ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Sixers Thread

So this is our new leaders plan for simmons? SMH

I care that he’s a great player and I’m going to let him play, I’m going to give him the keys and let him be free and play," Rivers said. "If he takes no shots, I’m fine. If he takes 10 threes, I’m fine. If he gets to the line 15 times, I’m fine. Ben is brilliant enough for me to allow him to play and not get in his way and try to cloud his head up with a bunch of crap.

I’m not excited about Harden. He is a black hole with the ball at times despite his assist numbers. I’m not sure he’d fit the team chemistry at this point. And I’m also not thrilled about giving up the assets it would take to get a 31 year old guy with no history of being able to elevate his team when it counts most.

Reactions: WestSideLion
I’m not excited about Harden. He is a black hole with the ball at times despite his assist numbers. I’m not sure he’d fit the team chemistry at this point. And I’m also not thrilled about giving up the assets it would take to get a 31 year old guy with no history of being able to elevate his team when it counts most.
Trading Simmons is a big risk, but if Doc has no plan for him, you can’t fault Morey for going after an established star who is a good makeweight for Embiid and Harris.

The downside if his legacy as President will be trading one of the great generational players of Simmons develops a jumper.

Trading Simmons is a big risk, but if Doc has no plan for him, you can’t fault Morey for going after an established star who is a good makeweight for Embiid and Harris.

The downside if his legacy as President will be trading one of the great generational players if Simmons develops a jumper.
I’m now convinced that Simmons will never shoot threes. It’s my understanding that Brown last year asked him to shoot at least three threes a game, and he just wouldn’t. You’re right, if Simmons could take four or five threes a game and hit 35% of them he would be just about the best guard in the league. I’m positive he could hit 35% right now. I can’t understand it.

Reactions: WestSideLion

The downside if his legacy as President will be trading one of the great generational players of Simmons develops a jumper.

It’s a huge risk. But Simmons for Harden straight up is probably the only trade that could work in the short term. You’d have Harden basically holding the ball with Harris and Embiid down low. And Curry roaming outside the 3 pt arc. Simmons and Harden together sounds disastrous.

ADVERTISEMENT