ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

Take a refresher and check out his record after the last national title. I too sat in the seats from 84-02. Lots of revisionist history on this thread.
One and maybe two of those schools in a given year. You just gave a decades worth of opponents.
Well, you must have been asleep. Look at the actual schedules of the years you described as “ garbage.”

Reactions: PearlandLion
Your previous post was blown to smithereens because it was horribly inaccurate. Nice attempt here at moving the goalposts, but your bias already has been exposed.

Subtracting those two guys from this list, yes it would be 83.
Possibly down to 82 soon?

(Editor's note: At present, Oweh's status with the program has not changed as he remains listed on Penn State's official roster - unlike Micah Parsons and Brandon Taylor - even though he has made social media posts of himself working out recently with Parsons in California.)

(Editor's note: At present, Oweh's status with the program has not changed as he remains listed on Penn State's official roster - unlike Micah Parsons and Brandon Taylor - even though he has made social media posts of himself working out recently with Parsons in California.)

Has he been practicing with the team? I would assume that would give us the answer.

Reactions: NedFromYork

I would never blame a kid for going pro as early as he can. That kind of money is hard to pass up, and I have no idea what kind of circumstances his family faces. A kid with his physical tools will get paid eventually.

But damn......25 total tackles and 7 sacks total in two seasons. If this is it for Oweh, then that's about as thin a stat sheet as you'll find for a kid going pro this early.

Either way, I figured he'd be among those kids who jumped as soon as he was able given his freak athleticism. Still needs a lot of work before he's going to be a factor at the next level.

Reactions: grinagrin
If Oweh leaves, I would assume Walker, Brown, Pat F are to follow.

Based on twitter rumors, Pat F may have tested positive for covid - that could put the nail in the coffin for his PSU career. If true of course.

Reactions: bmw199
It’s over.

😏

2021 OL class over with Tengwall and Bruce? Not a chance.

It would be very surprising if the 2021 OL class would be complete even if Pounds is added. OL and DE are the likely positions being targeted between now and signing day(s), regardless of where Rucci goes.

2021 OL class over with Tengwall and Bruce? Not a chance.

It would be very surprising if the 2021 OL class would be complete even if Pounds is added. OL and DE are the likely positions being targeted between now and signing day(s), regardless of where Rucci goes.
Good catch. Was only referring to Rucci

Reactions: TheGLOV
I hate to say it but I think Wisconsin’s history of putting linemen in the NFL was the deciding factor in Rucci’s recruitment. Academics are similar, and he has family relationships with both schools. Big loss but not the end of the world.

I hate to say it but I think Wisconsin’s history of putting linemen in the NFL was the deciding factor in Rucci’s recruitment.

I mean, it doesn’t hurt. He wouldn’t have gone to Oregon State if his brother were there, for example. But his brother was almost certainly the single biggest driver.

Reactions: Shadow99
I hate to say it but I think Wisconsin’s history of putting linemen in the NFL was the deciding factor in Rucci’s recruitment. Academics are similar, and he has family relationships with both schools. Big loss but not the end of the world.
I posted this in another thread. I think it says something about our recruiting but more importantly developing talent.

I posted this in another thread. I think it says something about our recruiting but more importantly developing talent.

Those numbers are fine, but if I'm a recruit looking at pathways to the NFL, I'm looking for, at my position, first round draft picks, stars (all-pro, Pro Bowl), and multi-year starters.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
I thought every football team wants to play for a National championship every year, so the posters on here don’t really care about this? Than why even play time to fold the tent up and go home

Very surprised over what happened with Rucci in the last week. Insiders, not official ones, that have proven to be right before were saying PSU even 2 weeks ago. Really a monumental fail of a class.

Based on twitter activity it might be worth watching JUCO Jeremiah Crawford (followed by Traut) and Pitt commit Brandon Honorable (followed by Holwe), but with 2020/2021 being a super class, 5th years getting a 6th year, and 2022 having all the momentum, we might see the rare scholarship stash.

I thought every football team wants to play for a National championship every year, so the posters on here don’t really care about this? Than why even play time to fold the tent up and go home
Every team plays to succeed to the best of their ability. They like to play. That's why every team keeps playing their seasons even after a loss. You a quitter?

Reactions: PearlSUJam
I'd have to say it's more because of the coaching turnover this year than it is with no sell on campus but they do go hand in hand. Somehow I hit the center button and this post is weird. 😆​
It's both of those things, but Penn State's entire recruiting pitch under Franklin has been predicated on getting kids on campus to visit and be around the staff and atmosphere in person. In the pre-covid era, that's a strategic choice that has worked out pretty well. But during these circumstances, where recruits aren't allowed to do the thing that your recruiting pitch is predicated on them doing, it takes a unique toll that other schools - who don't have the same focus - aren't suffering as badly from.

Obviously there's no way that the staff could have predicted the current circumstances. They've adjusted the pitch accordingly - we're seeing that with 2022 - but 2021 has been in the no man's land since March.

Of course everyone would like to play for the National title every year. However, you would have to shitte can your morals, principles, and sell your soul to be like those teams. I will settle for every 2-4 years and keep my soul thank you.

Reactions: GregInPitt
ADVERTISEMENT