ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

“I’ve known the staff ever since they came on there and it’s fun to see Penn State back at the level they’re competing at nowadays,” said Todd Rucci. “I caught some of the press conference last night and I think James handled it well. I remember some of the tough years the team had. That was the case not too long ago, right when Franklin arrived, so the fact that they’re back in the conversation when it comes to just competing for national championships, competing for big bowl games, it’s still a positive sign.

“At the end of the day, there are a whole bunch of programs that want to be in that position and are having these same conversations. It’ll come. They’re right there. They’re at the table.”

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2018/10/penn_state_hosts_over_175_recr.html

061_rec_plpsu_159.jpeg

19 / 74
JOE HERMITT

Penn State 5* recruit Jack Sawyer visits for the Whiteout against Ohio State on Sept. 29, 2018.

“The environment was crazy!” Pickerington (Ohio) North defensive end Jack Sawyer said. He is the No. 3 recruit in the country in the Top247 2021 Player Rankings. “Loudest game I’ve ever been to. What stands out to me is how they are all such a tight unit and family and the fan base is the same way.”

491_rec_plpsu_96.jpeg

73 / 74
JOE HERMITT

Penn State recruit Chris Shelton and Jack Sawyer visit for the Whiteout against Ohio State on Sept. 29, 2018.

Last edited:
Maybe one of you sleuths can find out if JF offered a class of 21 kid from Damascus HS today. I know he was in the area and said hi to Bresee, but saw him with a couple of teh younger kids too.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I'm not going to link Sanders' son's video highlights (because there are several). He has a pretty good arm and is very accurate. I was disappointed that there weren't many segments of him running the ball, although he looks very athletic.

Today should be interesting. C Williams Gonzaga v good counsel. Two powerhouses.

A name to remember: Donte Thornton. MSJ wide receiver. The only sophomore on the Baltimore Sun All-Metro team. Has 13 offers already and thinking PSU.

Reactions: bmw199
Ohio State offered McCord today. His comments from earlier in the year....

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2018/09/standout_2021_qb_kyle_mccord_w.html

....when Penn State offered McCord back in June, he told PennLive the Nittany Lions "definitely moved to the top of the list today, and will stay there."

Actually, after Friday's win, the thing in the front of his mind Saturday, was meeting up with Harrison Jr. at Beaver Stadium for Saturday's big game.

"I've been to the spring game," he said. "I'm just excited to get to a Whiteout game. I've never been to one. I'm really excited to see the environment, and how crazy it'll be.

"Seeing Penn State compete against one of the best teams in the nation will be a really cool experience, and hopefully one day I'll be a part of it."

ADVERTISEMENT