ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Northwestern just built a brand new training facility that ran over a quarter of a bil, funded by donations. No, Franklin isn't talking to hear himself speak. But Sandy is too busy trying to build swimming holes and tennis facilities, you know, stuff for sports that will never make a dime and that football pays for.
In 2011 I took a tour of the Lasch Building. I was shocked at how run down it was. The team meeting room was was like a high school meeting room. Hardly any branding. Broken down chairs and an 80s projection system.
And as you walked through the place paint was chipping off the walls and carpeting was old and tired looking.
I'm shocked Joe and our incompetent ADs allowed our facilities to degrade to this level. We've made some improvements and some of the recruiting photos are testament to that but we have a long way to go. Lasch is too small so I'm not sure what they can do about space. And I'm not sure but a good source said Pegula was going to make a major gift and most of it was going to football. However, he then purchased the Bills and so the donation never happened.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Many would be laughing at Harbaugh or Douchey for taking Vilbert. But coming to PSU, he's the next freak. Some of you guys crack me up in this thread lol
I'm not sure why you posted this multiple times.

Oregon, Florida, and Nebraska offered so PSU isn't the only school that sees something in Vilbert. That said I agree with your sentiment. I seriously doubt that Harbaugh would trade Harrison for Vilbert.

I'm not sure why you posted this multiple times.

Oregon, Florida, and Nebraska offered so PSU isn't the only school that sees something in Vilbert. That said I agree with your sentiment. I seriously doubt that Harbaugh would trade Harrison for Vilbert.

Harrison committed to Michigan? When did that happen?

Vilbert is an athletic freak and from watching his Hudl vid’s, if he commits to PSU, Coach Chaos has a lot of material to work with. I think 2 years in the weightroom and getting good coaching, this kid is gonna develop

Vilbert hasn't committed to PSU either.

He was pointing out that your comment about Harbaugh trading Harrison did not make sense, since he can't trade what he does not have..... Everyone here knows that Vilbert is uncommitted, and so is Harrison.

In 2011 I took a tour of the Lasch Building. I was shocked at how run down it was. The team meeting room was was like a high school meeting room. Hardly any branding. Broken down chairs and an 80s projection system.
And as you walked through the place paint was chipping off the walls and carpeting was old and tired looking.
I'm shocked Joe and our incompetent ADs allowed our facilities to degrade to this level. We've made some improvements and some of the recruiting photos are testament to that but we have a long way to go. Lasch is too small so I'm not sure what they can do about space. And I'm not sure but a good source said Pegula was going to make a major gift and most of it was going to football. However, he then purchased the Bills and so the donation never happened.
It’s just another example of how sad it is that Joe stayed way past his ability to oversee a major program. I’m guessing he didn’t even notice that PSU was falling behind.

People who deride PSU’s recruiting are laughable. PSU hasn’t recruited at this level since the mid-90s.
I didn't deride PSU's recruiting. I said there must be something to this kid or else Fla, Oregon, and Nebraska wouldn't have offered.

I merely supported the notion that many would mock Pitt for getting a kid with this rating.

Last edited:
It’s just another example of how sad it is that Joe stayed way past his ability to oversee a major program. I’m guessing he didn’t even notice that PSU was falling behind.
Of course he noticed. That's why he made his appeal to DWill. Joe was just too stubborn to quit. He wanted to win one more time.

No doubt he stayed too long. Actually it's amazing how well he hung in. 11 wins in 2005, 2008, and 2009. 9-1 when he got fired in 2011 and a legit shot at a BiG title in 2012 if not for Freeh agency (Fortt, Brown, Redd, Fera).

I didn't deride PSU's recruiting. I said there must be something to this kid or else Fla, Oregon, and Nebraska wouldn't have offered.

You said you agreed with the other poster’s sentiment, which was that PSU should be recruiting at a higher level.

You said you agreed with the other poster’s sentiment, which was that PSU should be recruiting at a higher level.
That wasn't his sentiment. He said that many would mock Nardouchie for getting a kid with this rating. I agree with that.

OL - Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech
247Sports Composite: No. 1848 Natl, No. 171 OT

Had PSU offered this guy last year. and he accepted .... all you geniuses would have committed HariKari and PSU would have a great starting freshman OL. God, why couldn't we be so doubly blessed,

And who was going to pay for all of that stuff? Twenty-nine (at the time) teams cost a lot of money to run. Notice how the facilities master plan is running like gangbusters.

Reactions: Omar81
That wasn't his sentiment. He said that many would mock Nardouchie for getting a kid with this rating. I agree with that.

You also said that Harbaugh wouldn’t “trade” Harrison for Vilbert (despite not having a commitment from Harrison, and thus not being in a position to “trade” anything). The implication is that you think PSU should be aiming higher than Vilbert.

Being a NJ resident I can attest to the high end freak talent that this state produces year in year out. Usually there are two freak shows each year, it's just a matter of identifying them. To give everyone some perspective Josh Allen ( the defensive player of the year in college football ) was a 2 star from Montclair listed as a 6'5" 260 lb OLB, every case is unique but Vilbert had potential freak show measurables. Extremely high ceiling.

He went to Montclair High? I live 5 minutes from the school and don’t remember this kid at all. Over the last few years one kid went to OSU, a QB went to Temple and Jared Odrick’s half bro to Rutgers those were about the biggest D1 placements

ESPN's JC50 ranks Anthony Whigan No. 3 and Jaquan Brisker No. 18 among Class of 2019 junior college players.

New article highlights a few players, including ...
OT Anthony Whigan: The Penn State commitment checks in at No. 3 in the rankings with the ability to play right or left tackle for James Franklin. Whigan is adept in pass protection with quick feet, lateral agility, very good balance when contacted and the body quickness needed to play on the island against high-level edge rushers. The Lackawanna College tackle has the first- and second-step quickness, flexibility, agility and toughness to be a positive factor in the run game as well."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-jc-50-prospects-impact-college-football-most

Is there any concrete info out there on Dunmore? Besides the Miami article where he stated he was ready to sign with PSU on the 19th. Just a lot of speculation right now on the web but it sounds like the staff is going to have to fight for this one until the last moments.

Not sure which article you are referring to, but yep, I saw an article that 3 of his teammates are committed to Miami and are trying to flip him soon. He was apparently wearing Miami gloves at his game last weekend with Seider on hand to see him. Hopefully this isn't the case, there's rumblings that he may be visiting The U this weekend. I hope not... this kid is special.

Reactions: BUFFALO LION
Not sure which article you are referring to, but yep, I saw an article that 3 of his teammates are committed to Miami and are trying to flip him soon. He was apparently wearing Miami gloves at his game last weekend with Seider on hand to see him. Hopefully this isn't the case, there's rumblings that he may be visiting The U this weekend. I hope not... this kid is special.

One clue that normally is helpful is their twitter activity, following and liking. Dunmore created a new twitter account recently and he followed about 3x as many PSU accounts (coaches, PSU verbals) as Miami accounts. Think we still have a good shot to hold on to him.

Doug Nester is ranked #92 overall on the 247 composite...Nester is apparently still going to take OV's in January even after visiting OSU this w/e. Good sign.

From the OSU elevenwarriors board. Birm is a OSU recruiting writer.

In regards to Doug Nester Birm said PSU, Virginia tech, and Georgia are the concerns. He said Ryan Day has done a great job with every 2019 commit including Jordan Battle, but Nester is the outlier. PSU feels they are in a good spot and Georgia is concerning with the way they have taken anybody they want on the Oline.

Belliott 21 HOURS AGO
Bill Greene on the BM5 thinks nester goes elsewhere.

Spartan13 18 HOURS AGO
Why does Bill Greene think Nester is going to flip? Is it over uncertainty over who the Oline coach will be?

Last edited:
OL - Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech
247Sports Composite: No. 1848 Natl, No. 171 OT

Had PSU offered this guy last year. and he accepted .... all you geniuses would have committed HariKari and PSU would have a great starting freshman OL. God, why couldn't we be so doubly blessed,
Absolutely false. Nobody ever complains about the staff locking in the 3 stars they like. Keaton Ellis and Roberson this year immediately come to mind. Everyone was happy about them from the jump. Their rankings got bumped up later, but nobody really cares. What's important is that the staff believed in those kids and prioritized them. Players that commit early and avoid all the recruiting nonsense are often undervalued.

If the staff flips a bunch of G5 "3 stars" on signing day after whiffing on their real targets it's a different story and it should be. That said, Franklin seems elite at having backup plans to backup plans. This is in stark contrast to the twilight Paterno era where they wouldn't even bother filling the classes if things fell apart at the end lol.

In his senior season, Adisa Isaac recorded 35 TFLs and 25 sacks.

Penn State: “To start off, my official visit I went up for the White Out game. That game was electric. It gave me a feel for all the coaches and players up there and how I’d be utilized in their style of play. That game showed me what Penn State is about with the fans and atmosphere. It fits me education wise. I know my position coach (Sean Spencer) very well. He used to coach my high school coach. We have a great relationship. He treats his players well. I feel like I’d be taken care of there.

His mother: " Then we did Penn State and the program was also a strong program. It had a lot of aspects as well as the others. The academics were tremendous. They have a great program. "

Penn State: “To start off, my official visit I went up for the White Out game. That game was electric. It gave me a feel for all the coaches and players up there and how I’d be utilized in their style of play. That game showed me what Penn State is about with the fans and atmosphere. It fits me education wise. I know my position coach (Sean Spencer) very well. He used to coach my high school coach. We have a great relationship. He treats his players well. I feel like I’d be taken care of there.

His mother: " Then we did Penn State and the program was also a strong program. It had a lot of aspects as well as the others. The academics were tremendous. They have a great program. "

At 210 pounds, what are the chances that Isaac play LB in college?

Has there been any talk out there about a possible flip of Harrisburgs Andre White? Maybe this years Jahan Dotson?

Has there been any talk out there about a possible flip of Harrisburgs Andre White? Maybe this years Jahan Dotson?
Dotson became available last year primarily because of the UCLA coaching change. Considering Jimbo's the one who recruited him, I don't think we'll really push too hard for it and I don't think A&M will cut him loose. It looks like we're pretty content with Smith and Dixon at linebacker this cycle.

Reactions: ralphster
ADVERTISEMENT