ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Transfer Portal Thread

I again ask, am I the only one on this board that likes Clifford and think as long as he stays healthy we will be really, really good?

No you are not.

And I'm likely not the only one that believes it likely that Franklin although trying to find a quality backup QB for the upcoming season is just as likely to go into this season with the 3 QB's currently on the roster as he is in finding a competent QB that will come to PSU to compete to be the backup to Clifford, as no QB coming in this summer has a fart's chance in a wind storm of unseating Clifford as the starting QB for PSU this coming season.......

I again ask, am I the only one on this board that likes Clifford and think as long as he stays healthy we will be really, really good?
Clifford is damn good when he plays to his ability. He gets in trouble when he tries to make plays he physically is incapable of making. When Cain went down last season I believe he tried to put it all on his shoulders which resulted in all of the turnovers and all around poor play. As the season went on the running game emerged with Lee and the young receivers (3, 13, 84, 86) began to blossom. If the offense can keep the momentum going (which they should) they will be fine this season. The only thing that needs to change is fewer designed QB running plays. Unless they want to run a package with Lee and/or Cain at wildcat. I worry about the defense this year.

You clearly have not read any of the comments to this thread, many of us feel that way.

How did you feel after Maryland last year? I'm not knocking Clifford, but did you honestly feel the same way after that game? I couldn't find 1 positive position on him for a month after that game.g

Reactions: TheGLOV
How did you feel after Maryland last year? I'm not knocking Clifford, but did you honestly feel the same way after that game? I couldn't find 1 positive position on him for a month after that game.g
But you are knocking Clifford.

Funny thing about guys who actually play the game of football.....they aren't perfect.
Unlike the BWI Coaching Advisory Council.

He still would have been a better back-up/one injury away QB than what we currently have.

Why? Because he has a little bit of game experience?

If he had come in and earned QB2, by all means. I'm not certain why a 3* with below average performance is considered to be better than our other two QBs. Both were 4*, no?

Why? Because he has a little bit of game experience?

If he had come in and earned QB2, by all means. I'm not certain why a 3* with below average performance is considered to be better than our other two QBs. Both were 4*, no?

Maybe you should ask James Franklin that question since he did pursue him so hard.

He must have thought he had the right intangibles.

Get back to all of us here and let us know what he said sir.

I did, I really saw last year as a joke. I saw a team and a coach take covid so seriously that it affected the entire season. they weren't even meeting as a team, their coach sent everyone home after the announcement. was it cliffords fault that Pry couldn't figure out how to stop Jarret and his 2 yard in? Was it cliffords fault their rb did whatever he wanted to do?

I'm a special advisor to that council don't ya know!

:p :) ;) :) :p
Every team has a council. I have gone to other boards and every one of them has a whole lot of passionate fans who want their team to win. It's not only common, it's total.

I don't think anyone is saying Sean Clifford is an incapable P5 QB. I'd even venture to say that he's likely above average and if he entered the portal he would be the best QB available this cycle.

With that being said, I don't think he's capable of beating OSU, winning the BIG, and securing a playoff spot as our QB.

I don't think anyone is saying Sean Clifford is an incapable P5 QB. I'd even venture to say that he's likely above average and if he entered the portal he would be the best QB available this cycle.

With that being said, I don't think he's capable of beating OSU, winning the BIG, and securing a playoff spot as our QB.
Not on his own. McSorley had Barkley, Godwin and plenty of other weapons and it still took a blocked FG return for a TD to beat OSU. With the right balance and a defense that can stop OSU from scoring a lot of points, Clifford could certainly lead the team to a win over OSU or anyone else for that matter.

So what to do about it?

I did, I really saw last year as a joke. I saw a team and a coach take covid so seriously that it affected the entire season. they weren't even meeting as a team, their coach sent everyone home after the announcement. was it cliffords fault that Pry couldn't figure out how to stop Jarret and his 2 yard in? Was it cliffords fault their rb did whatever he wanted to do?
Seems he may be a bit more involved now.

Detailed summary evaluating the incoming transfers and the transfers that left PSU, and an attempt to determine if the additions outweigh the losses......

Yeah, time will tell, but IMO a net plus for PSU.
I see the portal and additions from Juco like Lackawanna as being important supplements for PSU recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT