ADVERTISEMENT

2021 BWI College Football Pick'Em

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
Once again, I invite you to join the BWI College Football Pick'Em. We took a hiatus last year due to the pandemic, but we've conducted a BWI College Football Pick'Em since 2001, if I recall correctly. As always, the competition is just for bragging rights. There is no entry fee to participate, and you don't win any money for winning the BWI College Football Pick'Em.

To join, CLICK HERE
(https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college)

I caution again that the process I go through to set up a group is not the same as someone that is joining a group. As such, I'm not certain of the order of the process, so if any of the below is out of sequence, please post a corrected order and I'll edit this post.

From the above LINK, select the Join a Group pushbutton

From the Join Group screen, go to the right side.

In the Group ID# field, enter: 5230

In the Password field, enter "pennstate"

Then, select the Join Group pushbutton

At this point, you'll have to create a handle. In Yahoo's lingo, that is your "Pick Set Name." Please try to use your board handle as your Pick Set Name. (Note: I believe the default is to have your e-mail address viewable to all. If you don't want this, then deselect that option.)

I've opted for the weekly slate of games to be:

- the Yahoo default games AND the B1G conference games AND the Top 25 games

- tie-breakers will be used each week

- you get to drop your 2 worst scores for the overall competition (season-long)

- the deadline for entering selections is 5 minutes before the start of a game

I have not opted to pick against the point spread, or to rank your games by your confidence level.

If we look back at the 2019 season-long competition, these were the final standings:
1st - rotzc
2nd - SW Fla Lion
3rd - fairgambit and MontereyLion tied
4th – Yours truly
5th – For the Glory!, LeatherHelmet, and harjeff tied
6th – lein
7th – twak, RWCStateFan, and Safety Blitz tied
8th – NittanyLionFan's Picks and mttopchuck tied
9th – swfmike, NitneLiun's Crystal Ball, PSU Paul, and bytir tied
10th – Nittany.Lion, Offside Clyde, and PSU Toronto tied

The competition does not start until Sep. 3rd, but Week 1's slate is now posted.

Best of luck to all that play!

Week 1

jdbryan23 (I'm not sure who that is) took the honors in the opening week, with a score of 23. mttopchuck took second, with 22 points. AtlantaLion, PSUHarry33, Bob78, michlion, CanioPSU, trz103, and PSU Paul tied for 3rd, with 21 points. 15 contestants (too many to mention by handle) tied for 4th, with 20 points.

I don't post the results of the season-long competition unit week 3 or week 4.

In the big competition, oops, it appears that @twak did not sign up for this year's Pick'Em.

Week 2

It was a big slate (42 games), Obliviax bested the field, with an impressive 38 points. Major Hoople, ewb75, Split_T, For The Glory, AustinLion, PSU Paul, and Nittany Lion tied for 2nd, with 37 points. 10 competitors tied for 3rd, with 36 points.

In the big competition, ugh, it seems that @twak still has not joined this year's Pick'Em.

Week 2

It was a big slate (42 games), Obliviax bested the field, with an impressive 38 points. Major Hoople, ewb75, Split_T, For The Glory, AustinLion, PSU Paul, and Nittany Lion tied for 2nd, with 37 points. 10 competitors tied for 3rd, with 36 points.

In the big competition, ugh, it seems that @twak still has not joined this year's Pick'Em.
Oregon vs. Stony Brook?

Week 3

Nittanyfarmer topped the field, with 28 points. Nittany.Lion and bluewhite22 tied for 2nd, with 27 points. Coach Fun, AtlantaLion, Ralphie_, Split_T, psu621, Jeraderman, mttopchuck, NittanyLionFan, Neil's Picks, PhDpat, ncwref, BiochemPSU, and Fac tied for 3rd, with 25 points.

In the real competition, twak finally got off the sidelines and joined this season's Pick'Em. I'm not sure if it was first-week luck, or pure skill, but twak bested me, 25 points to 23 points. :(

Reactions: twak
Week 4

RWCStateFan, Ralphie_, PhDpat, and 81b&w had the highest marks, with 29 points. Due to the tiebreakers, RWCStateFan was the winner. NitneLiun, BiochemPSU, cigarowl, Faraway1, PSURocket, Offside Clyde, AtlantaLion, ncwref, PhillyBillyReprise, SW Fla Lion, NorCal Lion,, lionville, mttopchuck, and PSU IE 97 tied for 2nd place, with 28 points. Congrats to the aforementioned, and major kudos to RWCStateFan for doing so well with all the upsets that took place in the slate of Week 4 games.

In the season-long competition, RWCStateFan sits atop the leaderboard, with 65 points. Ralphie_, NitneLiun, NorCal Lion, PSU Paul, AustinLion, Split_T, ewb75, and Nittany.Lion are tied for 2nd, with 64 points. PhDpat, BiochemPSU, Faraway1, AtlantaLion, ncwref, PSU IE 97, BW Lion, yours truly, MontereyLion, and Obliviax are tied for 3rd, with 63 points. Offside Clyde, SW Fla Lion, mttopchuck, psu621, trz103, CanioPSU, Fac, For The Glory, Major Hoople, and Coach Lun are tied for 4th, with 62 points. lionville, CoolBean, jtlion, BrianS, Woodpecker, LeatherHelmets, PSUHarry33, mike, Bob78, and The Foxtrot Uniform Variant are tied for 5th, with 61 points. Congrats to all listed in this paragraph, and best of luck over the course of the season.

In the real competition, I bested twak, 27 points to 26 points.

Week 5

Another week with a lot of upsets. Jstaar was the best prognosticator, with a score of 22. Fac, MontereyLion, and PanioPSU tied for 2nd, with 21 points. jdbryan23, For The Glory, mttopchuck, Nittanyfarmer, SW Fla Lion, NorCal Lion, BW Lion, and paulrandythomas tied for 3rd, with 20 points. Congrats to the aforementioned, and major kudos to Jstaar.

In the season-long competition, as is expected in the beginning of the competition, there was a good bit of movement. Split_T, Nittany.Lion, and Ralphie_ are tied for 1st, with 90 points. BiochemPSU, ewb75, NitneLiun, ncwref, AustinLion, PhDpat, and AtlantaLion are tied for 2nd, with 89 points. Fac, mttopchuck, psu621, and RWCStateFan are tied for 3rd, with 88 points. SW Fla Lion, NorCal Lion, bluewhite22, PSU IE 97, PSU Paul, trz103, and Coach Fun are tied for 4th, with 87 points. MontereyLion, CanioPSU, For The Glory, BW Lion, NittanyLionFan, Obviviax, Cool Bean, yours truly, PSUHarry33, The Foxtrot Uniform Variant, mike, Faraway1, and Lionville are tied for 5th, with 86 points. Offside Clyde, jtlion, Major Hoople, Bob78, and WeAre782 are tied for 6th, with 85 points. jdbryan23, LeatherHelmets, PSURocket, Neil's Picks, Woodpecker, and BrianS are tied for 6th, with 84 points. Rotzc and cigarowl are tied for 7th, with 83 points. Nittanyfarmer, paulrandythomas, byte, swfmike, and michlion are tied for 8th, with 82 points. Psujosh21 has sole possession of 9th place, with 81 points. And Nittanylion83 has sole possession of 10th place, with 80 points.

In the real competition, I bested twak, 19 points to 17 points. I'm crushing him in the season-long competition, though in his defense, he did miss the first two weeks of the competition.

Week 6

Lionville, PSU Paul, and Offside Clyde each posted the top score of 23 points. Due to the tiebreakers, Lionville took the weekly honors. twak, Bob78, and ewb75 tied for 2nd, with 22 points. Congrats to the aforementioned, and major kudos to Lionville.

In the season-long competition, as is expected in the beginning of the competition, there was a good bit of movement. ewb75 (up from 2nd), mttopchuck (up from 3rd), Nittany.Lion (no change), and AtlantaLion (up from 2nd) are tied for 1st, with 111 points. PSU Paul (up from 4th), ncwref (no change), NitneLiun (no change), Split_T (down from 1st), and BiochemPSU (no change) are tied for 2nd, with 110 points. Lionville (up from 5th), RWCStateFan (no change), Fac (no change), and trz103 (up from 4th) are tied for 3rd, with 109 points. NorCal Lion (no change), CanioPSU (up from 5th), psu621 (down from 3rd), PSU IE 97 (no change), AustinLion (down from 2nd), PhDpat (down from 2nd), PSUHarry33 (up from 5th), SW Fla Lion (no change), and jdbryan23 (up from 6th) are tied for 4th, with 108 points. Bob78 (up from 6th), yours truly (no change), BW Lion (no change), Faraway1 (no change), For The Glory (no change), MontereyLion (no change), bluewhite22 (down from 4th), wmike (not in the top 10), and Ralphie_ (down from 1st) are tied for 5th, with 107 points. Obliviax (down from 5th), The Foxtrot Uniform Variant (down from 5th), Coach Lun (not in the top 10), and Cool Bean (down from 5th) are tied for 6th, with 106 points. PSURocket (down from 6th), Neil's Picks (down from 6th), BrianS (down from 6th), LeatherHelmets (down from 6th), Major Hoople (down from 6th), NittanyLionFan (down from 5th), jtlion (down from 6th), Woodpecker (down from 6th), and WeAre782 (down from 6th) are tied for 7th, with 105 points. Rotzc (down from 7th) has sole possession of 8th place, with 104 points. Cigarowl (down from 7th), and swfmike (down from 8th) are tied for 9th place, with 103 points. Nittanyfarmer (down from 8th) has sole possession of 10th place.

In the real competition, twak bested me, 22 points to 21 points. I still have a considerable lead over him in the season-long competition.

Week 7

Obliviax topped the field, with 22 points. That's the second time this season he's won the weekly honors. Nittanyfarmer, RockyMtnLion, MontereyLion, NitneLiun, and Nittany.Lion tied for 2nd, with 21 points. Congrats to the aforementioned, and major kudos to Oblivion.

We're half-way through the season-long competition, and with all the upsets in Week 7, there was a lot of movement in the standings. Nittany.Lion (no change) and PSU Paul (up from 2nd) are tied for 1st, with 132 points. NitneLiun (no change), mttopchuck (down from 1st), and ewb75 (down from 1st) are tied for 2nd, with 131 points. ncwref (down from 2nd) has sole possession of 3rd place, with 130 points. CanioPSU (no change), BiochemPSU (down from 2nd), and Split_T (down from 2nd) are tied for 4th, with 129 points. Obliviax (up from 6th), MontereyLion (no change), PhDpat (down from 4th), Bob78 (no change), Fac (down from 3rd), RWCStateFan (down from 3rd), SW Fla Lion (down from 4th), yours truly (no change), Lionville (down from 3rd), Offside Clyde (not in top 10), NorCal Lion (down from 4th), and jdbryan23 (down from 4th) are tied for 5th, with 128 points. For The Glory (down from 5th), psu621 (down from 4th), BW Lion (down from 5th) and PSU IE 97 (down from 4th) are tied for 6th, with 127 points. Ralphie_ (down from 5th), wmike (down from 5th), bluewhite22 (down from 5th), AustinLion (down from 4th), PSURocket (no change), Faraway1 (down from 5th), PSUHarry33 (down from 4th), and trz103 (down from 3rd) are tied for 7th, with 126 points. LeatherHelmets (down from 7th), BrianS (down from 7th), Cool Bean (down from 6th), and The Foxtrot Uniform Variant (down from 6th) are tied for 8th, with 125 points. Nittanyfarmer (up from 10th), Rotzc (down from 8th), jtlion (down from 7th), Major Hoople (down from 7th), Coach Lun (down from 6th), and NittanyLionFan (down from 7th) are tied for 9th, with 124 points. Neil's Picks (down from 7th), swfmike (down from 9th) and paulrandythomas (not in the top 10) are tied for 10th, with 123 points.

In the real competition, I bested twak, 18 points to 17 points. I maintained my substantial lead over him in the season-long competition.

Week 8

NorCal Lion, Nittany.Lion, and rotzc tied for the top score of 21 points. Due to the tiebreakers, NorCal Lion took the weekly honors. Split_T, Bob78, Ralphie_, MontereyLion, PSU Paul, PSU IE 97, Cigarowl, Nittanyfarmer, RockyMtnLion, and BiochemPSU tied for 2nd with 20 points. Congrats to the aforementioned, and major kudos to NorCal Lion.

Once again, a lot of movement in the season-long standings. Nittany.Lion (no change) took sole possession of 1st place, with 153 points. PSU Paul (down from 1st) took sole possession of 2nd place, with 152 points. NitneLiun (down from 2nd) took sole possession of 3rd place, with 151 points. ewb75 (down from 2nd) and mttopchuck (down from 2nd) are tied for 4th, with 150 points. NorCal Lion (no change), Split_T (down from 4th), MontereyLion (no change), BiochemPSU (down from 4th), ncwref (down from 3rd), and CanioPSU (down from 4th) are tied for 5th, with 149 points. Bob78 (down from 5th) and Obliviax (down from 5th) are tied for 6th, with 148 points. PSU IE 97 (down from 6th), BW Lion (down from 6th), your truly (down from 5th), Lionville (down from 5th), Offside Clyde (down from 5th), PhDpat (down from 5th), Fac (down from 5th), RWCStateFan (down from 5th), and For The Glory (down from 6th) are tied for 7th, with 147 points. Ralphie_ (down from 7th), psu621 (down from 6th), and SW Fla Lion (down from 5th) are tied for 8th, with 146 points. Rotzc (no change), bluewhite22 (down from 7th), PSURocket (down from 7th), LeatherHelmets (down from 8th), wmike (down from 7th), and jdbryan23 (down from 5th) are tied 9th, with 145 points. Nittanyfarmer (down from 9th), The Foxtrot Uniform Variant (down from 8th), AustinLion (down from 7th), BrianS (down from 8th), and PSUHarry33 (down from 7th) are tied for 10th, with 144 points.

In the real competition, I bested twak, 19 points to 18 points. I continue to have a large lead over him in the season-long competition.

ADVERTISEMENT