ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Noah Cain just set up an OV to Tennessee for this coming weekend.

Is this something that we should be concerned about? I'm not saying Cain is a lock to PSU, but I just didn't see Tennessee getting an OV! I thought they were after Gray.

Has there been any talk out there about a possible flip of Harrisburgs Andre White? Maybe this years Jahan Dotson?

In my opinion Andre White is a guy who wouldn’t really move the needle if he weren’t from Harrisburg. He’s a solid 3 Star prospect. Maybe you take him, but he isn’t a must have.

Reactions: Judge Smails
Absolutely false. Nobody ever complains about the staff locking in the 3 stars they like. Keaton Ellis and Roberson this year immediately come to mind. Everyone was happy about them from the jump. Their rankings got bumped up later, but nobody really cares. What's important is that the staff believed in those kids and prioritized them. Players that commit early and avoid all the recruiting nonsense are often undervalued.

There will always be a few who complain about anything less than a 4 star, but your sentiment is correct. When you see the staff go after a kid like Vibert, it's natural to dig a little deeper. He's a project, but he's a project that is drawing interest from stronger programs. If Pitt offered, the laugh would be that they thought they could get a kid who was being seriously pursued by PSU, UF, Oregon, and Nebraska.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">5-star DE Zach Harrison will tweet out his college decision next Wednesday and fax in his NLOI. He isn’t having a ceremony and there will be no interviews, which is consistent with how he’s handled his entire recruitment. down to OSU, UM and PSU. <a href="https://t.co/WnlVMVq0gF">https://t.co/WnlVMVq0gF</a></p>&mdash; Ari Wasserman (@AriWasserman) <a href="">December 11, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I really want to see Dunmore sign. A top 100 player from Florida is a huge get and shows Seider is really going to be able to lure top talent from Florida. Add Cain and we are cooking

I've creeped some Miami boards today and it seems as though their staff was visiting him today/tonight (speculation) - I think we'll know either way if he takes a visit to their campus this weekend or not.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Jakai Moore article on his interview with Philly Sports Network prior to his visit at PSU.

He's narrowed it down to Clemson, South Carolina and PSU, and will visit Clemson on 12/14. Article says he intends to commit on January 19th.

For commit/sign dates, for the ones I am watching, here is an updated list in order of date (not specific time):

Trevor Keegan - 12/14/18
Zach Harrison - 12/19/18
Noah Cain - 12/19/18
Jalen Curry - 12/19/18
Cornelius Johnson - 12/19/19
John Dixon - 12/19/19
Adisa Isaac - no date - listed as an early sign and enrollee - in-home with TAM tomorrow and visit to Cuse this coming weekend
Jakai Moore - 01/19/19
Noa P-Gates - 01/19/19
D'Von Ellis - 01/19/19
Mark Antony Richards - 02/06/19
Jaquaze Sorrells - unknown - thought I read somewhere that it was early January
Jared H-Hunte - still no date - still receiving offers

Go for a third time. Maybe it will become true!!

:confused:

Somewhat similar story to Ojabo, late entry to football, who is a UM commit that CJF very actively was after....
My apologies my phone acted up posting it, guess it posted twice. Silly me, not my job to delete second post.

Doesn't have to come true, it is true of about 70% of posters. If you felt offended by it, then your are probably one of the 7 of 10.‍♂️

I love when people who have no clue speak up so openly. Well done.

Thanks, sorry you offended. Though I'm not sure what I have no clue about. I read it daily on this board, the mockery of other programs getting lower level recruits, specifically our rivals. It was meant for a good laugh, if you offended, you made my point.

I'll continue to speak openly on a discussion forum and won't apologize for calling a spade a spade.

And don't even try to twist this that I'm saying Vilbert isn't adequate. I'm fine with it if our staff is. I don't study high school kids game tape or meet with them, so far anyone to make fun of any program getting prospects that they personally feel aren't good enough because Joe Schmo from a recruiting service is ranking 16-18 year old kids before they develop is a whole other joke in itself.

Reactions: CBird
I'm not sure why you posted this multiple times.

Oregon, Florida, and Nebraska offered so PSU isn't the only school that sees something in Vilbert. That said I agree with your sentiment. I seriously doubt that Harbaugh would trade Harrison for Vilbert.

Didn't say Vilbert wasn't worthy, not about the kid at all or PSU offering. Seems you caught my drift though lol

Moore cancelled his visit with Clemson. Franklin to visit in home Thursday then Muschamp to do the same Friday. It's down to PSU and the Cocks.

This is great news. Judging from his prospect profile he hasn't visited South Carolina in a while? Meanwhile he has been to Happy Valley numerous times. Let's hope things continue to trend our way.

PineIsland is one of many amateur recruiting gurus who post here.
All signs are he’s right, although there really haven’t been many clear signs. Easy to assume UM given he’s down to 3 and CUM is handing the reigns. But if CUM and his Smith saga were the biggest perceived problems for the Bucks, then it’s hometown newbie (Day) v. Weirdo(s) up north (gotta include mcelwain). I’m guessing OSU gets him, especially if LJ promises to stay (not that the promise is worth much), but neither seems as compelling either way as it might have a month ago. So since CJF is neither Newbie nor Weirdo, I’d give PSU a puncher’s chance.

JDM202 -recruiting nobody with minimal insider info

In his senior season, Adisa Isaac recorded 35 TFLs and 25 sacks.

I did not know these details of Adisa Isaac's personal life. Judging from this story it would be hard to see Adisa going anywhere besides PSU or Cuse. College Station and Miami are a long way from home for a kid and a mother that already have a lot on their plate.

I'm glad I read this because he's definitely a kid I'll be rooting for regardless of where he ends up playing his college ball.

All signs are he’s right, although there really haven’t been many clear signs. Easy to assume UM given he’s down to 3 and CUM is handing the reigns. But if CUM and his Smith saga were the biggest perceived problems for the Bucks, then it’s hometown newbie (Day) v. Weirdo(s) up north (gotta include mcelwain). I’m guessing OSU gets him, especially if LJ promises to stay (not that the promise is worth much), but neither seems as compelling either way as it might have a month ago. So since CJF is neither Newbie nor Weirdo, I’d give PSU a puncher’s chance.

JDM202 -recruiting nobody with minimal insider info
I haven't heard one guru from PSU, OSU, or UM that thinks PSU is it. Most tend to think it's UM, but wouldn't be surprised it turned out another way.

I did not know these details of Adisa Isaac's personal life. Judging from this story it would be hard to see Adisa going anywhere besides PSU or Cuse. College Station and Miami are a long way from home for a kid and a mother that already have a lot on their plate.

I'm glad I read this because he's definitely a kid I'll be rooting for regardless of where he ends up playing his college ball.

The article said the family would move with him if he went further away.

I haven't heard one guru from PSU, OSU, or UM that thinks PSU is it. Most tend to think it's UM, but wouldn't be surprised it turned out another way.
Agreed. On both. Most signs point towards UM, and the absence of announcement suggests not OSU. But... who knows!! Easy bet is it’s not PSU.

Reactions: ELDADDY and TheGLOV
Yes, I read that. But wouldn't one think that it would be extremely difficult to move a family of 5 with 3 differently-abled children to Texas or Miami from New York?

Yeah, I would think so. I was just pointing out that the article said that they were willing to do it.

Wonder what if anything Don Brown leaving Michigan would do to Harrison.
It seems like (from the little we've heard directly from Harrison) Al Washington is more of a factor than Brown in Harrison's recruitment - though, I suppose, Washington came up under Brown and could always follow him if he does end up taking another job.

What's interesting to me is how much it seemed that Morehead moving on was used against us last year in recruiting battles yet you barely hear a peep about Brown or Schiano moving on from Mich and OSU from recruits. Are they being kept in the dark on the interviews?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT