ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NFL Draft

Texas Lion

Aug 10, 2018
I looked and didn't see a specific thread dedicated to next weeks NFL Draft. If there is one feel free to delete.

1. recent news says Fields dealing with epilepsy. If this is true could he fall to Pittsburgh? If he does fall to Pittsburgh do they take him? You don't sign Ben for one more year to not give him help for the last run.

2. Parsons, oh Parsons....where does he land? I'm going to bet that our old friend Chaos has a hand in snagging him at 11. The next LT!

3. The following nits hear their name called: Parsons, Oweh, PF, Shaka, and Menet. All others are Free Agent Signings or camp invites.

Reactions: bison13 and royboy
Is there a draft coming up? Has there been any news about it on the sports channels?

Just kidding. The draft has got to be the most covered event in sports in terms of build-up to the actual event. The concept of hype for Mock Draft version #1, followed by Mock Draft #2, 3, 4, etc. is just waaay over-done.

But no dis-respect to @Texas Lion here; I'll watch with interest to see where the Penn State guys go, and whether the Steelers can get some help (necessary in many areas). I'd be surprised to see Fields fall that far in the 1st round.

Micah Parsons should be a top-10 guy, and would be a big bargain to someone if he is available later than that.

Reactions: bison13
1. recent news says Fields dealing with epilepsy. If this is true could he fall to Pittsburgh? If he does fall to Pittsburgh do they take him? You don't sign Ben for one more year to not give him help for the last run.
Why would they do that, they already have Haskins. 😏

Reactions: BOSCO2 and sluggo72
Why would they do that, they already have Haskins. 😏
I was watching "Get-UP" on ESPN yesterday. They had 2 guys...Greenberg and someone else, Tanenbaum?, had the Steelers taking Davis Mills from Stanford. Why? Who the hell knows!

I was watching "Get-UP" on ESPN yesterday. They had 2 guys...Greenberg and someone else, Tanenbaum?, had the Steelers taking Davis Mills from Stanford. Why? Who the hell knows!
If the Steelers take Davis Mills in the 1st round then Ben needs to walk in, turn in his jersey, and go live his life.

It makes no sense to restructure Ben if you are not trying to win this year and taking a QB in round 1 is idiotic.

I saw a good Mock that I could live with online:

Harris, RB, Alabama
Freiermuth, TE PSU
Myers, C, Ohio State
Forsythe, T, Florida
Best OLB/DE Available
Best Corner Available
Best WR Available
Best Player Left

I enjoy the coverage, as in the spring every team is going to win the Super Bowl next year. The only thing I hate is how the talking heads hype up certain players and positions, just so they can talk about how those players drop on draft day. It’s all about the headlines.

I enjoy the coverage, as in the spring every team is going to win the Super Bowl next year. The only thing I hate is how the talking heads hype up certain players and positions, just so they can talk about how those players drop on draft day. It’s all about the headlines.
New to how the media works?

Fields won't fall all the way to the Steelers, no chance.
I’m thinking more and more that the Eagles may swoop under the radar and draft Fields at 12 if he’s there. I don’t necessarily agree with that move, but it fits the way they’ve drafted under Lurie.

I’m thinking more and more that the Eagles may swoop under the radar and draft Fields at 12 if he’s there. I don’t necessarily agree with that move, but it fits the way they’ve drafted under Lurie.
more likely this guy...

ALARIC JACKSON, OT, IOWA​

Known most by draftniks as “that other Iowa tackle” after Tristan Wirfs stole the show a season ago, Jackson is an underrated commodity that will surely gain more steam as the draft process develops.

Born in Windsor, Ontario, Jackson moved to Detroit extremely early on in his life, which makes his situation a bit different than a player like Hubbard. Still, he can be considered a Canadian and we’ll gladly claim him as one of our own.

Displaying immense strength and size from the left tackle position, Jackson is a brute mauler with the length and physical gifts to be a legitimate next-level contributor. His overall technique is rough and he can get grabby in pass pro, but a starting future as a power guard or road-grading right tackle certainly isn’t out of the question.

With the way offensive linemen are shooting up boards in today’s day and age, Jackson could contend for a top-50 selection if he cleans up certain tendencies in 2020.

more likely this guy...

ALARIC JACKSON, OT, IOWA​

Known most by draftniks as “that other Iowa tackle” after Tristan Wirfs stole the show a season ago, Jackson is an underrated commodity that will surely gain more steam as the draft process develops.

Born in Windsor, Ontario, Jackson moved to Detroit extremely early on in his life, which makes his situation a bit different than a player like Hubbard. Still, he can be considered a Canadian and we’ll gladly claim him as one of our own.

Displaying immense strength and size from the left tackle position, Jackson is a brute mauler with the length and physical gifts to be a legitimate next-level contributor. His overall technique is rough and he can get grabby in pass pro, but a starting future as a power guard or road-grading right tackle certainly isn’t out of the question.

With the way offensive linemen are shooting up boards in today’s day and age, Jackson could contend for a top-50 selection if he cleans up certain tendencies in 2020.
In the second or third round maybe. There will be better OT prospects available at 12 and even if they trade down again.

In the second or third round maybe. There will be better OT prospects available at 12 and even if they trade down again.
Hey we’re talking Howie here!! Your analysis might be correct, but you aren’t running the draft, Howie is!!

Parsons should be a star in the league....perfect combination of speed, strength...pass rush ability, ball skills.

Friermuth looks like he could be a 10 year player in the NFL....barring any injuries. Interesting to see the career that Oweh, Toney have......not convinced either is a starter first couple of years in the league.

I do think that Menet will get drafted.....5th or 6th round, and will be a player for a number of years.

Would like to see my Steelers draft Alabama RB at one, best center at 2 and best run blocking T at 3.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
ADVERTISEMENT