ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Premier League thread

Congrats Gooners, we served it up on a platter to ya!
tenor.gif

Well they just might pull it off in the Champions League. Maybe, with a whole lot of luck.

You know Jim, there is something a-miss/wrong on that team this season sir.

Yes, the injury bug did bite them many-a-time but to lose to lesser-than teams as often as they have is a tell-tale sign of problems (coaching?-player-revolt? Too many I-me-my types? Who knows.

The team chemistry is gone as far as I can see.

They are at least a 12-point better team than where they are now.

Reactions: LionJim
Good win. I only caught the first half-hour but from what I saw I thought the Gunners looked decent.
Played a very good game overall. Completely dominated in the first half. Spurs picked it up in the second half but Arsenal continued to have their chances as well. Kane hit the woodwork on a free kick, and as your already pointed out we did the same on a couple of occasions. Overall, very exciting game and a good win.

Reactions: TheGLOV and LionJim
Sad to say, my team is complete shite without Grealish. I really, really hope we don’t sell him to Man U this summer.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I believe this is the TV schedule for this weekend:

Saturday
7:30 am EDT -- Man City vs. Leeds United (Peacock)
10:00 am EDT -- Liverpool vs. Aston Villa (NBCSN)
12:30 pm EDT -- Crystal Palace vs. Chelsea (NBC)

Sunday
7:00 am EDT -- Burnley vs. Newcastle United (Peacock)
9:05 am EDT -- West Ham vs. Leicester City (Peacock)
11:30 am EDT -- Spurs. vs. Man United (Peacock)
2:00 pm EDT -- Sheffield United vs. Arsenal (Peacock)

Caveat: my source shows the times in EST. I'm not sure if that's a typo, or if the times I listed above are off by an hour.

Reactions: Alphabets
Leeds takes the lead 1-0 near the end of the 1st half over Man City. An amazing pass to set it up - it went from just outside their defensive 18 to an attacker that was near their offensive 18.

And shortly thereafter, a VAR review changes a yellow to Leeds's Cooper to a red, so Leeds will be playing down a man for half the match. A very tough call.

Villa lucky to be up 1-0 at the half. Liverpool has had plenty of chances and could easily be up 3-1.

VAR overturned what would’ve been a tying goal for Liverpool in first half stoppage. It was pretty ticky tack and as a Villa fan, I thought it should have been a goal.

Last edited:
VAR overturned what would’ve been a tying goal for Liverpool in first half stoppage. It was pretty tacky tack and as a Villa fan, I thought it should have been a goal.

the offsides, at least on the TV replays, was so close that I was surprised it was overturned. Granted, we don't get to see all the angles that VAR has. Tough break for Liverpool.

Leeds takes the lead 1-0 near the end of the 1st half over Man City. An amazing pass to set it up - it went from just outside their defensive 18 to an attacker that was near their offensive 18.
Leeds wins, 2-1.

Amazing pass is right. There were three defenders on the play and that ball absolutely threaded the needle, with the Leeds player getting off the shot at the last possible opportunity. Wow, great goal.

Good soccer. The winning goal was on a rebound after a brilliant save by the AVL keeper, wow. Substandard defending on the rebound and it's 2-1 Reds. But that was a wow wow wow wow save. Wow.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Breaking news: Spurs show Mourhino the door!

May as well give Man City the Carabao Cup today.

See I had the opposite take. A team freed from Mourinho's insanity will be able to lay it on the line and go after City. It is the only way to beat them. Parking the bus (pulling a Mourinho) gave Spurs no chance against City.

See I had the opposite take. A team freed from Mourinho's insanity will be able to lay it on the line and go after City. It is the only way to beat them. Parking the bus (pulling a Mourinho) gave Spurs no chance against City.
Well could be interesting with both Kane and DeBruyne dinged up.

According to the FC channel on SIRIUSXM, the super clubs still want to maintain their presence in their regular leagues. Mid week matches proposed for the super league competition.

According to the FC channel on SIRIUSXM, the super clubs still want to maintain their presence in their regular leagues. Mid week matches proposed for the super league competition.
It's a BS pu$$y move. Basically locking any mid level club out of EUFA or making everyone earn it. Hopefully the backlash stops this nonsense from occuring.

Yeah, that’s what I understand. The article I read surmised that it would kill the Champions League.
It means those super league teams would care less about EPL competition as the super league would mean more to them. Also a response to FIFA and UEFA controlling everything in regards to soccer.

First, I don't follow soccer closely so take my comments for what they're worth. The article said the current leagues would bar the breakaway teams from league competition. The teams seem to be claiming they can't do that. Do the teams really think they can force the leagues to allow them to play?? I don't know the legalities of how the competition is set up however.

At a basic level it seems the breakaway teams are shooting themselves in the foot by destroying public goodwill.

ADVERTISEMENT