ADVERTISEMENT

2020 B1G Tournament Session II Thread

Dogwelder

Aug 1, 2013
When / What :
Saturday 6:30 pm Eastern — Session 2: through Semifinals and up to, but not including, consi semifinals (per FLO)

TV:

None, until the finals on Sunday, March 8th

Video Streaming:
The action will be streamed via BTN+, or via FloPro, for those that have subscriptions to those services

Audio Streaming:

Ironhead's radio PBP will be streamed for free, via GoPSUsports.com. The pre-session show starts at 6:10 pm EST, and the action starts at 6:30 pm EST. You can access the audio stream by going to:
https://gopsusports.com/

then choosing Multimedia from the menu,
and then choosing Lionvision.

[This post is mostly cut and pasted from Tom McAndrew’s Session 1 thread-starting post.]

Last edited:
Big thanks to whoever runs the Penn State Wrestling Club tournament tracker for B10s and NCAAs. By far you have the best, most up to date system on the Internet. Truly...thank you!! :)

PS...hate to see Nevills go out that way...he deserved better!

Will there be a round of consolations before the semis, or will they start simultaneously?

They start w a full round of wrestlebacks first.

Q - when semis kick off, do they hold semi matches to make sure they’re in synch ? Or let them run through.
I can’t remember.

Reactions: Dogwelder and tomsc
They start w a full round of wrestlebacks first.

Q - when semis kick off, do they hold semi matches to make sure they’re in synch ? Or let them run through.
I can’t remember.
e

I believe they hold the semis to stay in synch for semis, but not for the consolation matches around them.

Reactions: diggerpup
Not sure how Brandon gave up that last TD

Bummer. He had his chances. Just couldn't finish. I don't see the 9th place bracket in Floarena but with 8 allocations, I would think there would be a 9th place that he could wrestle for and hope for the best for the wildcard allocation.

Dang. The curse of 125 now includes getting our hopes up (for a qualifier at least) before dashing them.

Meredith had nothing for Griffin. And not that it mattered in this case but I hate that “ride” Griffin used with double boots in and a forearm on the back of the neck. It’s nothing but a time-waster. Should either call a quick stalemate or hit the top guy with stalling.

Brandon wrestles for 9th later this evening.
FLO seems to say the extra placement matches are tomorrow, Saturday:

March 8, 2020

Noon ET - Session III (consolation semifinals on three mats followed by 7th-place matches on three mats, before any necessary wrestle-backs to determine NCAA allocations)”

ADVERTISEMENT