ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Transfer Portal Thread

Who the hell knows about Levis? My nephew who is a rising sophomore (or should I say 2nd year) at UK, said he heard that Levis is expected to be the starter. He lived in the dorms as a freshman and knows some FB players there. Not sure what the drive-through dude at the Cook Out in Lexington is predicting so should probably wait to hear about that.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Who the hell knows about Levis? My nephew who is a rising sophomore (or should I say 2nd year) at UK, said he heard that Levis is expected to be the starter. He lived in the dorms as a freshman and knows some FB players there. Not sure what the drive-through dude at the Cook Out in Lexington is predicting so should probably wait to hear about that.
He's 3rd string.

Wow, very low percentage getting scholarships after entering the portal. Reality check.

Trey Biddy? Trey Biddy. Only in SEC country could someone get away with a name like that.

Enough of making fun of the inbred, let's get to cases. Guess critical reading and thinking aren't pre-reqs to work at 247 or to be SEC Commissioner because the number comes from Greg Sankey. So what is the context? As a commenter pointed out, there aren't 13,000 players in FBS football. Well, there might be, but there aren't that many scholarship players. So how many in the portal, regardless of classification, are non-scholarship to begin with? And more to the point, and I'll bet Greggie wouldn't like this answer if anyone could find out, what percentage of scholarship athletes in the portal are there of their own volition and how many had no choice? Cuts both ways, motherfvcker.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
Trey Biddy? Trey Biddy. Only in SEC country could someone get away with a name like that.

Enough of making fun of the inbred, let's get to cases. Guess critical reading and thinking aren't pre-reqs to work at 247 or to be SEC Commissioner because the number comes from Greg Sankey. So what is the context? As a commenter pointed out, there aren't 13,000 players in FBS football. Well, there might be, but there aren't that many scholarship players. So how many in the portal, regardless of classification, are non-scholarship to begin with? And more to the point, and I'll bet Greggie wouldn't like this answer if anyone could find out, what percentage of scholarship athletes in the portal are there of their own volition and how many had no choice? Cuts both ways, motherfvcker.
No doubt many were probably walk-ons hoping to get a ride somewhere. I guess the 13,000 # comes from 130 D1 schools with average of 100 players on the team?

No doubt many were probably walk-ons hoping to get a ride somewhere. I guess the 13,000 # comes from 130 D1 schools with average of 100 players on the team?
The 13,000 are "student athletes," not just football players. I've also seen some football players on D2 rosters that haven't played football in years. But, I'm sure they were in the portal, just like Irv Charles at IUP.

Reactions: RickinDayton

So that means that almost every player in D1 is in the portal.

Is it possible like someone else suggested that it includes all levels and all sports?
Maybe, but then it includes who knows how many people who were never on scholarship. So much for the implication that 11,000 "lost" scholarships, though someone who didn't have one on entry to the portal technically "remained without" if he didn't find a landing place. But Sankey is a sack of shit. I'm not going to wait for him to tell us how many were pushed into the portal by their former programs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT