ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Sixers Thread

Always nice to spank the Celtics. It's a 106-96 win for the Sixers, and a sweep by the Sixers of the season series.

Reactions: jmorovich
What a great night.
Sixers win...
Celtics lose...
And the cherry on top?? Celtics homer Paul Pierce gets fired from ESPN for being a moron.

78643-F02-D8-FF-4011-BC14-9869-D45-B7697.gif

Concerning Ben's slump since the All Star break, I was thinking after the Griz game that he looks exhausted. We always think of Ben as an iron-man but his energy seems off. Well, as we know mental stress can be just as taxing as physical exertion.

Ben has a biological sister and two half-brothers. According to Ben's sister, one of the half-brothers, who is also on Ben's management team, molested her as a little girl. She claims that the family didn't want her to come out with this because it could damage her brother's brand. She also says that the half brother is stealing from Ben.

You can't help but wonder if Ben hasn't been trying to settle this explosive family drama behind the scenes for the last few weeks. He exerts so much energy on defense and combined with this stress that could explain the tired Ben that we are seeing.

Simmons Family Drama

Sixers tied up 50-50 with the pelicans at the half in a very clunky game for both teams so far.

May be premature but sixers aren't winning the east and won't even make the east finals imho

If your basing off that Pelicans game I would say it’s a little premature. There have been games I’ve watched them and thought they could win it all. They didn’t seem into it last night mentally.

That being said there are some concerns. Management not addressing the need for a stretch five hurt. Dwight seems to have a good game every 8th game or so. Between that he’s getting kicked out or committing ridiculous fouls. Trying to force Mike Scott into that stretch 5 is not working.

More concerning for me is Ben Simmons return to his beginning of the season form the last 10 games or so. He doesn’t seem to be very aggressive. 6 shots last night is not acceptable. Seth seems to have games where he just disappears. I like Seth but scoring zero points in 26 mins isn’t ideal.

It will be interesting when the play the Nets this coming week. I really want to see how locked in they are and what Joel does to a team I feel has no one who can guard him. It should unlock Danny Green and Seth (Hopefully). The Pelicans big men actually played well against Joel. They might be the two strongest centers in the league. They seemed to be able to negate Joel a little.

Simmons came out very aggressive tonight and was looking to score. He wound up with 13 but didn’t play much in the 4th quarter. They were riding a 16-20 point lead and using their substitutes. They played defense with more energy and Korkmaz had a good game shooting.

Reactions: jmorovich

strange signing. Mike Scott hitting 35% of threes, this guy career is 37% so not really different plus he has not played in a year and doesn't play defense. Not like Mike Scott is great at defense, but sounds better than Toliver and now way can Toliver be in any type of game shape. This guy appears to be literally a 10 day back-up in case Scott gets hurt to have somebody in that position as no way they can expect anything more out of Tolliver than they do Scott right now.

Sixers with a complete game over the Mav’s

Starters get a long rest with the Nets coming on Wednesday thanks to the Turkish Mamba closing the game out and keeping the Mav’s at bay.

Can’t wait for Wednesday!

The Nets game at TWolves was postponed tonight due to the civil unrest in Minnesota. However, there is word that the NBA might have the Net and Wolves play the game tomorrow afternoon which would create a road back to back for the Nets. If that doesn't happen then we get a well rested Nets team.

The Nets game at TWolves was postponed tonight due to the civil unrest in Minnesota. However, there is word that the NBA might have the Net and Wolves play the game tomorrow afternoon which would create a road back to back for the Nets. If that doesn't happen then we get a well rested Nets team.
Just announced they are playing today at 4pm. Looks like it will be a back to back for the Nets. No tears shed for them on my end. Sixers need to win this to win the season series if the race is going to stay this tight down the stretch.

Nets pretty much sitting everyone for tonight’s game. Second let down for this matchup. Whatever...hopefully they take it personal and stomp the Nets even if they are short handed

Sixers up 7 after gifting the Nets 4 points the last 20 seconds. Shake can’t control himself when someone picks his pocket. It’s almost a guarantee he’s gonna foul the person who took it from him.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew
As Kyle Neubeck's tweet/article from before the game indicated, it's pretty much impossible to draw any conclusions from this game about how the two teams match up at full strength.

JoJo is having a great game against the lineup that the Nets are playing tonight.

The Sixers would have to fall apart to lose this game -- up 98-86 shortly after the start of the 4th quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT