ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 Sixers Thread

I wish they would resign Mike Scott to a 10 day…for one reason and one reason only. Mike Scott wouldn’t put up with ANY of this! Ben would get those HANDS!

Ben is nothing but a Cancer to the team. I did want him to show his face Friday in Philly when they play the Nets. Philly fans would show him how they really feel about him. Philly fans don't hold back. If you play your ass off they appreciate you and when you pull a Simmons type of behavior you are going to hear about it. Sixers should have taken the offer the Pacers offered a week ago. Brogdon and Lavert would have been nice for an over paid player with no outside game, can't make free throws with a shitty attitude.

Reactions: manilion
I wish they would resign Mike Scott to a 10 day…for one reason and one reason only. Mike Scott wouldn’t put up with ANY of this! Ben would get those HANDS!
Oh yes he would! There's a handful of "old school" type guys in the league who would put Mr. Softie in his place if they were on this roster.
What a circus.

Joel calling Ben a baby should send a clear message how this team feels about him. Especially when he says “I’m sure my teammates feel the same way”.

BFE38-FFB-9-CA1-497-F-A1-FA-0-B4829-F586-AD.gif

This is a mess. Yesterday's huddle break tells the story. Ben is basically Rudolph watching the other reindeer enjoying playing with each other. Except Rudolph actually wanted to be part of the fun.

Pretty much every player is BSing and joking around with a teammate except for Ben. You can see him in the background just slink off to the locker room while everyone else is having a good time.

The team is actually looking pretty good otherwise but Ben is just bad energy right now.

I saw a two-minute clip of BS’s first practice and he was totally not engaged.
This is a mess. Yesterday's huddle break tells the story. Ben is basically Rudolph watching the other reindeer enjoying playing with each other. Except Rudolph actually wanted to be part of the fun.

Pretty much every player is BSing and joking around with a teammate except for Ben. You can see him in the background just slink off to the locker room while everyone else is having a good time.

The team is actually looking pretty good otherwise but Ben is just bad energy right now.

This is the video I was referring to.

Best I can find so far:

Interesting if he gets suspended for the season and full salary is deposited into an escrow account. Maybe after years of law suits he eventually gets some of the money. What does he lose first, the babes, the houses, the high profile agent and when does the repo man come for the cars. How many of us could be "pissed off" for 34 Million a year to play a game?

Interesting if he gets suspended for the season and full salary is deposited into an escrow account. Maybe after years of law suits he eventually gets some of the money. What does he lose first, the babes, the houses, the high profile agent and when does the repo man come for the cars. How many of us could be "pissed off" for 34 Million a year to play a game?
What he’s already lost is his credibility. He’s a young player full of potential, but now he’s an untouchable. His lack of character will poison any team’s locker room. I think he sits for the year, and comes crawling back to the league next season.

It was a great game given all the nonsense Simmons is causing. I thought the new announcer was fine. But dang it was different after so many years of Marc Zumoff.

I thought the new announcer was fine. But dang it was different after so many years of Marc Zumoff.

agreed. nothing wrong with her broadcast -- just will take some time to get used to someone other than Marc doing the PBP.

Not surprising.
I can’t see him ever playing for the Sixers. Unlike an injury like a bad back (which he was cleared for by the training staff) how can anyone on the medical staff tell him when he’s good to come back from not being “mentally ready”? If that’s the case that has to hurt his trade value even more. I could be wrong but I bet he milks this for as long as possible. Bottom line…he’s scared to come back and play in front of Philly fans and get questioned by the media. If he was traded tomorrow he’d be suiting up and playing the next day. Claiming mental health issues probably gets him paid, sympathy, and no real way to clear him medically. He’s found his proverbial loop hole.

Sixers have a classic offensive cold spell and can’t score the last 6 mins, Joel already having knee issues, Doc forgets he can challenge in the new NBA, Danny Green shoots multiple air balls, and they get worked by a player who had to “retire” last season with a heart irregularity. All in all not a great night.

Sixers have a classic offensive cold spell and can’t score the last 6 mins, Joel already having knee issues, Doc forgets he can challenge in the new NBA, Danny Green shoots multiple air balls, and they get worked by a player who had to “retire” last season with a heart irregularity. All in all not a great night.
114-109 final. 16-1 run to end the game. I enjoyed the game, got no dog in the fight.

Sixers lead the entire game, until 42 secs left, when the Nets went ahead 109-108.

Why did Doc not challenge the play with 1 minute left where KD had a pretty obvious charge, but the call went against Danny Green?

And Danny, what's with 2 straight air-ball, 3-point attempts in the last 1:30 of the game?

Sixers dominated the game, and then gave it away at the end. smh

Sixers best FT shooter, Seth Curry, misses a FT with 15.2 sec left. smh

Thybulle throws away a long in-bound pass with the Sixers down 4, and 11 sec in the game. smh

Nets with a 16-1 run to end the game. smh

Final: 114-109, Nets

Reactions: Mr. Potter
The 2nd airball has you question gambling influence. I'm being facetious. The meltdown at the end was hopefully not telling for the season. I can't believe they dropped the home opener and had it this game one. I thought the same with Penn State Iowa at half time.

SHabbat SHalom

Pistons on a 16-1 run in the 4th. After being up 22 Doc has to put the starters back in. Stop me if you’ve heard this before.

Sixers hit one FG the last 6 mins in the 4th (and that was a Joel fadeaway 3 with 13 secs left). Basically win it at the line. This team is going to be painful to watch this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT