ADVERTISEMENT

2019 PSU WVB Thread

It's weird seeing a Pitt team which is legitimately good at something. Maybe one of these years they'll win Pitt's first NCAA championship in ANY sport.
They are a good team but their schedule is less than demanding. I expect that will hurt them in the tournament. I think they may get to the sweet 16 but no further.

Big weekend at home after Thanksgiving as the Lions host Wisconsin and Minnesota. Don't know how the tie-breakers would work, but could be a few 2-loss teams at the top (and thinking Nebraska has the inside track at the auto bid, not that it really matters!).

Reactions: TheGLOV
So... Wisconsin has 1 loss in conference (plays @ Rutgers, @PSU), Minnesota has 3 losses (same, lol - @ Rutgers, @PSU alternate days), and Nebraska (Maryland, OSU) and PSU each have two losses. So, unless PSU upsets Wisconsin, Wisconsin wins the conference. If PSU sweeps the weekend (tall order), then it looks like a 3-way tie for co-champs.

Edit: Missed a big match occurring later today - Wisconsin/Nebraska! So, more shakeup to come. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2atpsu
So... Wisconsin has 1 loss in conference (plays @ Rutgers, @PSU), Minnesota has 3 losses (same, lol - @ Rutgers, @PSU alternate days), and Nebraska (Maryland, OSU) and PSU each have two losses. So, unless PSU upsets Wisconsin, Wisconsin wins the conference. If PSU sweeps the weekend (tall order), then it looks like a 3-way tie for co-champs.

Come on, ladies! Give me an ASS. BEATING. :eek: !

Reactions: NittanyLionFan

Edit: Missed a big match occurring later today - Wisconsin/Nebraska! So, more shakeup to come. :)

Wisconsin swept Nebraska. We can tie Wisconsin for the championship by beating both Wisconsin and Minnesota next weekend.

Not that it really matters but we can win the NCAA auto-bid with 3-0 sweeps of both Wisconsin and Minnesota. If we beat Wisconsin 3-1 and sweep Minnesota, then we would need Rutgers to win one set against Wisconsin on Saturday for us to win the auto-bid tiebreaker..Anything less and Wisconsin gets the auto-bid.

Reminder - ginormous match versus Wisconsin on BTN now.
11-9 lead.

Lost first one 25-17.
I can’t and won’t try to break down the game. But, I can say this with confidence - Wisconsin is pretty darn good.
12-8 second game.

OL

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
There are people in concession lines here in Rec Hall that won’t get their food before this is over. Lost 25-15 in the 2nd set. Embarrassing!!

Gorrell has grown quite a bit on the outside this season. She was playing like a middle on the outside earlier in the year and now she plays it like she belongs there. Great win and a great year no matter how tomorrow goes. One of Russ’s better coaching jobs and that is saying something with his career.

Big win! What a comeback- dropped the first two, dominated the third, staved off a Wisky comeback in the fourth, and rallied well in the fifth. Wisconsin has looked unstoppable starting around midway of the second set against PSU earlier this season. Very happy for the team and Russ!

As others pointed out, PSU clinches a share of the B1G title if they beat Minnesota tomorrow. Now, I just have to convince some family members to stick around after the football game. :) Hopefully the snow will hold off!

Go State!

Big win! What a comeback- dropped the first two, dominated the third, staved off a Wisky comeback in the fourth, and rallied well in the fifth. Wisconsin has looked unstoppable starting around midway of the second set against PSU earlier this season. Very happy for the team and Russ!

As others pointed out, PSU clinches a share of the B1G title if they beat Minnesota tomorrow. Now, I just have to convince some family members to stick around after the football game. :) Hopefully the snow will hold off!

Go State!
Rec hall was crazy. Just like the good old days. Amazing comeback and amazing coaching!!!

Russ’s feel for the game is amazing. In Set 5 near the end he brings in Brooklyn Hill, who has played very little this year, to serve and she takes the team on a nice little run. Great for her confidence and as incentive for bench players to always be ready to go. Really happy for this team.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT