ADVERTISEMENT

2020 B1G Tournament Session II Thread

350.png

About .83%

He needs three straight upsets.

This time of year sure brings out the fair weathers. Verk’s year isn’t even over and you’re already trying to bury his career. Classy.

Verk is a tough kid, and I wish him well — he just isn’t good enough to be a starter at this program. Failing to see that, doesn’t make you a better fan .. sorry.

I think the Big10 only has 6 automatic bids at 157. If so, it doesn’t matter what Young does later tonight. No NCAAs for him.

Edit: Already covered - bigs22 beat me to it.
Wouldn’t he be likely to get an at-large spot?

157 only has 6 allocations. So he is done. He will need (and will get) an at-large to qualify.
Thanks. Hard to keep track bouncing around so many pages. B1G+ app keeps crashing as well. However, my first generation Chromecast is still going strong!

If he places 10th here, he will qualify. After that, he has to hope for very few if any upsets here or nationally.

In order to win, you do have to get a TD, though, and at this point he seems unable to mount much of any leg attack. On the plus side, he does win matches against guys ranked lower than him....generally.
Thanks. He doesn't even try shots on those better guys which means he has to win those counters and scrambles. Razor thin way to get the W.

Doesnt even matter honestly. No matter the seed, Young will win, or more likely lose by 1 or in sudden victory. Very little offense from him this year.

Any theory on why he seems to have regressed from last season? 157 also emptied out quite a bit so it looks even worse.

Verk is a tough kid, and I wish him well — he just isn’t good enough to be a starter at this program. Failing to see that, doesn’t make you a better fan .. sorry.
Maybe failing to vocalize it on a forum does.

Reactions: bigs22
I'd rather have no fans that fans that question the toughness of our guys. Verk is tough as nails. His toughness has nothing to do with him losing. This is a tough sport, the toughest actually. The guy that lines up across from him wants to win, too.

That's BS if Young gets an at large. You go 0-2 at your conference tournament, you shouldn't get to go to Nationals. I don't care how well he did during the regular season. You can make an argument if he injury defaulted out of the tournament, but he wrestled 2 complete matches and lost them both.

Anyone watch the Van Brill and Jones match? I have no idea what happened at the end of the match to allow Van Brill to win. It was 4-4 when Van Brill was hit for a point due to stalling. Next thing I know after discussion and a couple of starts...it ends up 7-4.

Speaks to how hard it is to get 10 AA’s. Iowa has a really good balanced team. And there is talk of a chance of 10 AA’s and honestly it’s not outside the realm of possibility.

And all that said, they couldn’t even get it done at Big Tens. There is a reason it’s only been done once, it’s really really hard.

Hey, did Maryland lose a team point they didn't have from the coach going on the mat?

That's BS if Young gets an at large. You go 0-2 at your conference tournament, you shouldn't get to go to Nationals. I don't care how well he did during the regular season. You can make an argument if he injury defaulted out of the tournament, but he wrestled 2 complete matches and lost them both.
You should write a letter to the NCAA.

157 is a weird, wacky weight this year.

Anyone watch the Van Brill and Jones match? I have no idea what happened at the end of the match to allow Van Brill to win. It was 4-4 when Van Brill was hit for a point due to stalling. Next thing I know after discussion and a couple of starts...it ends up 7-4.
Crowd was on Jones for not coming to the line, so he flipped the double bird. That didn't sit well with the ref, who gave MVB a point.

c'mon, he has been top 5 all year. Has a bad tourney. All kinds of things we might not know. Remember Suriano got there for us a couple of years back...

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT