ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

December 7 becoming a big visit date ahead of the 12/19 Early Signing Period. We're scheduled to have:

Jared Hunte- 247 update talked about a Jan MSU visit which would mean he's not signing early as previously stated
Smith Vilbert- late riser, also going to Oregon 11/30 and Florida 1/11
Joey Porter Jr- verbal
Cornelius Johnson- Been quiet, I'm guessing the #2 WR on our board (Jalen Curry?). Has OV lined up to Michigan on 12/14, also looking at ND and Stanford
Jakai Moore- old friend seems to be down to us and Clemson (official 11/24), plans to sign early

Adisa Issac taking an OV to Miami this weekend, think we're officially in the danger zone on him

Hunte to MSU doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I think he pulls the trigger after his visit to the Good Guys and cancels the MSU trip. I also think Isaac winds up with us. a trip to a warm place is a pleasant thing, but when he gets serious about where he goes to school, I have to believe he picks us. Clemson is at 24 commits right now, but it appears they have only 1 OL for this recruiting cycle, so far as Moore is concerned.

Reactions: eidolon21
It looks like Sterling Jenkins is leaving the program after this season, so I'd assume another scholarship is available if needed for this class.

Reactions: TheGLOV
It looks like Sterling Jenkins is leaving the program after this season, so I'd assume another scholarship is available if needed for this class.
It’s a shame that he never ended up developing/playing here. I still remember how happy I was when he and Wimbush both verbally committed within a couple of days in the spring of 2014. When he verbally committed he was a high 4star, top 100 recruit. Of course as his senior season went on his ranking just kept dropping and dropping and dropping...

December 7 becoming a big visit date ahead of the 12/19 Early Signing Period. We're scheduled to have:

Jared Hunte- 247 update talked about a Jan MSU visit which would mean he's not signing early as previously stated
Smith Vilbert- late riser, also going to Oregon 11/30 and Florida 1/11
Joey Porter Jr- verbal
Cornelius Johnson- Been quiet, I'm guessing the #2 WR on our board (Jalen Curry?). Has OV lined up to Michigan on 12/14, also looking at ND and Stanford
Jakai Moore- old friend seems to be down to us and Clemson (official 11/24), plans to sign early

Adisa Issac taking an OV to Miami this weekend, think we're officially in the danger zone on him
Lots of chatter in Houston about Curry following his high school QB to Arizona.

Reactions: cjrugger
It’s a shame that he never ended up developing/playing here. I still remember how happy I was when he and Wimbush both verbally committed within a couple of days in the spring of 2014. When he verbally committed he was a high 4star, top 100 recruit. Of course as his senior season went on his ranking just kept dropping and dropping and dropping...
Jenkins was a gamble from the start. Size and ability to move that you can’t teach but really hadn’t shown anything on the field even in HS. It’s pretty telling when a kid this size is not even an all-star selection in their league in HS. He’s a great kid by all accounts but just never really a football player. Worth the scholarship up front because some guys like that pan out and the light goes on. But also good that he’s graduating and giving up that scholly with time remaining since his future is not in football. But a PSU degree will serve him well.

In other words, some of these are silent verbals who just want to see OSU vs. Michigan. That's cool. I'd do the same.

I worked with a cousin of his who was also a highly recruited player a while ago. He basically said Sterling just was not agrressive or mean enough to play at this level. A great kid with the ability but not the demeanor.

John Dunmore visited Miami earlier this week. Not sure if it warrants a tremendous amount of worry, but a potential de-commitment has been speculated since he committed over the summer.

John Dunmore visited Miami earlier this week. Not sure if it warrants a tremendous amount of worry, but a potential de-commitment has been speculated since he committed over the summer.
He lives 30 minutes from campus so visiting is no big deal... now if it were UCF, UF, or FSU that would be news.

Bell, Ellies, Harrison, and Harrison-Hunte at OSU today. Well they aren't going to see a disappointed crowd leaving the stadium. Bell has to love what he is seeing. I hope he doesn't sign in December, unless it is with us. Maybe ol' Haskins decides to go the the NFL after this year or Meyer decides to retire. Wither Larry Johnson Sr if Meyer leaves? A lot for the other kids to think about too.

Bell, Ellies, Harrison, and Harrison-Hunte at OSU today. Well they aren't going to see a disappointed crowd leaving the stadium. Bell has to love what he is seeing. I hope he doesn't sign in December, unless it is with us. Maybe ol' Haskins decides to go the the NFL after this year or Meyer decides to retire. Wither Larry Johnson Sr if Meyer leaves? A lot for the other kids to think about too.
Short of a last minute change, Bell cancelled his tOSU visit earlier this week.

With Michigan already having 3 highly rated DE's in this class, I wonder if JF is keeping in contact with Ojabo in hopes of flipping him?

With Michigan already having 3 highly rated DE's in this class, I wonder if JF is keeping in contact with Ojabo in hopes of flipping him?

I have little doubt that Franklin and staff are covering every base when it comes to recruiting. I'm excited to see how this class closes.

Reactions: ELDADDY
Nice to see Michigan processing some of their verbals a month to early signing day again.

Have a feeling that it was not Mr. Woods decision to decommit from Michigan last week, with his other offers including Akron, Ball State, Bowling Green.

Especially when he is "liking" other peoples' tweets suggesting that Michigan pulled his scholarship.

Gotta make room for Zach Harrison somehow, I guess.

https://247sports.com/player/tyrece-woods-46036684/

Nice to see Michigan processing some of their verbals a month to early signing day again.

Have a feeling that it was not Mr. Woods decision to decommit from Michigan last week, with his other offers including Akron, Ball State, Bowling Green.

Especially when he is "liking" other peoples' tweets suggesting that Michigan pulled his scholarship.

Gotta make room for Zach Harrison somehow, I guess.

https://247sports.com/player/tyrece-woods-46036684/

Was hoping the early signing period would help with this. Harbaugh is more of a front-end processor unlike Saban. Should be a framework in place to allow kids to sign their offers when they get them - not on some arbitrary date down the road. This would give coaches less incentive to offer 'Plan B' kids and take away some of their leverage. As it stands, sure, a top flight kid can flip whenever he wants and the school is screwed, but would give some players a clearer view of what their true options are - no offer to sign, maybe look elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT