ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Transfer Portal Thread

If Taisun decides to go into the transfer portal, James and Kirk better do everything they can to get him here, This would be a home run as far as getting a qb. If you have time watch the Liberty/Coastal Carolina game. The Liberty qb is going into the portal. He was an Auburn Tiger but transferred to Liberty. He would be a lesser add but would still be good.
Don’t see anything about Willis and the portal

Reactions: TheGLOV
West Virginia has brought one of its own home through the transfer ranks by adding former in-state standout and Virginia Tech offensive line transfer Doug Nester. Nester, 6-foot-6, 327-pounds, entered his name into the transfer portal in mid-December and it was West Virginia that was his ultimate decision to spend the final years of his college career. The former Rivals.com four-star prospect was recruited hard by Neal Brown’s coaching staff down the stretch run of the 2019 recruiting cycle, but ultimately, he elected to sign a letter of intent with Virginia Tech on National Signing Day.

hard to believe the Bears have not gone after him. it would be an easy move for him to the Bears - no need to move family. no real risk - NW is never going to be an historic program, so not like leaving say a Bama, OSU, etc. he is winning more by X's and O's than Jimmy and Joes = more pro like.
As a Bears fan I've seen a little bit of chatter about there being interest. The rumors have also said that the Bears job is the only NFL job that Fitz would be interested in.

West Virginia has brought one of its own home through the transfer ranks by adding former in-state standout and Virginia Tech offensive line transfer Doug Nester. Nester, 6-foot-6, 327-pounds, entered his name into the transfer portal in mid-December and it was West Virginia that was his ultimate decision to spend the final years of his college career. The former Rivals.com four-star prospect was recruited hard by Neal Brown’s coaching staff down the stretch run of the 2019 recruiting cycle, but ultimately, he elected to sign a letter of intent with Virginia Tech on National Signing Day.

Wasn’t some NitWit poster saying Doug Nester and Hendon Hooker both transferred to Penn State earlier this week?

• Wow
North Carolina OT Triston Miller transfers to Arizona State
By GARRETT STEPIEN16 hrs

After entering the NCAA transfer portal last Wednesday, North Carolina redshirt freshman offensive tackle Triston Miller did not need long to find a new home. Monday on Twitter, he announced his commitment to Arizona State.

"Committed," Miller said in a tweet, adding the trident emoji before mentioning Twitter handles of Sun Devils offensive graduate assistant Adam Breneman and associated head coach/co-defensive coordinator/linebackers coach/recruiting coordinator Antonio Pierce.

The 6-foot-6, 290-pound Miller cited family reasons in a decision to opt out of North Carolina's 2020 season. He redshirted his freshman season in 2019.

Premium article on 247 suggests that PSU is interested in the former Temple DE Arnold Ebiketie, now in the portal. Not great size at 6'4" 240 lbs (from last Temple roster), but from the Temple 2020 season statistics he finished tied for the team lead in solo tackles with 28, in 3rd place in total tackles with 42, and led the team in both sacks with 4 and TFL's with 8.5, playing in 6 of their 7 games.

Could you imagine Joe trying to pronounce that kid's name? He would be the next Al Pola.

Not that difficult, two syllables, pronounced puma-chan, with accent on the first

Premium article on 247 suggests that PSU is interested in the former Temple DE Arnold Ebiketie, now in the portal. Not great size at 6'4" 240 lbs (from last Temple roster), but from the Temple 2020 season statistics he finished tied for the team lead in solo tackles with 28, in 3rd place in total tackles with 42, and led the team in both sacks with 4 and TFL's with 8.5, playing in 6 of their 7 games.

Proper spring and summer in the weight room along with proper Leverage and the tons of game experience would probably make him an immediate starter

Reactions: bison13
If they can swing him this week that would have to be thought of as an A with regard to the portal for Franklin and staff.
Not necessarily all Americans but 3 starters for sure at positions of need and another running back with previous starting experience. Add these into the recruiting class and overall it's top 10 in my opinion

If they can swing him this week that would have to be thought of as an A with regard to the portal for Franklin and staff.
Not necessarily all Americans but 3 starters for sure at positions of need and another running back with previous starting experience. Add these into the recruiting class and overall it's top 10 in my opinion
Bump... oh and yes I give the staff an A so far in the portal

So we now have gotten:
RB/DT with 1 year left.
DE with 2 years left.
DB with 3 years left.

I still think we need another DE, and a S

Any guesses as to who else this staff might go after?

So we now have gotten:
RB/DT with 1 year left.
DE with 2 years left.
DB with 3 years left.

I still think we need another DE, and a S

Any guesses as to who else this staff might go after?
There is a S who is graduating from Stanford and is in the portal. He was a starter and I believe has two years left. It has been reported that PSU has an interest. To my untrained eye, he would be a very good fit for PSU as he is a big physical S, somewhat like Brisker.

Reactions: 81b&w
I was already counting the Temple DE.

Hope you are correct. Right now it's Isaac, Ebiketie, Tarburton, Vilbert, Mostella (redshirt freshman that I don't believe played this season), and the true freshman McGraw.

Tarburton hasn't been able to stay healthy for a complete season, but looked decent vs the run when he has played. Vilbert showed absolutely nothing on the field during the plays I focused on him in 2020. Couldn't begin to get around any of the OT's he faced and did not look particularly strong against the run either. Maybe Vanover, who played some snaps at both DT and DE focuses on DE for 2021.

Anyone know anything about Illinois DE Owen Carney? Reading PSU is interested in this graduate transfer.

Anyone know anything about Illinois DE Owen Carney? Reading PSU is interested in this graduate transfer.

Looks like an injury shortened Junior year stymied production. Senior year seems decent. Got the weight we'd like at DE after Toney has played undersized his whole career. Had 3 tackles against us; no TFL, no sacks.

If we have room, I think he might be a solid pickup. If we only have 1 spot, I'd probably lean towards safety.

Looks like an injury shortened Junior year stymied production. Senior year seems decent. Got the weight we'd like at DE after Toney has played undersized his whole career. Had 3 tackles against us; no TFL, no sacks.

If we have room, I think he might be a solid pickup. If we only have 1 spot, I'd probably lean towards safety.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think for one season there is no 85 scholarship limit.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think for one season there is no 85 scholarship limit.

It seems that everybody expects some sort of rule change to affect this for sure. I don't have a clue how grad transfers will count. We also have a lower division WR coming in January, unless that has changed.

If it's free for all, absolutely! Take him no doubt. If you have 1 spot left, I'm probably leaning towards safety, but a bigger DE could create more pressure and alleviate some secondary concerns.

It seems that everybody expects some sort of rule change to affect this for sure. I don't have a clue how grad transfers will count. We also have a lower division WR coming in January, unless that has changed.

If it's free for all, absolutely! Take him no doubt. If you have 1 spot left, I'm probably leaning towards safety, but a bigger DE could create more pressure and alleviate some secondary concerns.
In regards to 85....should we not be anticipating some current PSU players moving into the portal?

It could very well be a free for all this year but there would be extra scholarship costs when revenue has been depleted. How do you work that out?

Reactions: marshall23
In regards to 85....should we not be anticipating some current PSU players moving into the portal?

Think it was Art who mentioned it originally, but I think 25/year is the bigger issue vs 85.

It could very well be a free for all this year but there would be extra scholarship costs when revenue has been depleted. How do you work that out?

Boosters?

Had 5 sacks this season in 7 games. That's 5 more than Oweh had in 9 games, and just as many as Toney had in 9 games.

Looking at it another way, Carney had as many sacks in 7 games as the total of both of PSU's starting DE's had in 9 games.

Would this make him an improvement over our starting DE's from 2020???

ADVERTISEMENT