people that Jim and the Blue Machine is the POWER in the B!G and this absolutely proves it. GO Jim, Go Blue - stomp those overrated Buckeyes (and Alabama)

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Go to Troy instead of OSU and you have an infinitely higher probability to be in the Superbowl. Sounds logical.
Hyperbole much? Look, I don't know why it is so horrible to say that Ohio St has zero players on the two best NFL teams. One would think that with a top 2 recruiting average over the last decade that it wouldn't be the case. But it is true as much as you may wish to attack someone for saying it on a message board. It's kind of what happens on message boards. People see something that appears interesting like Ohio St being totally shut out of the Superbowl while Michigan is dominating it. Oh well. It's true. No reason to get your panties in a bunch over it.

Hyperbole much? Look, I don't know why it is so horrible to say that Ohio St has zero players on the two best NFL teams. One would think that with a top 2 recruiting average over the last decade that it wouldn't be the case. But it is true as much as you may wish to attack someone for saying it on a message board. It's kind of what happens on message boards. People see something that appears interesting like Ohio St being totally shut out of the Superbowl while Michigan is dominating it. Oh well. It's true. No reason to get your panties in a bunch over it.
I really don't care how many players from any school make up the two rosters as it is of little significance. You are the one that seeks to attach trends to it. You should consider compiling the data from the last decade or two since you are so interested. Then instead of repeating the same questions you could have your answers with the numbers to back them up. You know, like you did with that other in-depth analysis with the stars vs draft thingy.

Reactions: bison13
I really don't care how many players from any school make up the two rosters as it is of little significance. You are the one that seeks to attach trends to it. You should consider compiling the data from the last decade or two since you are so interested. Then instead of repeating the same questions you could have your answers with the numbers to back them up. You know, like you did with that other in-depth analysis with the stars vs draft thingy.
Hey, quit picking on my buddy JustinTyme ! We think alike ! Go Blue, Go Jim. 7 players in the Super Bowl - that's dominance

Hey, quit picking on my buddy JustinTyme ! We think alike ! Go Blue, Go Jim. 7 players in the Super Bowl - that's dominance
Sorry about that Mr. Wolve, was unaware of the bromance. My apologies. You two make a lovely couple.

It appears that a mention of Ohio St having not one single player in the Superbowl has drawn out all of the Ohio St supporters, even those known to be posing as Michigan posters on a Penn State board. Is there any fanbase that is more insecure than Ohio St?

Good point, it's always the same group of posters who show up anytime that there is a criticism of Ohio St.
Agree ! Those OSU homers need to stay on their own boards. I'm just glad we have posters like yourself that are on top of things to show that Jim and the Big Blue Machine have seven players in the Super Bowl. Good Lord - SEVEN. Thanks for your very valuable input.

Agree ! Those OSU homers need to stay on their own boards. I'm just glad we have posters like yourself that are on top of things to show that Jim and the Big Blue Machine have seven players in the Super Bowl. Good Lord - SEVEN. Thanks for your very valuable input.
You crack me up. Guessin you are michnitlion/the count.

ADVERTISEMENT