ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Sixers Thread

So today is the day. I don't think the Sixers make any massive moves (Lowry) today. I think they make some fringe moves for the bench and then try to be big players in the buyout market. This team seems to have great chemistry right now which isn't easy to get. I just wonder how much of that they are willing to sacrifice.

I will be happy either way. I think Lowry would be a great addition if they get him, but I also wouldn't be upset if they just tweaked the bench. I seen one tweet that had them offering Maxey for Kevin Huerter of the Hawks. I think that would be a great move from a spacing standpoint.

Should be a fun day with zero work getting done on my end.

Last edited:
So today is the day. I don't think the Sixers make any massive moves (Lowry) today. I think they make some fringe moves for the bench and then try to be big players in the buyout market. This team seems to have great chemistry right now which isn't easy to get. I just wonder how much of that they are willing to sacrifice right now.

I will be happy either way. I think Lowry would be a great addition if they get him, but I also wouldn't be upset if they just tweaked the bench. I seen one tweet that had them offering Maxey for Kevin Huerter of the Hawks. I think that would be a great move from a spacing standpoint.

Should be a fun day with zero work getting done on my end.

I want them to make a move, but not give away the house or the bench on Lowry. Realistic other names include Ball, Powell, Brogdon, and Fournier who could all move the needle. Saw a report that Reddick could get released and end up back in Philly. He wants to commute out of Brooklyn. Ellington would be a good pick up for a second round pick. I think they are clearly open to trading Maxey but teams want Thybulle more.

Brogdon would be a great addition for any team. He’s a winner.

I just now saw the news of trade for George Hill. Hill is one of my favorite players but he is not as good as Brogdon. Hill is a great team player and will be a great addition. Smart and always steady, he does everything well. Great get for Philadelphia.
Fixed it for the board.

Reactions: jmorovich

Word was that Lowry was seeking a 2-year extension, @$50 M, with any team that traded for him.

If that's true, I'm thankful that the Sixers didn't make a trade for him.

first the NBA is soft...nothing new. Second, knowing that how moronic is Dwight Howard?? He’s infuriating to watch. #BBallPaulTime

first the NBA is soft...nothing new. Second, knowing that how moronic is Dwight Howard?? He’s infuriating to watch. #BBallPaulTime

the NBA players can be soft, but I'm not sure what you call the ref in that situation. I'm not even sure if that was worthy of a T. Of course, Howard already had one T, so he had to be smarter in that situation, but Dwight will be Dwight. However, you should always know the situation, and tonight JoJo is still out, and the #3 center got traded this afternoon, so Howard can't afford to get booted. smh

Reactions: jmorovich
Sixers had a great 3rd quarter, and nearly gave it away in the 4th quarter.

With JoJo and LeBron missing from the game, and the two new additions from the trades from earlier today not on the bench, it's hard to draw any conclusions from the game.

Dwight Howard, smh. Ejected for the 2nd straight game, as the Sixers lose to the Clippers, 122-112.

Sixers without JoJo, Tobias with foul problems that limited him to only 15 minutes, and playing the Cavs that have been a problem for them this season and ...

the bench really came through. The Sixers had a 2-pt lead at the half, and blew out the Cavs in the 2nd half, to win 114-94. And it wasn't even that close. The Sixers got the ball with 27 sec. left and out of respect didn't even take a shot, yet the Cavs hit a 3 at the buzzer to narrow the gap to 20.

ADVERTISEMENT