ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NCAAs Session 3B Thread

Close only counts in horse shoes & hand grenades. Beard had a great tourney, but the fact remains that we needed him to win one more match in the winner bracket to give us a more realistic shot at the team title.
Even though I believe we are the underdog in 3 of the 4 finals bouts, if you would have told me at the start of the season that IF we win the 4 finals bouts we win the TEAM title I would have taken that in a heartbeat. I'm amazed we are this close without 149, no points from Lee and Berge out. One helluva job by ALL!

Even though I believe we are the underdog in 3 of the 4 finals bouts, if you would have told me at the start of the season that IF we win the 4 finals bouts we win the TEAM title I would have taken that in a heartbeat. I'm amazed we are this close without 149, no points from Lee and Berge out. One helluva job by ALL!

Agreed!! Great run. We have so many young killers on the roster no one will be able to stay with us for the next 4-5 years! The only reason Iowa may hold on next year is they can keep all these sixth year gray beards around otherwise they will toast! I don't see any young killers on their roster that can go head to head with ,Robbie(unless they let Spencer hang around for another 5 years!), RBY, Nick, Bartlett (who is a killa in waiting just need to settle on weight for him). Van Ness coming in. Berge and I like Bearclough at 157 with his long body type. Carter, Facundo, Brooks, Beard (when he has his coffee!) and Kirk!

I think CStar will have Kenerererer’s number next year. And Kerk, Cassioppi’s. And SVN will mop the floor with Murin.

We should win a dual meet and have a very good shot at NCAAs.
I like the way you think. I'll be watching you.

I think that was said a little prematurely. When the dust settles I can see one or 2 hanging it up - especially if they win titles.

There are also rumors that Marinelli may hang it up (not trolling).

I agree with this. With Olympic trials coming up this summer a lot of guys will be reevaluating their future in the fall ... especially those who could be coming back for 6th or 7th year.

I'm sure most of these 23-25 year old young men have a significant other who might like to get on with life after college and a reliable source 0f income.

I agree with this. With Olympic trials coming up this summer a lot of guys will be reevaluating their future in the fall ... especially those who could be coming back for 6th or 7th year.

I'm sure most of these 23-25 year old young men have a significant other who might like to get on with life after college and a reliable source 0f income.
You only get to play for so long and then they make you grow up and be an adult. There are a lot of fun things involved with being an adult. However, once you are done playing, unless you are Gronk and Brady invites you back into the sandbox, they don't let you go back.
Paraphrasing Joe Montana's advice to Brady play as long as they let you. 40 years after you are done playing you will still be wishing you would have played longer.

Agreed!! Great run. We have so many young killers on the roster no one will be able to stay with us for the next 4-5 years! The only reason Iowa may hold on next year is they can keep all these sixth year gray beards around otherwise they will toast! I don't see any young killers on their roster that can go head to head with ,Robbie(unless they let Spencer hang around for another 5 years!), RBY, Nick, Bartlett (who is a killa in waiting just need to settle on weight for him). Van Ness coming in. Berge and I like Bearclough at 157 with his long body type. Carter, Facundo, Brooks, Beard (when he has his coffee!) and Kirk!
Agree totally. Loaded for bear the next few years!

You only get to play for so long and then they make you grow up and be an adult. There are a lot of fun things involved with being an adult. However, once you are done playing, unless you are Gronk and Brady invites you back into the sandbox, they don't let you go back.
Paraphrasing Joe Montana's advice to Brady play as long as they let you. 40 years after you are done playing you will still be wishing you would have played longer.

I don't see this as apples to apples. Cronk, Brady et al are making good money while having fun at the same time. I doubt Montana would be advising Brady to stay in college a 6th or 7th year for the fun of it.

If wrestling is your passion there are also ways to continue the fun and make money ... it means moving on from college though.

Last edited:
Close only counts in horse shoes & hand grenades. Beard had a great tourney, but the fact remains that we needed him to win one more match in the winner bracket to give us a more realistic shot at the team title.
And you have to stop laying this woulda, coulda, shoulda on the shoulders of a 19 year old wrestler that surpassed his seed by at least 7 spots, earning All-American honors when very few expected it based on his draw. Wrestling is a team sport with an underlying individual component. Overall the guys performed super well, and still have some work to do. WE ARE!

ADVERTISEMENT