ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

To me, someone who seems to actively avoid the limelight, has a relatively low profile on twitter, and talks repeatedly about wanting to feel part of a family and caring about how a school is off the field seems to fit in much better at PSU than OSU.

This is exactly the same way Tyreke Smith acted last year. I’m not saying Harrison is going to tOSU or not, but I think it’s an uphill battle.

Last Ohio State quote for the day:

BucksHave7
PSU's only identity is football and thats all they have.

91872_h.jpg

Powered by the wrestling team’s seventh NCAA championship in the past eight years, the Nittany Lions are No. 2 in the final Learfield Directors’ Cup winter standings, maintaining their No. 2 ranking after the fall sports season. Stanford leads the Directors’ Cup and is followed by Penn State (889.25 points), Michigan (881.5), Ohio State (830.75).

Please take this opportunity to remember that Penn State has the most team national championships among big ten schools.

I'll google a players hometown sometimes if I've never heard of it. Mineral, Va. is a really, really, small town. Seems
like a great kid. State College to some is a cow pasture. To some kids it may seem like a city.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mineral,_Virginia
Ive been going there once a year or so for the last 10 years. Lake Anna is there.usually spend a long weekend there trying to fool the bass.

This year, it's the weekend of the Pitt game.

Story about another Harbaugh/Michigan recruiting f-up.

"As for the Belleville duo, the coach is a UM fan and even Sam Webb stated UM messed up with 5* OT Dobbs and have been trying to dig themselves out of that hole ever since."

"Our biggest weakness is and has been OT. The football gods blessed us with not one but two 5 star OTs in our own backyard. They're the 2nd and 3rd highest rated tackles in the entire country. Striking out on both of these guys is a major in-state recruiting fail. You can justify this with any excuses that make you feel better but that does not change the fact we messed up here."

Dobbs high school coach on twitter

Dobbs probbaly won't wind up at PSU, but he definitely isn't going to Michigan at a position which is a dire need for Michigan in the 2019 class. Bad loss for Michigan and it's a bad look for Harbaugh who may in a make it or break it situation this year.

Dobbs probbaly won't wind up at PSU, but he definitely isn't going to Michigan at a position which is a dire need for Michigan in the 2019 class. Bad loss for Michigan and it's a bad look for Harbaugh who may in a make it or break it situation this year.

Penn State is in great shape at tackle. Asiedu and Walker were Top 100 players last year, and I'll bet we end up with Whigan and Moore (possibly Truss though he may not decide in time, we hold 100% of his CBs) this year.

Note about Zach Harrison

Position: Defensive End
247Sports Composite: No. 2

A standout pass rusher from the Midwest, Harrison’s recruitment is currently a three-horse race between the big three in the Big Ten East: Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan. The Buckeyes hold 100 percent of the Crystal Ball predictions at the moment, but Harrrison’s decision timetable is up in the air, giving the other two plenty of time to close the gap. Harrison, the No. 1 overall prospect in the 247Sports rankings, took unofficial visits to all three schools this spring plus Clemson – the fourth team in his top 4.

Wiltfong’s Read: “I think it’s really tight. You’ve got Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan in the thick of it in my opinion. The Buckeyes are the Crystal Ball favorite, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he went to Penn State. He’s got another big visit to Michigan coming up, so we’ll see ...”

Interesting Fact: In an era of Twitter top 5s and commitment videos, Harrison’s Twitter account is private with only 832 followers. He told Cleveland.com previously that teams have to change their approach recruiting him because, “I’m not one to get hyped up over pictures of me in their jersey.”

Note about Zach Harrison

Position: Defensive End
247Sports Composite: No. 2

A standout pass rusher from the Midwest, Harrison’s recruitment is currently a three-horse race between the big three in the Big Ten East: Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan. The Buckeyes hold 100 percent of the Crystal Ball predictions at the moment, but Harrrison’s decision timetable is up in the air, giving the other two plenty of time to close the gap. Harrison, the No. 1 overall prospect in the 247Sports rankings, took unofficial visits to all three schools this spring plus Clemson – the fourth team in his top 4.

Wiltfong’s Read: “I think it’s really tight. You’ve got Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan in the thick of it in my opinion. The Buckeyes are the Crystal Ball favorite, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he went to Penn State. He’s got another big visit to Michigan coming up, so we’ll see ...”

Interesting Fact: In an era of Twitter top 5s and commitment videos, Harrison’s Twitter account is private with only 832 followers. He told Cleveland.com previously that teams have to change their approach recruiting him because, “I’m not one to get hyped up over pictures of me in their jersey.”

I like this young man more and more.

Porter listed as WR in addition to CB on his page, could we take him there?

Also, Gattis definitely working Metchie. Alfano said it was Gattis that made Bama his choice.
I think it has been made clear that Alfano didn't have a green light to commit to PSU. Can't expect him to state that during his commitment piece obviously, but I'm just saying perhaps we are overstating the Gattis effect.

Remember, ole Joe did not pursue Eddie George.

Ah, yeah.

First, Eddie George went to Fork Union for grades 10-12.

Second, he wasn't all that good as a high school prospect. As a senior he had one offer: Edinboro.

George elected to take a post-grad year at FUMA, which is when he began to stand out. OSU was the first on him because they had a bunch of recruits there for other reasons.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I think it has been made clear that Alfano didn't have a green light to commit to PSU. Can't expect him to state that during his commitment piece obviously, but I'm just saying perhaps we are overstating the Gattis effect
Every good recruiter has a relationship with recruits, Franklin with Trace and our new coaches Corley and Seider with theirs.

Reactions: AvgPennStateFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT