ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 Sixers Thread

Not sure if this is gonna be the last Sixers post but…Sixers have prison sex with the Hawks.

Thats it…Until we meet again

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew
Bump - what do you hoop heads think of the trade between the Nets and Sixers?

I’m just glad the saga is over

One jackass for another. Agree, just glad Simmons is out of town. I suppose his mental health issues will be magically cured.

Note, I do not take mental health lightly as I’ve been through it all with my mom. Just find Simmon’s claims ridiculous and a farce to those who are actually mentally ill.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
A lot of fans and talking heads were getting on Morey the last few months for being unrealistic and overvaluing Ben. The thought was that there was no way any team would give up an All Star for Ben. So for that, Morey deserves praise. Also, Ben was never gonna put on a Sixers uniform ever again despite what some rogue reports were saying.

We'll miss Curry's shooting but it's an opportunity for a young guy like Isiah Joe to step up.

Part of me feels like the Nets got the best of the deal- especially with the picks. But the way teams are built these days- the draft often is a crap shoot of young kids and foreign players unless you are in the top few picks...but even then the 76ers have screwed the pooch...witness Fultz and Bridges trades.

Another part of me feels like this is aclassic Flyers move: overpaying for a superstar on the backside of their career. Thise moves haven't worked out for the Orange+Black. It also feels like when the Phillies got Roy Oswalt. IF Simmons is really motivated to proove himself and fully reach his potential (and IF he magically grew a pair..which given all of the mental health posturing seems doubtful) this could look really bad in 5 years.

Short term the 6ers are a much better team. They clearly were missing that 3rd star...especially on nights when Joel was out. Maxey has been great...but it's a long season and the playoffs are different. He is unproven. Something in my gut is thinking that Drummond may be the key as he provided very serviceable minutes at a position of weakness.

It will be a fun few years and hopefully we have a parade. I skipped school during my senior year of high school to head to Soth Philly in 83. Me, a buddy and a Michelob 6 pack sat way up high at The Vet.

In between then and now I've lived a lot of life. Clearly management is going all in on Joel's peak window. Given the almost 40 year championship gap...why not?

Part of me feels like the Nets got the best of the deal- especially with the picks. But the way teams are built these days- the draft often is a crap shoot of young kids and foreign players unless you are in the top few picks...but even then the 76ers have screwed the pooch...witness Fultz and Bridges trades.

Another part of me feels like this is aclassic Flyers move: overpaying for a superstar on the backside of their career. Thise moves haven't worked out for the Orange+Black. It also feels like when the Phillies got Roy Oswalt. IF Simmons is really motivated to proove himself and fully reach his potential (and IF he magically grew a pair..which given all of the mental health posturing seems doubtful) this could look really bad in 5 years.

Short term the 6ers are a much better team. They clearly were missing that 3rd star...especially on nights when Joel was out. Maxey has been great...but it's a long season and the playoffs are different. He is unproven. Something in my gut is thinking that Drummond may be the key as he provided very serviceable minutes at a position of weakness.

It will be a fun few years and hopefully we have a parade. I skipped school during my senior year of high school to head to Soth Philly in 83. Me, a buddy and a Michelob 6 pack sat way up high at The Vet.

In between then and now I've lived a lot of life. Clearly management is going all in on Joel's peak window. Given the almost 40 year championship gap...why not?
Agree. Philly may be worse off in the long run, but this was a win now deal. Needed to take a shot while Embid is in his prime so we now have two years to win a championship.

All in all the very good trade, Simmons was never going to play for the Sixers again-Net's wanted Maxey and Thybulle which the Sixer kept- Sixer got an All Star for the next two years. Drummond and Curry can be replaced with buy out players.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Well, ****, after 2 games I’m happier with this trade than, say, Moses for Jeff Ruland. Harden with a monster game today - 29 pts, 16 assists, 10 reb, 5 steals.

Simmons, you ask - still hasn’t played due to back stiffness and it’s uncertain whether he’ll be back for the game in Philly on March 10. Back stiffness :rolleyes:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...-ben-simmons-might-avoid-sixers-game-march-10
Simmons won’t play on March 10th because he is a “little cat”. He will miraculously be cured by March 11th.

Simmons won’t play on March 10th because he is a “little cat”. He will miraculously be cured by March 11th.
It used to be called " The Flyer Flu" back in the Bullies days. I really hope he doesn't try to play on 3/10 for a number of reasons but NOT because I care one bit about his "emotional state."

#1- what shrink that he's been seeing would actually recommend @ 76ers for a debut? Maybe one who would say to face his greatest fear and everything afterwards will be improvent?

#2- as much as I love Philly teams and the overwhelming majority of our fans, there is an element that will somehow lead chants that will likely include inapproprite terms associated with mental health, the action one does when drinking a milkshake and women's reproductive organs...and this is just scratching the surface....these folks can get really "creative"

A(nother) national embarrasment awaits for sure....let it sit til the Playoffs

The Most Valuable Process was out but they initiated The All Star Maxey Process, the All Star Toby Process, and the Blue Collard Philly Cheese Stain Rejuvinated Philly Beard Process, along with the Bball Pauly Boy Process

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT