ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Sold the dealership Porsche/Audi/VW dealership a few years ago to Thompsons (Toyota/Lexus dealers in Doylestown)... They recently sold Porsche/Audi to Sloane and Fred Beans bought the VW dealership.

BWI, this is really strange. I remember the Holberts at my wife's family gatherings. I remember Bob wearing his gloves. Are you related? Perhaps you were at the same family gatherings back in the day.

BWI, this is really strange. I remember the Holberts at my wife's family gatherings. I remember Bob wearing his gloves. Are you related? Perhaps you were at the same family gatherings back in the day.

Yes he was my uncle (glad people remember how good a driver he was) and his son Al (who most remember racing all over the world) was my cousin. I worked on the pit crews as well growing up.

Reactions: Delco Lion

Penn State lands in elite 2019 linebacker Marcel Brooks' top schools. Brooks is a four-star linebacker from Flower Mound, Texas, and the No. 49 player in the country, according to the 247Sports composite rankings. Alabama, Florida State, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon and Texas are the other eight schools on Brooks' early list. Penn State offered him in May.

Talked to someone with knowledge of St John's in DC this weekend and they think that Shane Lee will eventually choose PSU (even though he's not at St' John's anymore). He'll take his time, but seems to like us the best

Yes he was my uncle (glad people remember how good a driver he was) and his son Al (who most remember racing all over the world) was my cousin. I worked on the pit crews as well growing up.

Did you know Bob's mother's sister Ruth Martin?

Man, would love to see Shrader in Blue and White. Visited twice in the spring.

Shrader looked really sharp during a July 16 camp, where he received consistent attention from Nittany Lions offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead. The 6-5, 200-pound Charlotte Christian standout is the most impressive 2019 East Coast passer I’ve seen in person, and he added an Alabama offer two days later.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Talked to someone with knowledge of St John's in DC this weekend and they think that Shane Lee will eventually choose PSU (even though he's not at St' John's anymore). He'll take his time, but seems to like us the best

According to 247 he's already 6' 240. Don't see how he stays at linebacker.

I was told the way he moves he looks like he can stick there. I'm on record as saying body types dont make a position. If you can play at certain weights or heights then you can play. You are correct though in that he is huge.

I was told the way he moves he looks like he can stick there. I'm on record as saying body types dont make a position. If you can play at certain weights or heights then you can play. You are correct though in that he is huge.

Very impressive. It's early, but he likes PSU.
Would be a massive get at a position of need.

4_5321085.jpg

Shane Lee
Baltimore, MD (St. Frances Academy)

Inside Linebacker
5-Star
    • Ht 6-0
    • Wt 240
    • CLASS OF 19
247Sports Composite

Natl Comp 39

----> Pos ILB 1

St MD 1

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
Compiled a list of some names that I believe we have an above average chance with for the 2019 class to keep an eye on (probably missed a few along the way):

QB - Garrett Shrader - Charlotte, NC
RB - Devyn Ford - Stafford, VA
RB - Jordan Houston - Oakton, VA
WR - DeMarcco Hellams - Hyattsville, MD
WR - Dean Engram - Washington, DC (Son of Bobby Engram)
OG - Caedan Wallace - Princeton, NJ
DE - Brandon Smith - Mineral, VA
DE - Joseph Wete - Washington, DC
DE - Antonio Alfano - Rahway, NJ
DE - Zach Harrison - Lewis Center, OH (5-star, Visited PSU twice, but think he ends up at OSU)
LB - Shane Lee - Baltimore, MD
CB - Cam'Ron Kelly - Chesapeake, VA
CB - Nyquee Hawkins - Orange, NJ
CB - Katon Ellis - State College, PA
S - Jeremiah Gray - Charlotte, NC
ATH - Ronnie Hickman - Wayne, NJ

Compiled a list of some names that I believe we have an above average chance with for the 2019 class to keep an eye on (probably missed a few along the way):

DE - Zach Harrison - Lewis Center, OH (5-star, Visited PSU twice, but think he ends up at OSU)

Stating the obvious but there's some crazy talent in that list. If we hit on half of them we will end up with another top 10 class easily and possibly top our 2018 class.

Reactions: LionJim

Is anyone else concerned about the lack of PA recruits on this list? Is the in-state talent lacking? I want to capitalize on our momentum nationally, but I don't want to take local guys for granted.

As I understand it, it's not just PA. The entire region is somewhat down for 2019.

Is anyone else concerned about the lack of PA recruits on this list? Is the in-state talent lacking? I want to capitalize on our momentum nationally, but I don't want to take local guys for granted.

I think this season will tell a lot about the 2019 class in PA, but as of right now there is a major drop-off from the 2018 PA recruits to the 2019 PA recruits

Could see 2019 LB, Omar Speights from Imhotep Charter in Philly get an offer soon from PSU though.

I noticed that as well. Just one theory...the PA guys, like all of the Northeast, just aren't good football players. They don't have "Southern Speed" and aren't likely to go to SEC schools. In short, ESPN makes a lot more money pimping the guys from SEC territory.

Only 4 4-Star PA recruits on one list.

Our local State College area target is listed as a high 3-Star. Although with Franklin's track record, he could climb in the rankings.

No. Very down year for talent in PA. CJF will get talent where ever it is and for 2019 there is not much that warrants a PSU offer in PA.

Maybe there will be some late bloomers that CJF will identify after the current H.S. season, and then get invites to a Junior Day in January or February, but I hope he leaves the 2 star PA talent for Duzzy......

The Nittany Lions will host one of their top cornerback targets in the Class of 2019 on Saturday, and he won’t have to get up early to beat the traffic. State College (Pa.) native Keaton Ellis plans to be on hand this weekend.

A three-star prospect, Ellis is the only offered uncommitted player expected to be on hand. He also visited twice last week. The Nittany Lions lead on the 247Sports Crystal Ball with all six predictions.

The Nittany Lions expect a much bigger group next weekend when they host Pittsburgh.

This kid plays for Louisa HS here in Va..saw him play a few times and the kid is just a flat out beast. Last year I saw Matos, Rivers, and Smith all play and Smith was every bit as good as Matos...if not better

Listen to this interview. Friedman asks about all his top 5 schools, brings up Penn State's depth chart as a negative. Only negative statement he made for any of the schools. What's Ohio State's running back depth chart look like with Dobbins set to start for 3 years? These f'g guys.

Yes, noticed that as well. Where did the interviewer go to school and/or where is he from?

ADVERTISEMENT