ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Phillies thread

Haven’t read the article, but I do find it odd that they don’t mention in that lead-in that Mickey Mantle and Joe Dimmagio did share an outfield together.

I took it to mean two guys who shared an outfield while they were both in their prime. 1951 was DiMaggio's final season and Mantle's first. Neither was near their prime.

Agreed, but it sounds like Trout really wants to play in front of family while still at the pinnacle of his career not at the very end.
What if its not trout that says no thanks? He will be 29, which is likely past the pinnacle of his career. Will the Phillies be willing to offer if he wants a bigger contract than Harper?

Agreed, but it sounds like Trout really wants to play in front of family while still at the pinnacle of his career not at the very end.
hmmm SoCal or Philly?

My guess is, making $300m or whatever Trout (who is better than Bryce) can fly them all out on their own separate G-4. Or, better yet, just buy them a home.

hmmm SoCal or Philly?

My guess is, making $300m or whatever Trout (who is better than Bryce) can fly them all out on their own separate G-4. Or, better yet, just buy them a home.

He likes his hometown Eagles and makes it much easier to see all home games with his front row season tickets....

AZHUYW4SPJE53H6JRSURUYKKZU.jpg

Reactions: bmw199
He likes his hometown Eagles and makes it much easier to see all home games with his front row season tickets....

AZHUYW4SPJE53H6JRSURUYKKZU.jpg
I had a good friend retire to San Diego from CLE. I asked him why and he said "I want to go where I can visit the snow but the snow doesn't visit me."

Reactions: bwifan
Middleton has let it be known that money will not be an issue from keeping Trout from playing in Philly.
That and he is the best player all time. You kind of throw caution to the wind. Anyone saying he isn't coming to Philly is in denial.

Reactions: bwifan
hmmm SoCal or Philly?

He lives in Millville in the offseason. Had a house built there. Keep in mind it’s his wife’s hometown as well

Middleton has let it be known that money will not be an issue from keeping Trout from playing in Philly.
Not saying they won't do it, but at some point, it may not be prudent. What if Trout wants $400 mil and a team like the Yankees are willing to give it to him? Do the Phils try to outbid for a guy that may be past his prime?
I'd love to see Trout in Philly, but let's see what happens in 2 years.

maybe...i've been to Philly....you've got nothing.

Dude, you don’t need to comment on EVERY, SINGLE thread. Trout and the Phillies don’t concern you at all. You know nothing about the situation. You and Midnighter need to stop posting on Phillies threads.’ Stay in your narrow lanes.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Not saying they won't do it, but at some point, it may not be prudent. What if Trout wants $400 mil and a team like the Yankees are willing to give it to him? Do the Phils try to outbid for a guy that may be past his prime?
I'd love to see Trout in Philly, but let's see what happens in 2 years.

Trout's package will be North of $400MM and the Phils will give it to him

Trout's package will be North of $400MM and the Phils will give it to him
Listen to Matt Klentaks interview with Mike Missanelli today. He makes it a point to talk about good and bad business decisions and when to walk away from a deal. The Phils are certainly willing to spend money, but I don't think they are going to do it if they don't think it is a smart business decision. We'll see. Hopefully they can negotiate a deal that is good for both parties and not actually spend "stupid money".

I had a good friend retire to San Diego from CLE. I asked him why and he said "I want to go where I can visit the snow but the snow doesn't visit me."
Your desperation is showing. Guess what - one of the all-time greats actually loves the greater Philadelphia area. Wacky stuff.

I’m sure in 2 years, they’ll be some of you guys throwing out arcane stats to denigrate Trout if he has the audacity to want to sign with the Phils

That and he is the best player all time. You kind of throw caution to the wind. Anyone saying he isn't coming to Philly is in denial.

He is undeniably great. At the same age Ty Cobb had already had a season where he won the Triple Crown and led the league in hits, runs, stolen bases, OBP, SLG and OPS. It’s amazing a player can even be compared with Cobb, but Trout needs to put together the same level of statistics for another 8-10 years to overtake him.

ADVERTISEMENT