ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Transfer Portal Thread

Always liked the kid in brief appearances but he had a lot of bad luck with injuries. It seemed like he was always hurt.

Has his degree as most of the guys leaving us do . The exception is the Griffith kid who needs the spring semester.

Why not move on ?

Pyne has attempted 3 passes in his career and Clark has attempted 5. There is talent everywhere that is worth playing at, but that is just about as good as an opportunity to walk into as a transfer could find

Clark has a knee injury----will likely not be available for spring practice and you need 4 on the roster.

Coan if he wins the job is a 1 year bridge player.

They ought to start with their head coach!!

Yeah sure----42 wins in the last 4 years.

Bama , OSU , Oklahoma , Clemson and Georgia only schools that are ahead of that----pretty good company.

4 12-0 seasons in the last 12 seasons------let us know when your " smartest guy in any room he walks into " HFC pulls that off.

Bama , OSU , Oklahoma , Clemson and Georgia only schools that are ahead of that----pretty good company.

4 12-0 seasons in the last 12 seasons------let us know when your " smartest guy in any room he walks into " HFC pulls that off.
Why are you here?
Go felate your program on your own board!

Let me know when Lizzie Seeberg congratulates your team and head coach!

Nice that you came here to enlighten us about the storied success of ND football.

Yes, it sure is easier to puff up a team's record when that team schedules the Little Sisters of the Poor for half their games. And most here will admit that's a strategy to sneak into the playoff, but only to get regularly embarrassed.....

Cheers.

Reactions: 81b&w and TheGLOV
Nice that you came here to enlighten us about the storied success of ND football.

Yes, it sure is easier to puff up a team's record when that team schedules the Little Sisters of the Poor for half their games. And most here will admit that's a strategy to sneak into the playoff, but only to get regularly embarrassed.....

Cheers.

Good Luck against Villanova this season.

Good Luck against Villanova this season.

Hope you get through murderer's row next season (holy Toledo!!) so we can watch you get embarrassed again next post season ....

Come back and see us when ND actually wins something relevant. Oh, then we would never hear from you again!

Last edited:
That’s not really how this works. It’s more like Jimmah recruited over him so he’s moving on. The new guy will be better than Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders combined.
Just like Joe Milton, who was Cam Newton Jr 6 months ago

Reactions: TheGLOV
The one article mentions him as being the most talented guy to portal so far... 20 tackles in 11 games over two years? Sounds like ND is cutting the fat.
I believe it said Lamb was the most talented ND player in the portal. i also read that he was more of a factor in 2019, but his role diminished in 2020.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Listened to Franklin's press conference last evening. When he elaborated somewhat about ongoing recruiting from the Portal his initial mention of position of focus was DE, and then he included DB in the same sentence. He also mentioned the company line that the staff will look for any players that can make the team better within the current rules that make improving the roster a full time job....... Other than bringing in a sure fire 2 deep player at Safety, to compete with Brown and Sutherland to start next to Brisker, that tells me that the focus is on DE, which we know has questionable depth and experience.

Basically what we already knew. :)

Michigan DE Luiji Vilain in the portal... worth pursuing I would think? Was a highly regarded recruit and at worst would be solid 2nd teamer. 6'4 255

Michigan DE Luiji Vilain in the portal... worth pursuing I would think? Was a highly regarded recruit and at worst would be solid 2nd teamer. 6'4 255

I think it all depends on how much room is left at the inn. I'd rather take a chance on that guy and he not work out for a year than take another chance on a corey bolds type 3 star that isn't going to work out either.

Article on the incoming 6 portal players. The 4 scholarship players and the 2 walkon's. Some good info on the walkon's that may not have been discussed here .....

Greg: in all seriousness, I get that you did the bold print thing to make some kind of point, but when your posts are more than a couple of sentences, they are hard to read. You have some good stuff to relate. Why not make it easier to read? Some folks on this board are older and bold print is hard on the eyes. Just a constructive thought. Thanks for giving it a thought.

Looks like the options to add an experienced DE are getting slimmer.....

Players mentioned:
Andrew Leota (6' 4" 250lbs, RS So) 2 years of eligibility, Northwestern
James Sylvester (6' 4" 243lbs, RS Fr) 4 years of eligibility, Baylor
Jordan Woods (6' 4" 275, RS Sr) 1 year of eligibility, FIU

Of these, Leota seems like the best fit to come to PSU, contribute in the 2 deep immediately, and have 2 years of eligibility.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT