ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Five-star RB Devyn Ford talks Ohio State, Virginia Tech, and Penn State

"I've got Penn State this weekend," said Ford. "I'm not sure what I'll see up there this weekend but I'll compare that with Virginia Tech, the environment, the people, the academics, what I would major in, and all that. I'm sure I'll talk to coach Franklin and coach Seider. Nana will be there too. I expect him to recruit me. Now that he is signed, he turns into a recruiter. I'm already hearing it in the school now. I think his word carries a little more weight than other players because I really know him personally, as teammates, and as friends. I can trust in what he says. It does have a big effect on me.

"I still believe everybody is equal in my mind," he said. "Virginia Tech did somethings that I really did like and enjoy. I need to see what the other two schools are doing too. As of right now, Virginia Tech is the one with the momentum. I just want to make sure everybody knows that they are all on the same level right now and there is no real frontrunner right now."

https://n.rivals.com/news/five-star-rb-devyn-ford-talks-ohio-state-virginia-tech-and-penn-state
He may say that, but I doubt he will be a 3rd RB at OSU.

Reactions: TheGLOV
https://n.rivals.com/news/five-star-rb-devyn-ford-talks-ohio-state-virginia-tech-and-penn-state

To make matters worse for Ohio State, Ford was caught off guard by the

Steele Chambers
commitment. The quotes above were from an interview conducted Thursday night prior to Chambers' commitment but after following up today, Ford doesn't mind that Chambers is now a part of Ohio State's 2019 class but he is surprised that the Ohio State coaches didn't let him know they were taking a commitment from Chambers (listed as an athlete but he has made it well-known he prefers to play running back in college). Ohio State let Ford know prior to
Sampson James
commitment and that actually helped build trust between Ohio State and Ford. Ford's camp is now questioning whether or not they can trust Ohio State and that plays right into the hands of Virginia Tech and Penn State.

Urban Meyer
0DMeW_s-200x150.gif

This is awesome - thanks. Best and most important thread on the board every year. I know this is me being lazy and asking a lot, but what are the star rankings for these guys? Some I know but others not so much.

Expecting a big weekend?

Ford, Fleming, Alfano, Bresee, Harrison, Pappoe are 5 stars.

All the rest are 4 stars and if they aren't, they should be (White).

Most of these guys still want to take visits. Just a different vibe with the spring official visits. I try to keep my expectations low. The class will eventually be amazing, but I'm not sure how many will pop this weekend. Probaby Wallace.

Ford, Fleming, Alfano, Bresee, Harrison, Pappoe are 5 stars.

All the rest are 4 stars and if they aren't, they should be (White).

Most of these guys still want to take visits. Just a different vibe with the spring official visits. I try to keep my expectations low. The class will eventually be amazing, but I'm not sure how many will pop this weekend. Probaby Wallace.
I think Wormley will be one of the commits this weekend it just lines up right.

No. I don't think he makes his 3rd trip in such short time upon hearing that news...also that guy is a beast.

Yeah, MVP of the NJ regional opening over Wallace. He can play.
Oh no, I know he's underrated big time. I just meant from what Franklin said last year where he considers the commitment the engagement (or something along those lines in that relationship metaphor), and was possibly told don't commit if you're not done visiting. I expect him to end up a Nittany Lion. Like you said he might be playing people with the ND visit or with the commitment tweet.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Oh no, I know he's underrated big time. I just meant from what Franklin said last year where he considers the commitment the engagement (or something along those lines in that relationship metaphor), and was possibly told don't commit if you're not done visiting. I expect him to end up a Nittany Lion. Like you said he might be playing people with the ND visit or with the commitment tweet.

Wonder if this would matter in his decision.

He just tweeted about taking an ND official visit in June. I mean, I guess he could cancel that but it seems unlikely to me.

Truss has taken a lot of visits. If he is there maybe he drops this w/e.

Screw ND.

I don't think they had an interest in him until he did so well recently or they found out that PSU was really on to something with him.

Oh how I hate them so.

Reactions: lilwashnitfan
Not trying to derail this thread, but man, this kid looks miserable.

I know hes the 2020 class, but heard from coach down here in MD that Bryan Breese the #1 kid in the class really like Bama. Hope he has a great weekend to change that idea.

I know hes the 2020 class, but heard from coach down here in MD that Bryan Breese the #1 kid in the class really like Bama. Hope he has a great weekend to change that idea.

He was in State College Friday, then flew south to be at Georgia's spring game today.

Yeahhhhh.....

ADVERTISEMENT