ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

giphy.gif
The douche responds.

Didn't Micah also wear them for a game? And name his dog Brut;us?

We got goddamn lucky that OSU had that recruiting violation with parading Micah up on the set of Gameday. I can't remember all the ins and outs and ass coverings that followed, but Micah's Dad at the minimum indicated that OSU stopped contacting the Parsons for an extended period after that incident.

Bottom line, there were a whole bunch of fortunate occurrences for Penn State that resulted in Parsons coming here. Probably not an example we want to hang our hat on.

We got goddamn lucky that OSU had that recruiting violation with parading Micah up on the set of Gameday. I can't remember all the ins and outs and ass coverings that followed, but Micah's Dad at the minimum indicated that OSU stopped contacting the Parsons for an extended period after that incident.

Bottom line, there were a whole bunch of fortunate occurrences for Penn State that resulted in Parsons coming here. Probably not an example we want to hang our hat on.

Seems right. One fortunate occurrence for both is living within a relatively short distance from the PSU campus, and having friends and relatives who prefer to see them nearby. Safe to say that Catawissa, PA is Penn State country.

Oh, yeah, and we're also fortunate each is recruited by James Franklin.

It seems like Ohio St tries to buy any top 10 overall recruit from PA. Prior, Parsons, now Fleming. I think they know that we are their biggest long term threat and taking an elite player from PA is like winning twice on the trail. They aren't above buying guys states, Florida, California, Nevada, Colorado, Texas, but if they can purchase a player that would potentially play for their biggest threat then bonus.

Sounds like Noah Cain's commitment is going to come down to where the running back dominoes fall. John Emery, a 5 star RB, who recently decommitted from Georgia, is poised to commit to LSU, who is one of Cain's favorite programs. Trey Sanders, a 5 star RB, who is Cain's teammate at IMG, is flirting with the top SEC programs and Texas, who is another of Cain's favorite programs. Sanders is announcing on Dec. 19th, and with Emery's recent decommitment, he will probably drag his commitment out, which may push Cain's commitment out too. Sounds like Cain's mother and Noah are a fan of PSU, but similar to the Marcus Lattimore recruitment of 10 years ago, it's going to be hard to get a top southern running back out of the south.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Has anyone seen any publicized information on how D'von Ellies official visit went this past weekend? I know one poster on here said they heard through a McDonogh high school source that D'von Ellies was poised to commit to PSU on his official visit, but we have not heard any official information on that yet.

If we believed everyone with inside information ( even if well meaning ) we would be crazier then we already are.

Reactions: furfoot
If we believed everyone with inside information ( even if well meaning ) we would be crazier then we already are.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT