ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Sixers Thread

Tyrese Maxey with a big game in the first summer league for the Sixers. Doing all he can to help get Dame to the Sixers!!

Matisse Thybulle had a decent showing in the Olympics. Didn't score a ton, but shot well, had some assists and very few turnovers, and a very impressive 3.3 steals a game. He is becoming an elite defender.

Simmons could hit 35% of his threes, easy. He’s not going to take them, period. Best that everyone understands this, avoid disappointment.

I’m careful about making predictions, but I wouldn’t be surprised if his free throw issues persist. There’s something about him; it seems as if he doesn’t know how to help himself.

Word is Damian Lillard plans to start the season with the Blazers and see what happens as the season goes on. If that’s the case Ben better make plans to be back in Philly because I get feeling Morey is all in on going after Lillard. Maybe Ben can build his value back up before the trade deadline while there’s no pressure on him. That seems to be his time to shine.

Reactions: WestSideLion
Word is Damian Lillard plans to start the season with the Blazers and see what happens as the season goes on. If that’s the case Ben better make plans to be back in Philly because I get feeling Morey is all in on going after Lillard. Maybe Ben can build his value back up before the trade deadline while there’s no pressure on him. That seems to be his time to shine.
Morey definitely isn’t giving away Ben. Good for him to understand that he has lots of leverage too.

Reactions: jmorovich
This is getting out of control. Someone needs to tell Klutch and Rich Paul to put Lebron’s sack back in his mouth and shut the F up!

Reactions: LionJim
Throw in Elton Brand too. The organization knew what they were dealing with regarding Ben when they signed him to the extension

What I find most interesting about this whole standoff is who is going to blink first. It’s apparent Morey wants Lillard. It’s also apparent Simmons and Rich Paul want him out of Philly. BUT…he’s under contract for 4 more years. This isn’t Rich Paul’s normal setup for a power play to get a client out. He has zero leverage. Also, the Sixers were the #1 seed last season, have not lost anything in free agency but have actually added, and Maxey and Matisse will presumably take steps again.

Does Morey basically tell Ben and Rich Paul “we aren’t taking pennies on the dollar, either get to camp and get your value up so we can send you somewhere you wanna go or sit you ass at home and we’ll fine you accordingly” Also, not playing basketball doesn’t really help your endorsement deals. I am really intrigued to see what happens at the end of the month. I don’t see them trading him. These deals I’m seeing floating around the Internet are insanely horrible since Simmons came out saying he won’t play for the Sixers. Gonna be a fun couple of months to start the season for the Sixers!

Good analysis of this whole Ben Simmons nonsense. I feel the same way…Sixers have the leverage here. Going to be interesting.

Sure. Unless the owner doesn’t cave. Simmons is under contract and I assume he’d like to get paid.
I hope Harris tells Morey to prove a point here. Imagine if the Sixers start strong without Simmons. Who has leverage then?

@Tom McAndrew …Sixers camp opens in a couple days, Ben Simmons says he won’t ever play for the Sixers again, and PSU has Villanova this week (don’t tell anyone in the football threads I’m overlooking them!).

We need that official “2021-22 Sixers Thread”!

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
ADVERTISEMENT