ADVERTISEMENT

2020 B1G Tournament Session II Thread

Still a glimmer of hope.

350.png

Ironhead says Penn State has confirmed that Seth will not wrestle again this season.

Verk doing what Verk does ... 0-0 after one period, without a legitimate shot.
Verk now down 2-3 in 3rd period, will need a TD.

Verk is a snoozer, that’s for sure.

Best chance now is to take 7 to nationals correct? (Verk, Pipher and Nevills are done)

Feel like we are watching a lot of these guys for the last time despite their remaining eligibility.

Reactions: Ski
Verk loses another close bout with little action. Hate to say it, but pretty normal.

No one freak out about “criticizing our wrestlers” — both are for sure fine men and working their ass off — but it can be seen as nothing less than a huge failure if Verk or Meredith ever wrestle as starters again.

Reactions: Creek Side
That Nebraska kids length is tough for Verk. I think he still has matches but shouldn't he have a good chance at a wildcard in no matter what?

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
No one freak out about “criticizing our wrestlers” — both are for sure fine men and working their ass off — but it can be seen as nothing less than a huge failure if Verk or Meredith ever wrestle as starters again.

This time of year sure brings out the fair weathers. Verk’s year isn’t even over and you’re already trying to bury his career. Classy.

Young goes down. The number two seed is 0-2 at B1Gs. I'm with the contingent of people who believe he is cutting too much weight. He is too talented to be wrestling like this.

Did anyone else think that Yayha Thomas was hosed against Sasso? I swear that they were both out of bounds before the ref gave a stall call for Sasso.

Reactions: tikk10
Bummer. He had his chances. Just couldn't finish. I don't see the 9th place bracket in Floarena but with 8 allocations, I would think there would be a 9th place that he could wrestle for and hope for the best for the wildcard allocation.
Click the dropdown next to "Main bracket" and it has the 9th place bracket. Meredith has Aguilar from Rutgers.

That Nebraska kids length is tough for Verk. I think he still has matches but shouldn't he have a good chance at a wildcard in no matter what?
If he places 10th here, he will qualify. After that, he has to hope for very few if any upsets here or nationally.

In order to win, you do have to get a TD, though, and at this point he seems unable to mount much of any leg attack. On the plus side, he does win matches against guys ranked lower than him....generally.

He should wrestle later tonight as well.
I think the Big10 only has 6 automatic bids at 157. If so, it doesn’t matter what Young does later tonight. He’ll have to get an at-large bid.

Edit: Already covered - bigs22 beat me to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT