ADVERTISEMENT

2019 PSU Schedule: How many opponents will PSU face with new head coaches?

PeetzPoolBoy

Sep 24, 2013
Aug. 31 IDAHO
Sep. 7 BUFFALO
Sep. 14 PITTSBURGH
Sep. 21 BYE
Sep. 28 @ Maryland
Oct. 5 PURDUE
Oct. 12 @ Iowa
Oct. 19 MICHIGAN
Oct. 26 @ Michigan State
Nov. 2 BYE
Nov. 9 @ Minnesota
Nov. 16 INDIANA
Nov. 23 @ Ohio State
Nov. 30 RUTGERS

I can see changes at Maryland, Purdue (Brohm --> Louisville), Rutgers and possibly Ohio State (if Urbs retires), Pittsburgh (if Pitt wins their Division, the Dooz might be a candidate for a more prestigious job elsewhere) and Buffalo (if Liepold gets a better offer).

Last edited:
Aug. 31 IDAHO
Sep. 7 BUFFALO
Sep. 14 PITTSBURGH
Sep. 21 BYE
Sep. 28 @ Maryland
Oct. 5 PURDUE
Oct. 12 @ Iowa
Oct. 19 MICHIGAN
Oct. 26 @ Michigan State
Nov. 2 BYE
Nov. 9 @ Minnesota
Nov. 16 INDIANA
Nov. 23 @ Ohio State
Nov. 30 RUTGERS

I can see changes at Maryland, Purdue (Brohm --> Louisville), Rutgers and possibly Ohio State (if Urbs retires), Pittsburgh (if Pitt wins their Division, the Dooz might be a candidate for a more prestigious job elsewhere) and Buffalo (if Liepold gets a better offer).

I'm not convinced Maryland makes a move. Canada's done a solid job considering all the pressure he's been under but it could happen.
Brohm to Louisville seems likely. Leipold definitely should get a look from someone somewhere.
Narduzzi's sitting tight waiting for the Michigan State job that likely will never come
Ryan Day may be coaching Ohio State.
Not sure what Rutgers does with Ash. Does anyone want the Rutgers job? Indiana and Rutgers are probably in the bottom 4 of "attractive" jobs in P5 along with Kansas & Oregon State.
I know PJ Fleck hasn't done much of anything at Purdue but I wouldn't be shocked to see him get a look at a better school than Minnesota.

It's truly unfathomable how bad the ACC Coastal is this year - with no signs of getting better. Not that anyone with any knowledge of the game would ever offer Narduzzi a better job, but he would be even dumber than I thought if he left that division.

It's truly unfathomable how bad the ACC Coastal is this year - with no signs of getting better. Not that anyone with any knowledge of the game would ever offer Narduzzi a better job, but he would be even dumber than I thought if he left that division.

I think you guys are overestimating ADs but I do agree he's not leaving Pitt. He can win 7 games at Pitt and stay as long as he wants. Especially if he keeps pulling up one major upset most years. Even if he can't beat UNC :)

Maybe Buffalo. Last three years under their coach: 2-10, 6-6 and 9-1 this year so far.

Aug. 31 IDAHO - No idea
Sep. 7 BUFFALO - No idea
Sep. 14 PITTSBURGH- As of now, they are in the ACCCCG - doubt they separate from Duzz, although he may leap at an opportunity (Kansas, anyone?)
Sep. 21 BYE - They need a new coach.
Sep. 28 @ Maryland - Yes.
Oct. 5 PURDUE - Better than 50% right now.
Oct. 12 @ Iowa - Ha! You thought Joe hung around PSU too long....
Oct. 19 MICHIGAN - If there is a change, it's because Jimmah left for an NFL gig. Ann Arbor is willing to do him like a crack whore right now.
Oct. 26 @ Michigan State - No.
Nov. 2 BYE - Yes, and a new AD since BYE scheduled PSU twice in one season.
Nov. 9 @ Minnesota - I think they Row the Boat one more year.
Nov. 16 INDIANA - He is close to getting them to a bowl game, and a chance at the Old Oaken Bucket. Hell, if he beats Michigan by some miracle, they may let him throw a chair across the football field.
Nov. 23 @ Ohio State - No, unless Zach Smiths ex-wife's best friend's soon to be former husband puts Urbs out in front of himself for protection.
Nov. 30 RUTGERS - Why? Where would Ash go and more importantly- where would Rutgers go?

Wow, just noticed that only 2 or maybe 3 of those teams will be ranked in preseason top 25 next year. PSU should make a run at the playoff.

I'm not convinced Maryland makes a move. Canada's done a solid job considering all the pressure he's been under but it could happen.
Brohm to Louisville seems likely. Leipold definitely should get a look from someone somewhere.
Narduzzi's sitting tight waiting for the Michigan State job that likely will never come
Ryan Day may be coaching Ohio State.
Not sure what Rutgers does with Ash. Does anyone want the Rutgers job? Indiana and Rutgers are probably in the bottom 4 of "attractive" jobs in P5 along with Kansas & Oregon State.
I know PJ Fleck hasn't done much of anything at Purdue but I wouldn't be shocked to see him get a look at a better school than Minnesota.
Michigan State will never make Narduzzi head coach. He can't recruit. They might take him back as defensive coordinator. I doubt that any Division 1 school would make Narduzzi head coach because of his inability to recruit.

Spectacular home schedule: Idaho, Buffalo, Pitt, Purdue, Michigan, Indiana, Rutgers...and 2 bye weeks?!?!

Rutgers can't get rid of Rob Ash. The brain trust signed him to a guaranteed 6 year extension. So firing him would mean paying 8 million plus the cost of a new HC.

Michigan State will never make Narduzzi head coach. He can't recruit. They might take him back as defensive coordinator. I doubt that any Division 1 school would make Narduzzi head coach because of his inability to recruit.

Hence "likely will never come". I believe that he believes he gets that job.

tumblr_nu9l6fN3CX1qcra2do1_500.png

Reactions: john4psu
Rutgers can't get rid of Rob Ash. The brain trust signed him to a guaranteed 6 year extension. So firing him would mean paying 8 million plus the cost of a new HC.

They can pay him with NJ state income tax credits.:rolleyes:

Reactions: RU31trap
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT