ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NCAAs Session 4 (Fri Eve.) Thread

It’s great that Steveson loves wrestling, but the way he moves makes me think he could be another Aaron Donald
Obviously he is a terrific athlete.......but I don't think he would like having his face hidden. :)

Penn State guys will be slight underdogs in two of the finals (133 and 141).

A pretty big underdog in the 3rd (174).

And a slight favorite in the 4th (184).

Iowa will be super big favorites in 1 (125); a clear favorite in a second (174); and a slight favorite in a 3rd (141).

Be realistic; demand the impossible.
AB will tool on Hidlay

I have been asking the how did he get passed by for football for the past 2 years. Sure he is in a class by himself in wrestling, but.....

Then again, all linemen need to be 300 lbs+ these days and most are 6' 4". Even if he gained to 280 on that frame he would be undersized. Maybe a linebacker? He is a pretty amazing athlete, but who knows if he is a sub 5.0 40 guy.

that’s why Aaron Donald comes to mind. He’s listed at 6’1”, 285. Gable is so quick and would be so good at using leverage he’d be a heck of an interior D-lineman

Penn State guys will be slight underdogs in two of the finals (133 and 141).

A pretty big underdog in the 3rd (174).

And a slight favorite in the 4th (184).

Iowa will be super big favorites in 1 (125); a clear favorite in a second (174); and a slight favorite in a 3rd (141).

Be realistic; demand the impossible.

Why no names? Both Nick and Carter would have to win to have any chance. More likely all 4.

That aside, I am already really proud of the boys. There were projections that gave us less points than we already have. We aquited ourselves well, wrestling above seed. Not the same for Iowa. Had they not dodged those early bullets and had Berge stayed healthy, we would be neck and neck now with more finalists. Noone gave us that kind of chance.

Oh, did I forget to say we started as many freshman as they have seniors. Uh oh!

Didn't see Kerk's match, but sounds like there was a good bit of sloppiness.
Yeah, he was getting to the legs, just not finishing. If he doesn't miss time this year, I'd bet he finishes those off cleanly. Looked a little over powered and out of position, but kept fighting until the end.

I know I’ll get ridiculed for saying this but I don’t care. I’m an AJ Ferarri fan. I’ll root for him against anyone but PSU.

A lot of people clowning him for his antics but this kid is a hammer on top, fast and when he shoots he goes hard.

Super impressed
I'll root for him if for no other reason than more mom screen time! In all seriousness, Ferarri is quite the talent and sure would have looked good in blue and white.

Reactions: pish69 and nitlion6
I'll root for him if for no other reason than more mom screen time! In all seriousness, Ferarri is quite the talent and sure would have looked good in blue and white.

you should see his sister. ... wow. (Won’t post a picture but I’m sure people can look her up on IG)

I kinda can’t help but like him a bit.

I know I’ll get ridiculed for saying this but I don’t care. I’m an AJ Ferarri fan. I’ll root for him against anyone but PSU.

A lot of people clowning him for his antics but this kid is a hammer on top, fast and when he shoots he goes hard.

Super impressed
Don't think anyone is questioning his wrestling credentials. It's all about the antics and theatrics, which like someone said, are gonna get old real fast.

Reactions: Fatmarc
Ferrari is strutting like a fashion model on the runway. Sheesh.
He earns the old Suriano gif
tenor.gif

I’ll take our guys every ****ing time.

lol, I think you're attempting to use that word in pretty much every post you make during the tournament. ;)

Are you still having Internet issues, or something like that? You've been missed in the Session threads.

Sometimes it's just not possible to listen or watch due to work, and this forum is all we got. Fireman here, and going on calls during this time SUCKS!! I'm constantly using this forum for updates since I can't listen or watch.

Same here, however I just got a temporary reassignment to the slow house. Tom thanks for always having detailed PBP of damn near every match!!! Hammer that throttle down boys!!!

I think you gotta be a little nuts to win at this level in this sport. Ferrari is a full on animal and he’s not faking. Dude is out there and I dont see a good outcome for the PITT kid. I love him. Reminds me of my fav MMA fighters, all a bit touched.

Reactions: fronk71
You want PBP that way, then do it yourself.

I've actually tried that in the past. It's actually harder to do, especially in active matches (think Jason Nolf) where it's hard enough to keep up with the action.

I provide the PBP to help those that can't watch the match, or can't listen to the audio stream. It's beyond belief to me that people are complaining about a free service I provide that actually causes me to not just sit back and enjoy the matches, and at times causes me to miss aspects of the match.
Lol and amen. As a guy who sometimes does PBP here myself, I have to laugh every time I see a new nick show up and tell everyone what they're doing wrong, and how things would be better if we all did things how they'd like it done. Or complain when someone dares to mention a score they haven't seen from another match or sport or league. If you need to be shielded from sports news because you're taping something, stay off the internet.

Agree but again comparing anyone to Cassar is somewhat difficult...Strength and weight should go hand in hand. Cassar was a unique freak in terms of strength
I personally think what made Cassar a freak was his quickness. He would hit the blast double like Brown would hit but was 50+ pounds heavier.

Reactions: Larryrise
you should see his sister. ... wow. (Won’t post a picture but I’m sure people can look her up on IG)

I kinda can’t help but like him a bit.
What is her name? Don't make me give you a stalling warning.

I just keep remembering how Nolf just annihilated him. I know it was Nolf, but I think Deakin is a bit overrated.
The big10 is the best wrestling conference so the number one guy in a certain big10 weight must be the best in the country...right? Definitely overrated and in a weak weight class for the big ten.

Ferrari is great, but... we will be hearing for the next 12 months (from him) how he will be a 5x'er. That is until Braxton Amos takes him out next year. Book it, you heard it here first.
Still amazes me that Wisconsin is the only team to screw up this “free year” thing. 197 is loaded by Amos most certainly would be in AA discussion. Wick couldn’t of had more breaks in a loaded weight than what’s happened this year either lol.

I have been asking the how did he get passed by for football for the past 2 years. Sure he is in a class by himself in wrestling, but.....

Then again, all linemen need to be 300 lbs+ these days and most are 6' 4". Even if he gained to 280 on that frame he would be undersized. Maybe a linebacker? He is a pretty amazing athlete, but who knows if he is a sub 5.0 40 guy.
Lol he definitely couldn’t be a linebacker. Its dtackle or bust if we’re talking an nfl type talent. Possibly a center. The nfl gets off over tall lineman with long arms tho. Gable doesn’t look to have either. I know he’s finally found the weight room at Minnesota but he’d have to hit it a lot harder. Aaron Donald is a freak of nature athletically. Gable isn’t anywhere close to him. He’s 280 with a six pack. Having said that I’m 100% sure donald has taken things that Gable can’t right now lol. WWE will turn him into a monster haha I can’t wait.

Now I think HW Cassar would of fit right in at Linebacker U

so I think it’s actually 19-1 since 2017 & 23-1 since 2016

2016: 5-0
Nico, Zain, nolf, Bo, Morgan

2017: 5-0
Zain, nolf, Cenzo, Mark, Bo

2018: 5-0
Zain, nolf, Cenzo, mark, bo

2019:5-1
Lee (L), nolf, Cenzo, mark, bo, cassar

2021: 4-0
That is simply mind blowing