ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Recruiting Class Thread

Priority Penn State WR target confirms Saturday visit

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...ceiver-recruit-to-visit-Penn-State-130112292/

Penn State will welcome one of its top offensive recruiting targets this weekend. Suffield Academy (Conn.) junior Jaden Dottin confirmed with Lions247 that he will back on campus Saturday.

Considered a four-star receiver prospect and listed 316th overall in 247Sports 2020 composite rankings, Dottin earned a Penn State scholarship offer last June while in town for a team camp. He returned one month later for 2018 Lasch Bash festivities, and later attended the Nittany Lions' regular-season finale vs. Maryland.

Last summer, Dottin sounded like someone considering an early commitment.

"They're really pushing for me to come to Penn State," he said after the Lasch Bash visit. "They think I'm the guy who can start out the 2020 class. That really stood out when they were talking to me and my family. It's pretty much indescribable. It was overwhelming, in a good way."

Dottin opted to enter his junior year with an open recruitment, collecting offers from schools such as Michigan State, Pittsburgh and Syracuse along the way. His list of options features more than a dozen universities, and other notable suitors include Boston College, Duke, Michigan and Purdue.

Dottin recently visited Duke, Purdue and Syracuse, and Michigan is on the upcoming travel itinerary. Penn State claims each 247Sports Crystal Ball prediction, including those made by Sean Fitz and myself.

Standing 6-foot-3, 185 pounds, he posted 29 receptions for 593 yards (20.4 per catch) and six touchdowns last season,according to MaxPreps.

1COMMENTS
Dottin lives in Cambridge, Mass., but attends boarding school in Connecticut, and could follow recent New England standouts to State College. The latest examples include tight end Pat Freiermuth, quarterback Will Levis, and defensive backs Tyler Rudolph and Marquis Wilson.

Penn State carries five commitments in its 2020 recruiting class. The Nittany Lions have yet to secure a receiver pledge this cycle.

Fleming visiting OSU next weekend with this OSU verbal. Fleming's twitter header is himself in a OSU uniform, LOL.

iu

Reactions: TheGLOV
Sam Webb, Michigan insider, with the CB for Fleming to PSU? I'll take it.

I don’t understand how a lot of people seem to be writing off Fleming to PSU when the only CB’s to OSU are a couple homers and Tom Loy... at least from what I can see reading between the lines...Fitz, Wiltfong, Donahue, Dohn and others still have him pegged to PSU

Reactions: GregInPitt
Fleming, Reese, and Carmody were all once to be leaning PSU's way.

Fleming, after flirting with Clemson, seems to be back on track.

Reese, well I hate Orange and I hope he later does too!

Carmody, man it has been awfully quiet regarding him recently despite early clamor indicating PSU lead the way. Anybody hear anything about him recently? Has he visited recently??

Should we be worried about Tyree Judge??
I think this kid is going to take a look at a depth chart consisting of Slade, Brown, Holmes, Cain, and Ford (all with multiple years of eligibility remaining) and think twice about getting in line behind that group for playing time. Don't be surprised if he ends up at the home state school of UVA where playing time will be almost immediate and he can help lead that team (results are trending up) to a re-birth.

I think this kid is going to take a look at a depth chart consisting of Slade, Brown, Holmes, Cain, and Ford (all with multiple years of eligibility remaining) and think twice about getting in line behind that group for playing time. Don't be surprised if he ends up at the home state school of UVA where playing time will be almost immediate and he can help lead that team (results are trending up) to a re-birth.

The last thing a RB should want is early playing time. Redshirt, backup for a year, play for a year, go pro.

Not a lot of locks out there, right now. You can worry as much or as little as you see appropriate. I try to keep a big picture view. JF will get us to a Top 15 class. Just don't know who will be in it.

Thanks Judge.

I am surprised that we don't here more about Carmody, like we did earlier.

It was BIG NEWS tht he might come here and not follow his brother at ND.

Since that time, several OT's have been offered scholarships as well.

I honestly thought we were going to get him on board very early.

Thanks again!!

Reactions: Judge Smails
Wiltfong just flipped his CB for Fleming to Clemson. Frankly a little surprising when the Clemson insiders were saying OSU led. Long recruitment full of twists

IMHO Fleming goes to psu just to see his GF. While he loves Franklin IMHO he wants out of PA.

Bye Julian...

Did we ever hear any information on how Fleming’s meet and greet with new WR Coach Parker went back in January? Also, if Fleming wants out of Pennsylvania, why would a Penn State Sophomore (his girlfriend) invest the time in a dating relationship with a High School Junior (Fleming), and vice versa?

It seems to work for them in the present...they might just wanna cross that bridge when/if it comes. Can’t really blame a kid from rural PA for wanting to get away and experience something else.

Did we ever hear any information on how Fleming’s meet and greet with new WR Coach Parker went back in January? Also, if Fleming wants out of Pennsylvania, why would a Penn State Sophomore (his girlfriend) invest the time in a dating relationship with a High School Junior (Fleming), and vice versa?

Do you really think every kid that age dates looking to marry?

US Weekly has a story on that but it’s behind a paywall.

“The Buckeyes are in line for an official visit for Fleming, who says a couple of unnamed schools are standing out to him at the moment.
There are two schools that have really separated themselves,” he said. “Right now we’re setting up some official visits, trying to set them in stone. I’ll probably take an official visit to Ohio State for the Penn State game.”

ADVERTISEMENT