ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Phillies Thread

Well at least Hector will not be available this evening.

Also: the video evidence was indisputable. It was not a Homerun

One pitcher, Nola, who is a #3 on a quality pitching staff? Corner infielders who are defensive liabilities and will turn out to be average players at best?
Those GMs have produced no outfielders, no catching, no pitching, and less than average infielders.

The moral of the story is keep Ivy League people as far away from your baseball organization as humanly possible. 🤨
Agree with most of your points, but Nola IMO is definitely a #1 starter and one of the better ones.

Just tonight, he pitched out of trouble in the 6th that few on the current staff could have/would have done.

Reactions: psrurock
And now a home run to below the Mendoza line Jackie Bradley - jeeze louise

Coonrod is probably the best out there right now. One bad outing that I remember in the past month. The others are a grenade with the pin pulled. Not delighted when he was subbed for Brogdon last night but it worked out tonight, big picture-wise. Guess it'll be Hector again tomorrow. Or who knows.

Guys used to hang two or three inning saves on teams all the time. Now Coonrod struck out the side last night on 11 pitches and came out. I'm sure he was exhausted.

But nice effort tonight and back to level.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
The Phils win 5-4. They had four hits with three of those coming in the first inning when they scored all five runs. One hit over the last eight innings and they still managed to win. I can't believe I'm writing this but good job by the bullpen.

Reactions: Shadow99 and Nitwit
Great 4 game sweep against a brewers team which was 17-11 before playing us. Phillies didn’t hit much, but somehow scored runs critical times.

Reactions: WaylonJ
Well, just like I said, Cutch is over the hill, the bullpen is terrible, the starters are erratic, the outfielders can't hit, and Bohm makes too many mistakes at 3rd. Then we sweep a team with one of the best records in the NL. Please disregard all future posts of mine. I'm afraid I've got another case of terminal 1964itis.

Playoff porch!

Great sweep of a good contender. No gripe today. Wheeler has been on.

I like that Giradi lets them finish.
What efficient work by Wheeler -- 118 pitches total, 80 of which were strikes. 3 hits given up and no walks.

Both Nola and Wheeler have very good strikeout/walks numbers. Drives me nuts when some of the guys out of the bullpen come in and walk one or two batters right away.

Reactions: Shadow99
Someone needs to beat the crap out of the a-hole screaming every time Velasquez starts to throw an pitch. Bad enough with that stupid tomahawk chop crap.

VV doing well through 2 innings, as the Phils lead 3-0. He's thrown 41 pitches, so it doesn't appear he'll be going 9 innings. Hopefully, he can keep this going through 5 or 6.

Neris implodes again, he will never be a top closer. Had this in the bag

Neris sucks. He gets 2 out in the bottom of the 9th (Phils leading 3-1), mostly with his splitter. Then he walks a man, and then Sandavol hits a pinch-hit HR to tie it up. Neris really missed his location on the fastball to Sandavol.

This is Realmuto’s Neris face

giphy.gif

I'd take Wayne Gomes at this point. The bullpen is so bad, so horrible if you were up 20-0 I wouldn't count it.

Tonight was unreal. The team, I reiterate, is shit. Never so pissed off. I know, nobody cares how angry you or I get.

This team is trashola. Tonight tells you all you need to know.

On a given night you better get 18 or 20 runs as a Phila fan. This bullpen is so irretrievably dogshit I don't even know what it could possibly look like from here. The starters can't go 14 inn every night.

On a given night you better get 18 or 20 runs as a Phila fan. This bullpen is so irretrievably dogshit I don't even know what it could possibly look like from here. The starters can't go 14 inn every night.
Better start by getting rid of Neris. This is at least the 3rd year he’s blowing saves left and right as the closer. NOTE TO THE FRONT OFFICE AND MANAGER: NERIS IS NOT A CLOSER!!!!!

What a psychological killer Neris has become for the team. Here they are gutting out wins...get on a roll. Velasquez pitches a good game. Mid relievers do their job....and Neris brings all that effort down in the blink of an eye. Losses like that make wins the next day that much tougher.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT