ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting Class Thread

Of course both Eleven Warriors writers project Bressee to their class despite no visits there in 10 months.

+ 2 HS

Andrew Lind
STAFF 23 HOURS AGO
I would disagree with that statement and feel strongly that Ohio State leads Georgia and Penn State [for Bressee] so long as Larry Johnson is in Columbus. Honestly, I think others are putting too much emphasis on the fact that he hasn't been Columbus since late October. That means very little in the grand scheme of things since he's already been three times. Why visit by yourself again when you can save that money for when a bunch of commits are on campus?

Reactions: ralphster
Of course both Eleven Warriors writers project Bressee to their class despite no visits there in 10 months.

+ 2 HS

Andrew Lind
STAFF 23 HOURS AGO
I would disagree with that statement and feel strongly that Ohio State leads Georgia and Penn State [for Bressee] so long as Larry Johnson is in Columbus. Honestly, I think others are putting too much emphasis on the fact that he hasn't been Columbus since late October. That means very little in the grand scheme of things since he's already been three times. Why visit by yourself again when you can save that money for when a bunch of commits are on campus?
Nothing away from LJ, but Chaos is about to start his own run of top draft picks, and I don’t believe LJ is going to be there long term

+ 2 HS

Andrew Lind
STAFF 23 HOURS AGO
I would find it hard to believe that there is a bigger homer than Lind in all of the recruiting journalism world. Seems like a huge douche

I would find it hard to believe that there is a bigger homer than Lind in all of the recruiting journalism world. Seems like a huge douche
It is as if Lind knows that O$U cannot allow PSU to get both Bresee and Fleming and they are not counting on a Larry Johnson who will be about 70 years old when they would step on campus, it's the bagman he's banking on. Thing is, I don't see Bresee as a kid that would be swayed by their chump change.

+ 2 HS

Andrew Lind
STAFF 23 HOURS AGO

I'd love to see one of the homers over there challenge him on this- Bressee has skipped their spring game and Friday Night lights, paid his own way to UGA and been at Blue/white and lasch bash. No worries! All is well!

Bresee and Fleming are basically like the 2020 class's Lavar and Courtney Brown. Add in 2 5 star RBs and some of these other top talents, maybe the St Johns guys will see what is being built.

Reactions: ralphster
Ironically Fleming was mentioned in the Tyler Donahue video, but not specifically as it pertains to Lasch Bash (whether or not he attended). If it is premium info, no problem, just curious.

Ironically Fleming was mentioned in the Tyler Donahue video, but not specifically as it pertains to Lasch Bash (whether or not he attended). If it is premium info, no problem, just curious.
Nothing I have seen indicates he was. From him or from free articles or previews to $$ articles.

ntcec9zfxrranrzezjwu

NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
AARYN
PARKS

RANK
6'5" | 310 LBS | OT
NATIONAL CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
FORT WASHINGTON, MD
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED
What stood out the most

"To be honest, everything [stood out]. What really stood out the most was how Coach Franklin really talked about a higher education and setting you up for life, not just football. Their organization is more about family and the atmosphere is just crazy!!! I really loved the coaches. When I tell you they are lit, they are lit!"But also, meeting the other recruits was real cool, too. We went on a scavenger hunt that was really fun. I got to joke around a little bit with my boy Caeden Wallace, who committed to Penn State. The whole event was just awesome. I really had a great time."

Details on the scavenger hunt

"The scavenger hunt was more of a tour around campus for the recruits that have never seen the campus, like myself. We saw the dorms and stuff like that, but they made it into a competition where we had stuff on a list. We had find some people on campus, take pictures with them. We had to find a group on people and record them saying 'We Are,' then we would say back, 'Penn State!' It was really fun and creative and I really loved it. Some of the committed guys were playing with us. My partner that I knew was Caedan."

On where Penn State currently stands

"I’m really feeling Penn State. Like, it was so great. I didn’t even want to go home. I can most definitely see Penn Sate in my Top 5, my Top 3, my Top 2, maybe even committing there."

yyprl2h9hotnwgedgdfx

NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
COZIAH
IZZARD

RANK
6'4" | 240 LBS | SDE
DEMATHA
HYATTSVILLE, MD
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED
What stood out the most

"What stood out to me was the family vibe and how the coaches and players get along really well and also have a good time. The coaches are honest and seem really cool. I didn’t get to learn a lot about the academics, but that the coaches have high expectations for the players to get good grades. But I really enjoyed the atmosphere at Penn State and can’t wait to visit again!"

who he got to hang out with the most

"I did get to talk to Cam Sullivan-Brown. We used to be teammates and he goes to Penn State now. He was just telling me how great Penn State is and what they do everyday."

Where PSU stands and when he plans to return

"I’m really feeling Penn State. They could potentially be where I’m going to college. I’ll be back up at Penn State for the whiteout game against Ohio State."

Reactions: bmw199
izw8zhmb1yridhjrwkr6

NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
ENZO
JENNINGS

RANK
6'2" | 178 LBS | CB
OAK PARK
OAK PARK, MI
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED
What stood out the most

"Today I got to hangout with recruits like myself and also some recruits that are already committed to PSU. Everything about PSU says family. You can feel the genuine love. Every time I visit I feel like I build a greater bond with the coaches. I can tell that Coach Franklin and Coach Banks really cares and absolutely want the best for their players. PSU has a combination of great academics and great football and that is definitely something I'm looking for in a school."

Where Penn State stands

"Penn State is definitely going to be a school that’s in the mix until the end. I’m hoping I can make it back for the Ohio State whiteout game."

j1q8yqyxi5n7h648znjv

NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
JADEN
DOTTIN

RANK
6'3" | 185 LBS | WR
SUFFIELD ACADEMY
SUFFIELD, CT
CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED
What stood out the most

"Family is everything to them. The coaches and everyone else knows us recruits can ball. But they preached family and their love for each other. They want to not only see you grow as a player and student, but help you as well. They give you that hard love, and that hard love is something I'm personally used to. I can see myself acclimating to here."

Who he got to hang out with the most

"I spent the most time with 2019 QB commit Taquan Roberson out of New Jersey. He was the first person Coach Franklin introduced me to and made sure we exchanged contact info and stuff. He explained why he committed. His was talking about the coaching staff, the love they show and the perfect combo of world class education and the best football."

Where PSU stands and when he'll visit again

"I'm really feeling Penn State. They will always be in the mix with me. I'm not sure which game I'll be at, but my family and I will look into that in the near future."

I find that concerning. UGA is a huge threat here
Seems reminiscent of Micah Parsons recruitment. Great prospect right in PSU's backyard, lots of early interest and mutual attraction, family likes PSU, etc. But there's a stage where the kid really enjoys the attention and the trips. No inside knowledge, but I'll predict a similar ending -- after having a fling, Fleming chooses Penn State.

Reactions: bmw199
I find that concerning. UGA is a huge threat here

It’s funny.... under CJF I no longer “worry” about any one particular recruit. Even one in our back yard. Coach will land some one close in ability from someplace else if Fleming doesn’t come

That being said... we will get Fleming

Reactions: bmw199 and royboy
Reading those Rivals articles, looks like the White Out is already shaping up to be a massive recruiting weekend

Interesting that it would cause him to reopen it. Seems like he had OSU #1 if so.
Its still a little bit of look at me... he had a top 6, which included tOSU. When he learns about the possibility of Urban Meyer no longer being the HC, he opens it up completely? If it's dropping tOSU, then why not just say top 6 is now top 5? I'm not mad at the kid, but the only reason to start from scratch is to get the attention.

There has been much discussion about negative recruiting OSU based on the current situation.

BOTH sides of the debate about the morality of doing so become irrelevant when considering that PSU targets (using Rakim Jarrett as just one example) have already clearly expressed backlash toward coaches employing negative recruiting tactics.

The good news is that the PSU staff can present PSU on its own merits.

Reactions: Aloha T and bmw199
The 247 site always bounces up and down on my Ipad. Anyone else?

Not currently.

Did you try turning your device completely off and on, letting it reset itself? Sometimes that’s a help.

Or, see if there are uninstalled updates for your device and the app you are using. Some regularly issue software updates that address such problems.

Also, try contacting your vendors and tell them about what you are experiencing. Tips like yours can help millions, if they can fix a flaw.

Bugs are a bummer.

Good luck A&L.

Ohio State's likely class, per the Eleven Warriors "recruiting guy". Interesting to see possible overlap (not a ton). And they are already talking down Bresee.

SpoonerBuck33 18 AUG 2018, 5:55 PM

My 2020 Projection as of August:

QB: Jack Miller (if 2 QB's then Crenshaw or Suggs

RB: Darvon Hubbard + Milton or Bowman

WR: Rakim Jarrett, Devell Washington, Rashawn Williams, Michael Drennen

TE: Sam Daugstrup (really no idea)

OT: Paris Johnson, Turner Corcoran

OT/G: Jake Wray, Geirean Hatchett or Reese Atteberry

G/C: Luke Wypler

DE: Mekhail Sherman, Fadil Diggs or Bryce Mostella

DT: Darrion Henry, Tre Williams

LB: Derek Wingo, Antoine Sampah, DeaMonte Trayanum

DB: RJ Mickens, Henry Gray, Jalen Burger, Miles Brooks or Elias Ricks

ATH: Jaheim Thomas

+ 2 HS

NHBuckeye 18 AUG 2018, 5:59 PM

No Bresee?

SpoonerBuck33 18 AUG 2018, 6:12 PM

There's guys like him that the field is who I would take over any one team. His fate is directly tied to LJ so it's up to LJ to convince him the negative recruiting (let's be honest most teams do to LJ about age) is all BS.

Then there's the part where Bresee's body might not let him play just one position or he may end up at DT full time. Personally I feel once Darrion Henry reaches the same strength level of Bresee that Darrion will be viewed as the better prospect bc he has more agility than Bresee does in perhaps a bigger frame. Henry will be in the discussion for 5* at some point.

Bumping this bc of my opening post. You heard it here folks...and no, I don’t do weddings or bar mitzvahs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT