ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Transfer Portal Thread

cjrugger

Sep 30, 2002
Let’s have one thread with all info in it

PSU involved with Eric Wilson, Harvard grad OL. Sounds like LSU is the leader though currently

Must have gotten beaten out by that Julian Fleming kid that some here were trying wrongly to second guess his college choice..... ;) ;) ;)
Mookie was the lowest rated of the 4 top 100 WRs in their freshmen class. Fleming is the highest rated but was clearly behind #5 rated Smith and 2 others in the class ahead of him. There are 3 more top 100 WRs in their 2021 class including the #1 WR and #8 WR. The lowest rated of that class is none other than Harrison Jr (same ranking as Cooper just one class off) who along with McCord are highly likely to end up in the portal themselves (as long as the #1 overall player and QB in 22 stick). Fleming could stick. He'll never be the man there. He is behind two in the class ahead of him, one in his own class, and will probably fall behind at least 1 of the guys coming in behind him.

Reactions: aworsnup and NJPSU
Mookie was the lowest rated of the 4 top 100 WRs in their freshmen class. Fleming is the highest rated but was clearly behind #5 rated Smith and 2 others in the class ahead of him. There are 3 more top 100 WRs in their 2021 class including the #1 WR and #8 WR. The lowest rated of that class is none other than Harrison Jr (same ranking as Cooper just one class off) who along with McCord are highly likely to end up in the portal themselves (as long as the #1 overall player and QB in 22 stick). Fleming could stick. He'll never be the man there. He is behind two in the class ahead of him, one in his own class, and will probably fall behind at least 1 of the guys coming in behind him.

Did you tell Flemming that he is wasting his time since he "will probably fall behind at least 1 of the guys coming in behind him." ?

Doubt that is how he sees it. And his opinion is the only one that counts for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: NittanyIllinois
Glanced over the 247 listing by date of players in the Portal and on recent days there were a pretty good number from that bastion of education, Northwestern. I was under he misguided impression that players went there to get their education for their life's work. I guess they could all be grad transfers, but with NW winning the B10 West it seemed a little strange at first glance........

Must have gotten beaten out by that Julian Fleming kid that some here were trying wrongly to second guess his college choice..... ;) ;) ;)

Who the hell was second guessing Fleming’s college choice? Just thought it was bush league to trash PSU when he announced his commitment to OSU. The only thing worse is posters who insist on starting threads about him here on this board to comment about every damn thing he does or doesn’t do at OSU.

Who the hell was second guessing Fleming’s college choice? Just thought it was bush league to trash PSU when he announced his commitment to OSU. The only thing worse is posters who insist on starting threads about him here on this board to comment about every damn thing he does or doesn’t do at OSU.
Yep nothing against the kid but its old news.Psu does seem to have some really good young wide receivers and tight ends.

Yep nothing against the kid but its old news.Psu does seem to have some really good young wide receivers and tight ends.

Tight ends definitely but who are these really good young receivers besides Parker Washington?

Glanced over the 247 listing by date of players in the Portal and on recent days there were a pretty good number from that bastion of education, Northwestern. I was under he misguided impression that players went there to get their education for their life's work. I guess they could all be grad transfers, but with NW winning the B10 West it seemed a little strange at first glance........
Rumour has it that Fitzy’s leaving for an NFL job...

I used to think the same about Pete Carroll..
Yes, although Pete had previously coached in the pros before his USC stint. I don't believe Fitz has any previous pro coaching experience, but have not done the research to be sure. He seems to be of the JOEPA coaching mold, considering, but never making the jump.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Yes, although Pete had previously coached in the pros before his USC stint. I don't believe Fitz has any previous pro coaching experience, but have not done the research to be sure. He seems to be of the JOEPA coaching mold, considering, but never making the jump.

hard to believe the Bears have not gone after him. it would be an easy move for him to the Bears - no need to move family. no real risk - NW is never going to be an historic program, so not like leaving say a Bama, OSU, etc. he is winning more by X's and O's than Jimmy and Joes = more pro like.

Wow! Phil just said that DJ Uiagalelei Taisun Phommachanhof Clemson likely entering portal and PSU would be interested Former 4 star QB with 3 years of eligibility

Last edited:
You sure he wasn't talking about Taison Phama....nit gonna attempt to spell it? He was offered by psu out of hs and was seriously considering us. Why would DJ leave? He looked damn good vs nd early in the season and will def start next season....

I believe you and/or Phil are confusing DJ with this Clemson QB.

That could be. Most likely me. Phil could have been mentioning him. Phil couldn't pronounce his name and I was paying half attention. Heard DJ, but that could have been in reference to DJ beating this guy out.

Taisun is from CT and Phil mentioned that, so must have been talking about him. My bad.

Last edited:

Did you tell Flemming that he is wasting his time since he "will probably fall behind at least 1 of the guys coming in behind him." ?

Doubt that is how he sees it. And his opinion is the only one that counts for him.

The northwestern player's opinion is the only one that counts.

Did a quick Google search on TP.

Preseason: he looks like a different QB.

After broken hand and DJ played: might want to consider a position change.

Sounds familiar.

The northwestern player's opinion is the only one that counts.

You're catching on.

And that is what I was asking. If anyone knew anything regarding why those Northwestern players seemed to be bailing.....

Last edited:
Taisun was the 4* QB from Connecticut Phil was mentioning. DJ is not going anywhere, he’s the mega star QB for Clemson who starts next year

He would be interesting, though why would he go PSU with ClifforD and Levis here?

Why would he go to Clemson? If he went to Clemson do you think he is afraid of competition?

If Taisun decides to go into the transfer portal, James and Kirk better do everything they can to get him here, This would be a home run as far as getting a qb. If you have time watch the Liberty/Coastal Carolina game. The Liberty qb is going into the portal. He was an Auburn Tiger but transferred to Liberty. He would be a lesser add but would still be good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT