ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Phillies Thread

The fat panda should never see another pitch. Joe holds up four fingers with one hand and points to first base with the other. That's the strategy.

Reactions: psuno1
What a psychological killer Neris has become for the team. Here they are gutting out wins...get on a roll. Velasquez pitches a good game. Mid relievers do their job....and Neris brings all that effort down in the blink of an eye. Losses like that make wins the next day that much tougher.
Neris is not a closer. The Lefty Alvarado should be closing games for the Phillies.

What a psychological killer Neris has become for the team. Here they are gutting out wins...get on a roll. Velasquez pitches a good game. Mid relievers do their job....and Neris brings all that effort down in the blink of an eye. Losses like that make wins the next day that much tougher.
One strike away from winning 3-1, total choke job from Neris.

This is Realmuto’s Neris face

giphy.gif
I Don't blame him

Last edited:
The only highlight of the night was Freeman's wife and sister.

And I wish I could x3 like any post that says Neris is a killer. He has never been not consistenly horrifying even when he does his job. I wish he would stop pitching.

The guy was 7 for 9 coming back from the injury list and gets pulled as part of a double switch for Scott Kingery. SMFH.
They’re trying to save Kingery’s career to show that the previous 2 GMs got at least 1 draft selection right. To repeat: do NOT allow any Ivy Leaguers (Klentak) into your baseball organization. They rollout their fancy analytics when drafting and developing players and you get a starting 8 with 2 home grown (Hoskins and Bohm) players who might be average if you’re lucky.

Phils vs. Nationals. Herrera with a HR in the top of the 9th to tie it up, 2-2. Then in the top of the 10th, the Phils scored 3 runs to make it 5-2. Can their bullpen get thru the bottom of the 10th?

Neris goes 1-2-3 in the bottom of the 10th (the runner that started on 2nd only got to 3rd), and the Phils win 5-2.

Reactions: whart

Herrera knocks key HR in win: 'He's a Phillie'​

He knew he did something great the moment he hit a 0-1 hanging slider from Nationals left-hander Brad Hand with one out in the ninth inning Wednesday night at Nationals Park. It is not easy to hit Hand. He had not allowed a homer since September 2019. He had not allowed a homer against a left-handed hitter since September 2018.
But Herrera hit a game-tying solo home run to center field against Hand to propel the Phillies to a 5-2 victory in 10 innings.

The Phillies won their first road series (minimum three games) since Sept. 17-19, 2019, against Atlanta. They can sweep their first road series since April 13-15, 2018, against Tampa Bay with a victory on Thursday.
“I feel really good, really excited because I put the team in a good way to win the game,” Herrera said...

“He’s been good,” Phillies right fielder Bryce Harper said. “He’s been playing the game hard, playing it right. He’s one of us. He’s a Phillie. He comes in here every single day and prepares to play hard. I think you’re seeing him get more comfortable with us -- get more comfortable with the team and in the batter’s box, as well. It’s a tough game to take time off, not being able to play, and then come back and get thrown into the fire. I think he’s getting more and more comfortable every day as you can tell by his at-bats....

He’s still a clownshow. Immense talent followed up by boneheadedness.
For the home run he offset it by a stupid head first slide into first where he easily can get hurt (and it’s slower) and a premature bat flip on a routine fly ball.

He’s still a clownshow. Immense talent followed up by boneheadedness.
For the home run he offset it by a stupid head first slide into first where he easily can get hurt (and it’s slower) and a premature bat flip on a routine fly ball.
Don't forget the clusterf$%# fly ball that he should have caught where he wound up colliding with Harper. But I think he's the best option in CF right now. In a lot of ways, MLB has become the NBA where posturing, taunting, and showboating are as important as winning the game.

Did anybody catch the stat McCarthy threw out last night about games in which the Phillies had leads? At 20-17 they've had the lead in 32 of the 37 games. Unknown how many wins were comebacks, but to be 3 over .500 at this stage, (which is OK on its own I guess) and knowing they surrendered the lead that many times it gives one pause.

On the other hand, maybe they're just lucky to be 3 over.

Phillies just released additional tickets for upcoming games. As of now, lots available for the Red Sox series next week.

To be honest, I was expecting Neris to blow the four run lead. When he hit the leadoff man, I thought "Here we go." Happy to be wrong but his inconsistency is maddening.

Reactions: lockhavenlion3
Vince's ERA is 3.68. If he can maintain something close to that for the rest of the season, he'll be fine and so will the staff.

Well, that was an atrocious game last night. Playing in a minor league park, they played like a bunch of guys in A ball. I do think the lighting is bad. It seems like our guys had trouble picking up the ball on offense and defense.

Long road trips ends today. Time to get back home, take a day off and start putting together some W's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT