ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Agreed. Have any kids gotten away as such, and turned out to be players we really could have used? I can't recall off the top of my head.
WR D.J. Moore from the ‘15 class, from Philadelphia who played at Maryland. He was a first round pick a couple weeks ago and wasn’t offered by CJF.
Mind you in that class we signed twin towers J. Johnson and Irvin Charles along with Trace’s high school teammate Brandon Polk, who were all ranked higher than D.J Moore according to 247 composite.

Reactions: Nittany Security

Somewhat of an interesting development in QB recruiting. I thought after Shrader and Phommachanh committed elsewhere, plus Stevens deciding to return, we would be done in this cycle with Roberson. Although I guess it would be hard to turn away a kid with the measurables of Johnson.

All that being said, it's going to be tough to pull this kid from the west coast.

Reactions: TheGLOV
CJF and Spencer offering 2 DT's this week may mean they already have bad news on Alfano...

May not. as well. They may offer more guys at multiple positions. I am willing to bet anything that they do? Besides...zI see Alfano as a DE not a DT going forward.

lol

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Not sure anyone mentioned this but Wiltfong put in a CB for Smith to PSU

Also, he had this interesting tidbit in a recent article on 247's front page. This is in the context of teams that have had slow recruiting starts but are surely due to climb the rankings in the coming weeks.

“With Penn State and USC, they’re going to get hot,” Wiltfong said. “You know they are. I mean, I crystal balled the No. 2 linebacker in the country, Brandon Smith, to them Wednesday. They’re going to get Devyn Ford, the blue chip running back. James Franklin just had his first ever top 5 class at Penn State. They damned near missed the playoff the last two years. They’re going to make their move.”

Link to the whole article.

Also, he had this interesting tidbit in a recent article on 247's front page. This is in the context of teams that have had slow recruiting starts but are surely due to climb the rankings in the coming weeks.

“With Penn State and USC, they’re going to get hot,” Wiltfong said. “You know they are. I mean, I crystal balled the No. 2 linebacker in the country, Brandon Smith, to them Wednesday. They’re going to get Devyn Ford, the blue chip running back. James Franklin just had his first ever top 5 class at Penn State. They damned near missed the playoff the last two years. They’re going to make their move.”

Link to the whole article.

Looks good. Hopefully this will get JF off the hot seat....

I know OSU hasn't offered him yet
Does anyone have information on this? Why haven't they? You would think at least an offer with contingencies.
A local kid here a few years back had offers from everyone. The one from ohowIhate was if they didn't get their top 2 targets, they would take him, They ended up getting the number 1 OL out of Texas and FLA (I believe) and did not take him.

OL

Johnson is pretty tight with LJ and was hoping an offer was forthcoming from OSU in March. Hopefully he views the lack of a OSU offer as a slight and does verbal with PSU, but like Smith last year, this may be far from over.

Reactions: OhioLion
I know OSU hasn't offered him yet, but can you imagine if we got Harrison and him, getting two out of Columbus in the same year. Whoa!

Ohio State took a whole bunch of DTs last year. I'd be surprised if they offered Johnson. Although maybe they offer late if it looks like he's coming to Penn State. We factor into their calculations on offer timing often.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bmw199
ADVERTISEMENT