ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Premier League thread

Peacock is greatly limiting my Premier League viewing this season. And I’m someone that gets it for free. Would have watched the early games while making and eating breakfast, and recorded Chelsea-Liverpool to watch tonight since I’ll be coaching at noon. Sucks.

Peacock is greatly limiting my Premier League viewing this season. And I’m someone that gets it for free. Would have watched the early games while making and eating breakfast, and recorded Chelsea-Liverpool to watch tonight since I’ll be coaching at noon. Sucks.
Couldn't agree more. I already pay for enough of these services, not springing for Peacock. I remember when NBC first got the rights they played basically every match over a bunch of their channels. Then, they went to that NBC Gold package which was a joke. Now, Peacock. Just like ESPN+, it's just another way to get a buck out of your wallet for no reason other than greed. I already pay for their service, it's disgusting that they want me to pay more.

cheating-football-fans-graphic.png

... I think I will save my extra pfennigs for the ESPN+ Bundesliga coverage so I can keep up with BvB.

That's a real issue for me this season. I've not decided yet. I really dislike this new "streaming services" thing that everyone is doing--for an extra fee. It's so fragmented now. The end of last season I only missed one Gladbach game (the real Borussia, BTW;)). Now? Not only will I miss most of their games, I may not get to see any Bundesliga, as it's beginning to look like the game the first week on regular ESPN might be the only one there all season.:mad::rolleyes:

Reactions: TheGLOV
You're getting Peacock premium for free? If so, how?

Not sure how anyone didn't see a move like this coming from a mile away. NBC flooded us with games a few years ago. Got people hooked. Started limiting the games you get and now the final move. In England, I believe that EPL viewing is much like the NFL. You get a game or so per week and have to buy the package to see them all. It was just a matter of time before a similar model came to the US. Disappointed, but not surprised. I'll probably pay the $5/month for the premium package.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion

Not sure how anyone didn't see a move like this coming from a mile away. NBC flooded us with games a few years ago. Got people hooked. Started limiting the games you get and now the final move. In England, I believe that EPL viewing is much like the NFL. You get a game or so per week and have to buy the package to see them all. It was just a matter of time before a similar model came to the US. Disappointed, but not surprised. I'll probably pay the $5/month for the premium package.

The package that I have Comcast/Xfinity gets it for free. I've just got Internet and very basic cable with them (have 2 of the 4 TVs in my basement hooked up to local), so I'm not sure if it's via the Internet package or via any cable package, but I'll take it.

Now that Peacock has cut the deal with Roku, that will make me watch more. I usually spent non-PSU home Saturdays, and most Sunday mornings doing stuff around the house, making breakfast, catching up on Fantasy and making bets, etc, which is perfect for a soccer game on in the background. But it's not the type of stuff where I'd be streaming the game on my phone.

Still annoying that I won't be able to record games on Peacock as there are plenty of days where I'm coaching soccer or up at PSU and would have recorded a game to watch it later, but at least the Roku deal will let me catch some more games (also hoping that this past weekend was exaggerated as they try to gain footing with Peacock, and that we won't see many weekends where 8/10 games aren't available on TV).

I already purchased it as well. No sense waiting and it’s basically a buck or two a match as I see it. Well worth it.

Reactions: Grant Green
The package that I have Comcast/Xfinity gets it for free. I've just got Internet and very basic cable with them (have 2 of the 4 TVs in my basement hooked up to local), so I'm not sure if it's via the Internet package or via any cable package, but I'll take it.

Now that Peacock has cut the deal with Roku, that will make me watch more. I usually spent non-PSU home Saturdays, and most Sunday mornings doing stuff around the house, making breakfast, catching up on Fantasy and making bets, etc, which is perfect for a soccer game on in the background. But it's not the type of stuff where I'd be streaming the game on my phone.

Still annoying that I won't be able to record games on Peacock as there are plenty of days where I'm coaching soccer or up at PSU and would have recorded a game to watch it later, but at least the Roku deal will let me catch some more games (also hoping that this past weekend was exaggerated as they try to gain footing with Peacock, and that we won't see many weekends where 8/10 games aren't available on TV).
I saw that the deal with Roku got done. I was able to watch Liverpool on demand last week, so hopefully you can still watch games later without having to record.

Not sure how long you've been coaching, but do you know any of the older guys from the FC Delco program (before they switched to Continental)?

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
I saw that the deal with Roku got done. I was able to watch Liverpool on demand last week, so hopefully you can still watch games later without having to record.

Not sure how long you've been coaching, but do you know any of the older guys from the FC Delco program (before they switched to Continental)?
I have two Roku TV's and still don't see the NBC Peacock app using the search. Any suggestions? (I'd like not having to watch on my desktop)

Just a few years, and low level/township type teams. Currently coaching my daughters u6 team. Though that doesn’t mean I won’t run them till they puke at practice next week if they don’t clean up the errors (well, at least the ones that aren’t crying the moment they leave their parent’s side)!!!

Reactions: Grant Green
That's a real issue for me this season. I've not decided yet. I really dislike this new "streaming services" thing that everyone is doing--for an extra fee. It's so fragmented now. The end of last season I only missed one Gladbach game (the real Borussia, BTW;)). Now? Not only will I miss most of their games, I may not get to see any Bundesliga, as it's beginning to look like the game the first week on regular ESPN might be the only one there all season.:mad::rolleyes:

I don’t think many Bundesliga games are scheduled to be on ESPN or ESPN2. Games are available on demand for later watching, just don’t know for how long. Thank you to Gladbach for giving Reyna his first Bundesliga goal 😉.

Supposedly Peacock will let you watch past games on demand for 30 days. 175 matches on Peacock, 205 on NBC or NBCSN. Since Spurs has a free audio stream, so I‘m not getting Peacock Premium. I still enjoy just listening to games while doing odds and ends around the apartment. Dortmund’s free audio stream is auf Deutsch, so I sprang for the ESPN+ at $50 for the year. I’ve also been binging on the 30 for 30 documentaries.

I have two Roku TV's and still don't see the NBC Peacock app using the search. Any suggestions? (I'd like not having to watch on my desktop)
Maybe just try searching peacock instead of NBC peacock? I have a bunch of roku's as well and was able to download on all of them. Because I have Xfinity internet, I get it for free at least. Still a joke for people that actually have to pay though.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Maybe just try searching peacock instead of NBC peacock? I have a bunch of roku's as well and was able to download on all of them. Because I have Xfinity internet, I get it for free at least. Still a joke for people that actually have to pay though.

Reactions: Alphabets
If there had been a poll on the final score of Liverpool-Arsenal, I’m guessing that 3-1 would have gotten the most votes. I haven’t the ability to analyze matches the way Todd and Erial do so I was just hoping Arsenal could steal a point in an away match.

I’m going to have to explore Peacock, as apparently I have it as part of my package.

ADVERTISEMENT